Mordhau

Mordhau Development Roadmap

Knight 40 18

Is there an official roadmap for Mordhau? I backed the Kickstarter for a modkit but it is difficult to find information for it.

534 286
  • 14 Aug
 Gambit

I'm pretty sure there isn't a roadmap. Also from the recent announcement and the edit they made about mod support it seems like it's very low on the priority list, but still planned.
They can't exactly focus all of their energy on it either though, because some of the devs are hired specifically for level design and the rest need to manage the other issues. I hope they hire more people to sort out mods soon though, as it would definitely have the biggest impact on the player base.

190 95

https://discord.gg/XQBRrC
check out the modding and mapping discord.
there's been a lot of progress lately, on modding and mapping.

1403 1467

@Gambit said:
I'm pretty sure there isn't a roadmap. Also from the recent announcement and the edit they made about mod support it seems like it's very low on the priority list, but still planned.
They can't exactly focus all of their energy on it either though, because some of the devs are hired specifically for level design and the rest need to manage the other issues. I hope they hire more people to sort out mods soon though, as it would definitely have the biggest impact on the player base.

I wonder what would happen if they released the engine as open source and just kept the assets proprietary.

190 95

you guys are just on the wrong medium. you wont accomplish anything here.

Join the Mordhau Modding and Mapping discord community
this is where stuff gets done, https://discord.gg/XQBRrC

"We are now at 2.6k members only 3 weeks after the creation of this discord. Thanks to everyone for your interest, support and involvement in the pre-SDK project. Things are moving fast and we're going to see some crazy stuff in the next weeks !"

706 540
  • 15 Aug
 esturias

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:

"We are now at 2.6k members only 3 weeks after the creation of this discord. Thanks to everyone for your interest, support and involvement in the pre-SDK project. Things are moving fast and we're going to see some crazy stuff in the next weeks !"

Why should I register to a third party portal that I don't have any interest in, when we have the first communication platform - the forum - right here?
And how is it any relevant what you do on your private server?

Knight 40 18

@Gambit said:

Thank you for the information. The game has so many issues you'd think they'd just go the Elder Scrolls route and release the mod-kit as the fix all.

58 129
  • 15 Aug
 Quadsword

@Gambit said:

They already said they won't hire more people.

1403 1467
83 51
  • 17 Aug
 Budd

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:

See thats cool and all but no fucking servers run this shit, all you've been doing is advertising the Modding Discord and deluding yourself that it will fix the game, thinking the devs would actually do something, constantly saying "you're using the wrong medium" like yeah third party modding is cool but at the same time its really janky and barely works.

What actually works is people working together to have a loud enough voice to tell the devs feedback on what everyones thinking and what they need to do to save this fuckin amazing game.