Mordhau

Getting kicked from DM for playing DM

3 1
  • 8 Aug
 Dreamer

I keep getting vote kicked out of official deathmatch servers for playing the deathmatch and not dueling. Can we get a prevention system for this? I know vote kick is kind of important but when people are playing deathmatch like its duels and complaining then kicking you its a bit annoying. Not everyone wants to play duels and there is very very few actual deathmatch servers to go around to and play. Im sure im not the only one who this has happened to.

3 1
  • 8 Aug
 Dreamer

At this current time there is only 1 deathmatch server up and I cant even play because Im constantly being vote kicked out for wanting to play the game, instead of the people playing on an actual privately hosted duel server, I am being forced out of the official server so they can make it into a dueling server. :/

Knight 39 51
  • 8 Aug
 Josh

You need to turn it into an FFA naturally, try making everyone in the server pissed off. Move between other people's duels while you're dueling so that people "accidentally" kill each other, throw swords at people when nobody's looking, maybe chuck a smoke bomb or two?

If that doesn't float your boat then just join frontline with team colours turned off and pretend it's an FFA.

38 16
  • 8 Aug
 norshin

Wait are people dueling in normal DM servers? But if the server name says "duel" then they think you are griefing and there's no wonder you get kicked.

98 107

How to turn a duel server into a deathmatch server:

1. Try to attack only one target, maybe two. Throwing a few pebbles works wonders
  2. The target gets pissed at you and will start chasing. Run towards nearby players who are engaged in their own duel.
  3. Try hiding behind one of the duellers.
    3.A. Don't fight back against your target. Parry a few times, then die in clear view of everyone else to seem like the victim.
    3.B. With a little luck one of the duellers will actually fight back on your behalf.
    3.C. The absolute best scenario: one of the duelists will be distracted/come to your aid and then his opponent kills him. There's nothing more annoying in duels than when your opponent kills you while you were clearly distracted.
  4. Repeat a couple of times.
3 1
  • 8 Aug
 Dreamer

No. I am joining into Official Deathmatch servers and getting kicked for playing the actual deathmatch. People want to duel in official deathmatch servers and Ive been kicked repeatedly for just trying to play the mode Id like. I would rather not try to cause problems in a duel server then get kicked for RDM, but I cant even just play FFA like I would enjoy without being vote kicked everytime I join into the server. Especially since there is only 1-2 or sometimes 0 actual deathmatch servers. Not everyone enjoys duels :/

528 282
  • 8 Aug
 Gambit

@Dreamer said:
No. I am joining into Official Deathmatch servers and getting kicked for playing the actual deathmatch. People want to duel in official deathmatch servers and Ive been kicked repeatedly for just trying to play the mode Id like. I would rather not try to cause problems in a duel server then get kicked for RDM, but I cant even just play FFA like I would enjoy without being vote kicked everytime I join into the server. Especially since there is only 1-2 or sometimes 0 actual deathmatch servers. Not everyone enjoys duels :/

I honestly didn't even know there was official deathmatch servers.

84 133
  • 8 Aug
 IllOmens

@Gambit said:

@Dreamer said:

I honestly didn't even know there was official deathmatch servers.

neither did I

601 471
  • 9 Aug
 esturias

I only played 3 or 4 deathmatches, because there are only 1 or 2 available servers, but I didn't notice anything like that.
You are sure that the servers you get kicked from don't have a "duel" or similar in their name?

Knight 644 985

theres also the problem of people turning skirmish into duel servers, like why the fuck do people want to make every gamemode duel?

1283 3785

@VampireDuck said:
theres also the problem of people turning skirmish into duel servers, like why the fuck do people want to make every gamemode duel?

inb4 duel mode gets released and ppl turn it into capture the flag

528 282
  • 9 Aug
 Gambit

@VampireDuck said:

I don't like that either, but if it's down to 1v3 sometimes doing it is fun and respectful.

I have a signature

42 51
  • 9 Aug
 PartyClass

Go into the the server list and type 'FFA' in the keywords box. There are usually a few true FFA's out there

601 471
  • 9 Aug
 esturias

@Gambit said:
I don't like that either, but if it's down to 1v3 sometimes doing it is fun and respectful.

Not at all if you are in a teambased gamemode.
I had that happening quite a few times in Frontlines and since I play mostly supportcharacters because of several reasons, I'd really like to accidentally sink a few arrows into the back of those morons that, instead of providing teamplay, stand next to me doing nothing and then post "hurrdurr nice duhel bro!" after I got mowed down with one or maybe two hits.

939 287

dident even know there were actual deathmatch servers

98 107

@Gambit said:

@VampireDuck said:

I have a signature

It encourages people to dick around near their spawn, avoid any encounters and then throw their hands in the air yelling "DUELS!" when they're inevitably the last man standing.

At least half the time I join a Skirmish server the top scoring players are terrible teamplayers who happen to be good at 1v1.

939 287

ive organized 2v1 duels befor, anyone else do Referee work in duel servers

294 235
  • 12 Aug
 LoPan

This whole story sounds fishy. I’m just going to assume you joined a duel server and were kicked for good reason.

601 471
  • 12 Aug
 esturias

@LoPan said:
This whole story sounds fishy. I’m just going to assume you joined a duel server and were kicked for good reason.

We'll never know, but since OP never commented on duels, that's most definitely it.

Recruit 83 127
  • 12 Aug
 FlameHeart

@Dreamer said:
I keep getting vote kicked out of official deathmatch servers for playing the deathmatch and not dueling. Can we get a prevention system for this? I know vote kick is kind of important but when people are playing deathmatch like its duels and complaining then kicking you its a bit annoying. Not everyone wants to play duels and there is very very few actual deathmatch servers to go around to and play. Im sure im not the only one who this has happened to.

People don't like RDM (aka Random Death Match). If you attack a person or group of people without initiating a duel (aka a flourish or like a bow) they'll likely get pissed and more than often report you for RDM. Just don't use ranged weapons and don't attack people without a reason. I understand that Deathmatch is unpopular and that pretty much all of the DM servers are dual servers, just don't be an asshole and find something you like :)