Mordhau

More often but smaller updates > rarer and larger ones?

6 3
  • 12 Aug
 Jormungand

It's good that devs want to complete the update before publishing but does this worth it? Many people has left (and continue leaving, since the last update online has halved) because of bad balance/not enough content/etc. (you can see the online statistics here https://steamcharts.com/app/629760). In my opinion its better to start updating the game more often but not largely so there will be more interest in playing Mordhau and maybe it'll prevent the fall of online. What do you think about it?

Duke 552 937
  • 12 Aug
 Goatie

Yeah I've come close to uninstalling because I'm frustrated with the combat and I have no good casual mode to play to get away from competitive. If updates are going to always take this long I think I might end up just moving on if Chiv 2 or something else comes along. Possibly pubg.

534 286
  • 12 Aug
 Gambit

It's more productive to release larger updates so I can understand why they do it with such a small team. Managing different development branches, dealing with release issues and handling PR would all require a lot more work. Also we saw what happened when crossroads got released so I'm sure they want to nail down everything before releasing.
I agree though, we need updates more often. I hardly play Mordhau anymore and would like to see it being given some more love.

I have a signature

1548 1616

You can always mix it up. Bug fixes should get deployed in small updates. Content can be released in larger chunks.

Shit like the out of bounds capturing in Grad shouldn't have taken weeks to get fixed. Server labels should have been taken care of months ago. Also Crossroads fixes should be deployed before Feitoria is ready.

201 402
  • 12 Aug
 serbish

i think the mordhau gang would have their shit together a bit more if they were literally together, like in a studio

964 696
  • 12 Aug
 esturias

@SWSeriousMike said:
You can always mix it up. Bug fixes should get deployed in small updates. Content can be released in larger chunks.

This. But that's the case for working, balanced and fully released games, not for this kind of mess.
In this case we should be glad for everything we get...

534 286
  • 12 Aug
 Gambit

@SherbershLemel said:
i think the mordhau gang would have their shit together a bit more if they were literally together, like in a studio

That might be the case without proper leadership. I work in a remote team and we functions just as well. Without a project manager and proper communication things can progress slowly though.

403 601
  • 13 Aug
 smug

There's no reason why we haven't received a patch fixing CR, or nerfing horses.

19 12

@SWSeriousMike said:

Shit like the out of bounds capturing in Grad shouldn't have taken weeks to get fixed. Server labels should have been taken care of months ago. Also Crossroads fixes should be deployed before Feitoria is ready.

This. You need smaller updates to fix clearly broken things and some minor balance issues. Then larger patches with content and more sweeping balance changes. It also gives the meta time to settle if you do more frequent smaller balance updates.

138 218
  • 13 Aug
 DylanS_98

I just stopped playing all together. I got about 500+ hours of content from it and had fun for the most part. I think from now on I'll just play casually, if the game receives some good updates. I'm definitely not going back to making it my primary choice of game to play however.