Mordhau

Lets face it, Mordhau is dying and we all know why

1406 1477

@ToLazy4Name said:

@SWSeriousMike said:
Did the tournament take place on official servers?

I don't think so, but it was sanctioned by Triternion and I believe it had a prize pool.

Which brings us to the next ridiculous thing. I've heard multiple times that Triternion won't endorse or support competitive play / e-sports. It's supposed to grow on its own. Why was this tournament different?

Why is someone exploiting on a private server banned from the game almost immediately, while the official servers are such a shitshow? It's not really a cheat by the way. ini modifications are allowed. It's almost an Easter egg akin to the Konami code.

Nothing about this drama makes any sense.

367 340
  • 16 Aug
 Peacerer

From a million sale to this... concurrent players online worldwide right now.

2825 Bordhau.JPG

1 4
  • 16 Aug
 Nemalp

@Peacerer said:
From a million sale to this... concurrent players online worldwide right now.

2825 Bordhau.JPG

Tbf you picked the worst time to check. It's too early for EU and too late for US

Edit: it actually says what time the data is from so my argument is invalid. My bad

1406 1477

I respect people that can admit their mistakes. Have a like and welcome to the forums!

123 156

@SWSeriousMike said:
I haven't witnessed that opinion in weeks. Not even Fashionhauers and roleplayers are really satisfied at the moment.

Depends on the platform. On the subreddit it's still a 50-50 mix of "This game is fucked" and "You guys are spoiled lolol its just a small indie team".

45 104
  • 16 Aug
 Degeneracy

@Budd said:

@IllOmens said:
I was hopeful about Mordhau because it wasn't developed by Torn Banner, turns out Triternion is just as awful, just in a different way. LUL

I mean... at least they fixed reverse overhead?

Though it's much harder to do and it might have been fixed if i remember correctly.

Duke 5483 13094
  • 16 Aug
 Jax — Community Manager

Mm to clarify, maps may or may not make it with the ranked update, it depends on where the maps are at progress wise and when everything else is ready.

I can see it being 50/50 whether or not it comes in one big update or two smaller ones, but if the latter happens the maps definitely won't have as long of a wait as it's been since the last patch to now.

Essentially, we don't want to hold back an update if it's possible, as there's no real reason to keep ranked from coming if it's ready and the maps aren't, but the maps are very close to being done, so we'll see what happens.

EDIT: Not everything is coming that was in the update, SDK is a long term goal that isn't going to be ready for a while.

Knight 7667 14070
  • 16 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

@Jax said:
Mm to clarify, maps may or may not make it with the ranked update, it depends on where the maps are at progress wise and when everything else is ready.

jax idk what the fuck the dev team is doing but please grab a gun and tell them to stop being stupid

that includes you, trust no one not even yourself

739 552
  • 16 Aug
 esturias

@Shitscrubber64 said:
Depends on the platform. On the subreddit it's still a 50-50 mix of "This game is fucked" and "You guys are spoiled lolol its just a small indie team".

The latter comment doesn't say anything about the quality of the game, it's just something that fanboys say when someone dares to criticise something.
I really didn't see any real fanboys praising the game into heaven, it all turned into "I still love the game, but...".

1406 1477

@ToLazy4Name said:
jax idk what the fuck the dev team is doing but please grab a gun and tell them to stop being stupid

that includes you, trust no one not even yourself

That might require a railgun. A conventional weapon won't have the range to intimidate the whole dev team at once.

9 7
  • 16 Aug
 jakkre

Essentially, we don't want to hold back an update if it's possible, as there's no real reason to keep ranked from coming if it's ready and the maps aren't, but the maps are very close to being done, so we'll see what happens.

Will there also be a MMR for the frontline mode or just for ranked?
As a beginner I'm tired of facing mostly hardcores in this game and I could bet that many other newcomers feel the same.
It is not fun to be in every match the cannon fodder for all the hardcores in this game. Pls separate us newbs from them.

84 134
  • 16 Aug
 IllOmens

@Jax said:

I can see it being 50/50 whether or not it comes in one big update or two smaller ones, but if the latter happens the maps definitely won't have as long of a wait as it's been since the last patch to now.

EDIT: Not everything is coming that was in the update, SDK is a long term goal that isn't going to be ready for a while.

what a shitshow

47 33
  • 16 Aug
 mr_jah

@Jax said:
The update will have everything mentioned in that dev update post + a lot of general improvements to the combat, crossroads should be rebalanced, weapon changes, shield changes, and some more features. It will be a good update.

EDIT: Wasn't really thinking too hard when I wrote this, maps may or may not be included, and SDK is a long way out. The next update is focused around ranked primarily, but work is being done to get the rest of what's been talked about in that update ready for some point in the future. Sorry for any misinformation.

Way too late IMHO, until animations will be fixed there won't be any big comeback soon.

123 156

@jakkre said:

As a beginner I'm tired of facing mostly hardcores in this game and I could bet that many other newcomers feel the same.
It is not fun to be in every match the cannon fodder for all the hardcores in this game. Pls separate us newbs from them.

Chivalry had "low rank servers" (only lv1-lv15 players allowed) and it was probably the worst idea the developers ever implemented, especially because Chivalry's skill curve revolves around mastering controversal spinny boi moves.

Instead of new players complaining immediately they would just be in their own little bubble until after a few hours they couldn't play on their special little servers anymore. Then they'd have to join a real server against good players and they'd just complain as much as before the lowrank servers were added.

Mordhau may not have the same broken moves as Chivalry but if there's one thing to take away from these lowrank servers it's that you don't learn anything fighting against bad players. You can't protect players from getting stomped (whether that's at lv1 or lv16), the only important difference is whether those players rage and uninstall or if they rise to the challenge and improve.

87 185
  • 16 Aug
 Dekkers

Getting FSE vibes here (for the Warband / NW players out there)

They took 2 years for ONE development blog xd
Needless to say hardly anyone still gives a shit about them or their game

146 69
  • 16 Aug
 NoYou

@Shitscrubber64 said:

@jakkre said:

Chivalry had "low rank servers" (only lv1-lv15 players allowed) and it was probably the worst idea the developers ever implemented, especially because Chivalry's skill curve revolves around mastering controversal spinny boi moves.

Instead of new players complaining immediately they would just be in their own little bubble until after a few hours they couldn't play on their special little servers anymore. Then they'd have to join a real server against good players and they'd just complain as much as before the lowrank servers were added.

Mordhau may not have the same broken moves as Chivalry but if there's one thing to take away from these lowrank servers it's that you don't learn anything fighting against bad players. You can't protect players from getting stomped (whether that's at lv1 or lv16), the only important difference is whether those players rage and uninstall or if they rise to the challenge and improve.

Good point, but I think ranked would help us newbs because as you get better, you will fight better opponents, meaning that you will constantly be getting better while not having to cope with the rage of getting destroyed by all the pros until we are on a similar skill level and can handle it. We will still progress on the learning curve, albeit a little slower, but without having to suffer the rage that comes with getting crushed by hardcore players.

739 552
  • 16 Aug
 esturias

@Jax said:
Mm to clarify

Why don't you post information like that in the dedicated update thread? There, people are waiting for even just a few words of news...

394 589
  • 16 Aug
 smug

Ranked as a stretch goal was such a mistake

Knight 76 161

@Jax said:

I appreciate this update on the incoming patch, but this small bit (And other info in the future) shouldn't be buried in a thread on the forums, It should be on the Steam discussion board.

83 51
  • 16 Aug
 Budd

@smug said:
Ranked as a stretch goal was such a mistake

Games not ready for it honestly