Mordhau

Lets face it, Mordhau is dying and we all know why

24 13
  • 10 Sep
 Spree237

I mean it is not like it has no issues, should my previous post sound like it is sided with the people who think Mordhau is absolutely without flaw. I recall many moments were random lag and just general hitboxes had been genuinely terrible, not just in the past but in the present, not to count that I agree that the community is absurd but that's another topic for another time.

Only in duels does the lag seem to cease, whereas in any other game mode with remotely more players than 20 it will sometimes be depending on the time and your luck be quite sad and not only unresponsive but also inconsistent. Most of the time it just works okay, nothing too much to point out. Here is an example: Sometimes my maul would miss the head of the enemies and still blow their skulls to pieces, but sometimes I would hit someone, with good ping on my side and the player that I was attacking, and it would not register. Sometimes my arming sword stab would hit someone even though my sword was nowhere near their torso. Albeit this happening right now is fewer to count in comparison with the release month, it happens to me nonetheless. It is not like my rig cannot handle Mordhau, I consistently get 70 fps as well. Now I understand the counter-argument against my point that the game can be quite inconsistent being: maybe you were just unlucky, I haven't had any of those problems!" Which may be true but it is still important enough to point out the issues, no matter how small or big, enough that the game can be improved. I am against mindless hate, but I am not against constructive criticism and a nontoxic discussion. Should you have a less friendly view towards that like: if they don't like it, then they can fuck off" then you have kind of given up, because unfortunately, the player base is kind of 'fucking off' already and I always do want this game to improve so I can come back and play the shit out of it for the years to come, although I had quit for its mechanics and meta, that may change for better or worse... And yet my hope will never die unless the devs just give up entirely.

8 13
  • 10 Sep
 Proxava

A playerbase of 5k players is good. Mordhau is a niche-game.

312 244
  • 10 Sep
 LoPan

@Proxava said:

This.

Better than chiv in their first 6 months as well as the other games of the genre except maybe for honor which is more arcade casual.

Also 4-5k daily peak like last time I was on, doesn’t mean playerbase. The playerbase is always larger than the daily peak.

161 62
  • 10 Sep
 CarnifeX

@SWSeriousMike said:
Yep, wrong expectations. I didn't expect they would sit their asses sore on the release money just to release patches that make the game worse whenever they feel like it.

I did not expect that the game would be balanced around ten people playing duels. I did not expect a map blunder like Crossroads. I did not expect that horses would stay broken forever. I did not expect hidden stats in a competitive game (and no comment about it). I did not expect incorrect server labels. I did not expect that they would add increased stamina damage for certain weapons against shields - rock-paper-scissors in a competitive game. I did not expect that they wouldn't hire anyone with all the money because they don't think they will ever sell a copy again. I did not expect the devs would abandon the game before I do. I did not expect a ranking-based dueling mode with maps that don't support it. ...

👍

978 704
  • 11 Sep
 esturias

@Proxava said:

That's true, but bear in mind that the playerbase once looked quite a bit differently and just ended up where it is now because of some quite severe mistakes done by the developement team.
That niche could have been quite a bit bigger by now...

83 56
  • 11 Sep
 Budd

It seems like the people who defended the game now are starting to lose hope for this game, its really depressing but theres nothing we could really do about it.

I love this game but you guys know that unless the devs get things together its not going to survive to 2020.

May god bless the devs souls, Amen.

1 0

Playing only off meta weapons such as arming sword and targe, I assure you that this game is going to die. Targe gives nothing to acutally help but a little time to save yourself when you run out of stam so just use a shield, but then shields are heavily debuffed with extra stam dmg with axes, which by the way are faster than daggers and hurt way more since everyone is a super dpi spin master and master gangbanging, teabagging, but gets destroyed the instant that there's only one person fighting them. This game needs heavy, HEAVY balancing in the weapons, maps, and constant flinch from people who stab from behind with spears, but get absolutely destroyed when they aren't hiding. Also love that daggers are "slower" than mauls since "reasons"???? Actually also love that heavy weapons can feint and morph even though they are legit impossible to actually do any actual weapon moving other than swinging. Mount and Blade Warband was much better at balancing weapons and dmg per movement instead of the random 180 thrust, which by the way WHY THE FUCK CAN SOMEONE 180 THRUST, that deals 1000000 dmg since players only use super meta weapons and still have light weapon properties "for some reason". Weapons need nerf and others need buff, no more super spin metas. BRING BACK BALANCE TO MORDHAU

Sellsword 226 266
  • 15 Nov
 Redeaux

I have also lost hope as of late and have stopped playing. I found myself playing warband again of all things. I think Bannerlord will probably be the death blow to Mordhau come March, that is if the devs don't get their act together by then.

1573689842701.jpg

182 110

Another one here who defended the game, saw the potential but no longer plays.

Game is down in to the 2000s for daily average players.

23 6

Devs also have moderators who are perma banning people at an extremely high rate. I was perma banned for happening to have the same name as someone who just happened to be personal friends with a dev. Not that I care at this point

Knight 7759 14277
  • 18 Nov
 ToLazy4Name

@c08188447bf245df said:
Devs also have moderators who are perma banning people at an extremely high rate. I was perma banned for happening to have the same name as someone who just happened to be personal friends with a dev. Not that I care at this point

You were banned for being a cunt. Why are you still here?

Knight 601 2021
  • 18 Nov
 LuxCandidus

@c08188447bf245df said:

Are you sure about that? Is there any chance you were instead banned because of chronic griefing, use of racial slurs, accusing people of hacking, admitting to hacking, admitting to having multiple 'burner accounts', being reported by several people and even having a thread made about you?

1572 1628

Holy shit. You must be the Keyser Soze of this forum. Everyone knows about you and your wrongdoings. :D

Knight 7759 14277
  • 18 Nov
 ToLazy4Name

@SWSeriousMike said:
Holy shit. You must be the Keyser Soze of this forum. Everyone knows about you and your wrongdoings. :D

Nah, I just remember everything that happens here and Lux is based and cutepilled so he/she/it remembers too. It also helps that I dabbed on him epic style in his thread.

12 6
  • 18 Nov
 Cryptic

The game is not without flaws, but I still have fun everytime I play.

I think one of the major issues is for new players. When the game first came out it was much easier to learn since there were a lot of other new players. Now, I can only imagine how difficult it is to get into the game with all the vets slaughtering you over and over. Most in-game complaints I see are from people under level 10.

This is not an easy issue to fix, however I'm sure steps could be taken to improve new players experience. The current tutorial does a good job of explaining the basics. Perhaps an "advanced combat" tutorial could also be implemented, which would explain drags, accels, and other techniques. Another suggestion is a low-level Frontline playlist, for level 20 and under. Potentially slower matchmaking, but it would be a much healthier environment for new players.

23 6

@LuxCandidus said:

@c08188447bf245df said:

Are you sure about that? Is there any chance you were instead banned because of chronic griefing, use of racial slurs, accusing people of hacking, admitting to hacking, admitting to having multiple 'burner accounts', being reported by several people and even having a thread made about you?

I have multiple accounts. So what?

978 704
  • 18 Nov
 esturias

@c08188447bf245df said:

Well. People come with the most fancy stories about how they got banned. And in most cases it was other people's fault...

23 11

all this game needs is:

-more maps
-King of the Hill and PUSH THE CART modes
-removal of frontline
-more objectives for Grad and Feitoria invasion
-mod library
-FREE WEEKEND+ FUCKING SALES

116 90

@BenitoMussolini said:
all this game needs is:

-(inane bullshit everyones already said before)
-removal of frontline
-(inane bullshit everyones said before)

I didnt know someone could be so retarded. “Oh yeah removing one of the most popular core gamemodes is a sure fire way to make the game better!”
Whats next, are you going to call me a noob for using a waraxe or something equally stupid?

1572 1628

@c08188447bf245df said:

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/2010/forum-rules/#c1

§7

@Cracksmith said:
Whats next, are you going to call me a noob for using a waraxe or something equally stupid?

Peasant noob!