Mordhau

Team killing - Frontline

182 110
  • 10 Aug '19
 bobbydigital

Does anyone else have a big issue with the tk and team damage in frontline.

We can invest in a perk that means we do less damage to teammates but you can't invest in a perk that means you take less damage from your teammates.

So you have to rely on them to pick the perk.

Some sort of reflective damage perk that, so the friendly attacker takes dmg from their own stupidity.

Basically, di*kheads swinging in 5 vs 1 and archers with bad aim should be punished. Sometimes 50% of my deaths in FL is from my own players.

Knight 78 98
  • 10 Aug '19
 Josh

Actually friendly works on both dealt and received team damage:
friendly.png

It also stacks, so if you pick it and your teammate picks it then you take very little damage (plus the official servers already have a team damage reduction of I think 50%, so it can go all the way down to 12.5% if both players are using friendly).

To manage team damage yourself, wearing a pavise shield works very well, it also blocks a lot of enemy fire unless you're directly facing them. Wearing a pavise shield also incentivizes your enemies to change targets, so they won't even bother trying to shoot at you.

Just abandon 5v1s, there's very little benefit to being an additional teammate in this situation, you'd do your team much more good by preventing reinforcements reaching the 1 or making the enemy 5v1 you somewhere else. If you see any engagement other than a 1v1 then you should really consider whether you're actually helping the team by joining it. You'll find you get team hit a lot less if you avoid these gangbangs.

If you want a perk which matches the kind of person who would use it, then how about "Unfriendly", where your character always takes and deals 100% team damage, but they will automatically attack any teammate who has hit them before...

182 110
  • 10 Aug '19
 bobbydigital

I guess this is the result of not reading the perks, always thought friendly was for out going damage, means there's little excuse to moan about team damages.

Thanks for the little write up.
The little 1 vs 5 events would be ended soon enough with some stabs but I guess certain weapons, like the Maul, users are much happier to swing.

1237 904
  • 11 Aug '19
 esturias

@bobbydigital said:
Some sort of reflective damage perk that, so the friendly attacker takes dmg from their own stupidity.

That would be stupid. Why would you - in a TEAMbased game - invest your valuable skillpoints in something with the only effect being deliberatel hurting your team?
Remember that those dealing teamdamage aren't always idiots. It often happens accidentally. Just take the poor archers with their slow arrows adn the glitchy movement of the characters.

Basically, di*kheads swinging in 5 vs 1 and archers with bad aim should be punished. Sometimes 50% of my deaths in FL is from my own players.

They get punished with a negative score. I hope that they will rework the rewardsystem one day, so that your actions have more of an impact...

54 58
  • 11 Aug '19
 freygeist

I think it was better handled in Chivalry, where you could see how many teamdamage a player did in percentage. So you could really filter out those who do a lot teamdamage, it encourages players to be mindful, when you can see it directly. Of course this system had some issues, for example when you did a mistake at the start of the match, and had 100% percent, and some asshole votekicks you, but overall it worked fine.

1237 904
  • 11 Aug '19
 esturias

@freygeist said:
I think it was better handled in Chivalry, where you could see how many teamdamage a player did in percentage. So you could really filter out those who do a lot teamdamage, it encourages players to be mindful, when you can see it directly. Of course this system had some issues, for example when you did a mistake at the start of the match, and had 100% percent, and some asshole votekicks you, but overall it worked fine.

Something like that is in the pipeline, I think. Remember that right now we don't even have a working scoreboard...

182 110
  • 11 Aug '19
 bobbydigital

@esturias

Poor archer should make better decisions, getting shot in the back constantly on mountain peak is all they seem to be good at. They shouldn't be making shots when you're 1v1 with the enemy unless they are confident they can make the shot, but they never seem to learn.

I played a lot of archer in this game and it's easy to stand down and not take the shot. Reflective damage would punish people who did constant team damage.

I don't think scores mean anything in the grand scheme of things as everyone ends up getting the same xp and gold.

60 71
  • 11 Aug '19
 negocromn

@bobbydigital said:
@esturias

Poor archer should make better decisions, getting shot in the back constantly on mountain peak is all they seem to be good at. They shouldn't be making shots when you're 1v1 with the enemy unless they are confident they can make the shot, but they never seem to learn.

I played a lot of archer in this game and it's easy to stand down and not take the shot. Reflective damage would punish people who did constant team damage.

I don't think scores mean anything in the grand scheme of things as everyone ends up getting the same xp and gold.

not really, if you are archer there's pretty much nothing better than shooting at people that are engaged because they are easily predictable

a good archer will shoot a lot into duels and stuff, shit happens and youll hit your teammates a bunch but unless you are braindead you should be helping way more than you are tking most of the time

182 110
  • 11 Aug '19
 bobbydigital

"A good archer"

That's the issue, plenty of terrible archers out their making bad calls and they are not punished for doing so, you are the one punished when they shoot you in the back and you lose hp (friendly fire) or die.

Once again you need to be a good archer in the 1v1, helping out your team mate. The 1v1 is fair so often just let your team mate play their game. Tk'ing someone who didn't need your help and had a good chance of winning is often a bad call.

A good archer isn't an issue because they don't tend to team damage or team kill, they know when to shoot and when to let it be.

54 58
  • 12 Aug '19
 freygeist

@negocromn said:

not really, if you are archer there's pretty much nothing better than shooting at people that are engaged because they are easily predictable

a good archer will shoot a lot into duels and stuff, shit happens and youll hit your teammates a bunch but unless you are braindead you should be helping way more than you are tking most of the time

No thats what a shit archer does. A good archer knows his place, and his first priority should always be countering enemy archers.