Mordhau

Being able to choose a team is exacerbating the imbalance in frontline maps

Knight 10 8
  • 6 Aug '19
 Sticks

The longer this game is out and the more people become fully acquainted with the few amount of maps we have to choose from the worse frontline is getting because all the more experienced players will stack the team that has a better chance at winning on a certain map leaving the newer players to the other team by default to get slaughtered by already being in a disadvantageous position to begin with on top of all the good players being on the other team. I think leaving the game in this state is a really bad idea as any new player will experience nothing but loss after loss and getting destroyed relentlessly by the enemy team full of nothing but top level players and I doubt anyone would stick around for that so it won't do the playerbase any favors.

In the meantime as a bandaid I think removing the ability to choose what team to go on and instead having everyone autoassign at the start would address this issue immediately and lead frontline to be a much more balanced experience despite the flaws in the maps. Clearly the attempts to address the imbalances in the maps themselves hasn't helped much and its probably going to be a long drawn out process to get the win rates to be as close to 50/50 as possible and I don't think its a good idea to just leave frontline in the sorry state that its in right now until that eventually happens as thats the mode that all new players will experience the game through.

404 604
  • 6 Aug '19
 smug

Yes Im sure being forced on blue when it's crossroads will be good for the community.

Most people also want to play with their friends, removing this choice isn't a good idea.

Knight 10 8
  • 6 Aug '19
 Sticks

Crossroads wouldn't be such a landside for red every time if all the good players couldn't pick red every time so yes it would be good for the community because you'd have more situations where blue actually stands a chance at winning crossroads.

When it comes to playing with friends I don't think it would be difficult to use the already existing party system to put players in a party on the same team, I'd like if this were implemented just by itself as its already hard to get everyone in a party on the same team as everyone frantically clicks the team icon just waiting for some random player to join the server and go on the other team to balance them out so you can get on the team your friend is on.

957 309
  • 7 Aug '19
 Antoniokontos

again ive never lost on blue on crossroads have came close befor though

1756 1811
  • 7 Aug '19
 SWSeriousMike

If the teams are balanced and the map is not, the result is clear beforehand. It would be impossible for blue to win even on Camp. Because as soon as they are ahead team balance strikes and makes sure red can secure victory once again.

Crossroads can't be fixed by automatic team balance or any bandaid. The map is utterly broken and needs rework desperately. Therefore it is irrelevant to almost every discussion.

81 56
  • 7 Aug '19
 HoracioCrux

What is going on with your profile pic? Is that an eight-year-old with a Glock 19?

1241 911
  • 7 Aug '19
 esturias

The whole matchmaking idea with choosing sides before every match is just stupid. Especially when the mapdesign is THAT bad...

btw: Punctuation. Use it.

182 110
  • 7 Aug '19
 bobbydigital

@smug said:
Yes Im sure being forced on blue when it's crossroads will be good for the community.

Most people also want to play with their friends, removing this choice isn't a good idea.

The system should be able to auto assign parties as well, it's no biggie.

Is there some stats that show this game is mainly played by parties, groups, pre-mades or whatever they are called? Most games, even team focused games like overwatch are vastly played by solo players or at least that's what the main developer said about their game.

Someone has to play on the side of the map that is at the disadvantage due to bad map design, otherwise there is no game to play.
Someone will be forced to pick it because the other team has more players already and their's no slots left.