Mordhau

Goldrush: an idea for Mordhau's comp mode

Duchess 774 3448
 Stouty

Edit:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b6Eh-3OqSk8yVf7lnyEwJOYYFQtNYhBHNtNvJIi_aSU/edit?usp=sharing
I decided to remove the interlinked economy/score system as it was too complex

Knight 7590 13879

Why should I watch this video stoutman, what is in it for me?

Duchess 774 3448
  • 6 Aug
 Stouty

Very gOod quesTion, wEll You see lAzy, watchiNG this video might enlighten you on how competitive melee games should be formatted

178 165
  • 6 Aug
 Unlikely

I like multiple objectives, and the need for teamwork. (Which I could have read about in less time that it takes to watch a video.)

Mercenary 21 50
  • 6 Aug
 Beedrill

Really like the economy aspect of the idea tbh

Knight 7590 13879

@Stouty said:
Very gOod quesTion, wEll You see lAzy, watchiNG this video might enlighten you on how competitive melee games should be formatted

I'll pass it along to Crush and get back to you

385 578
 smug

This should of been discussed during the multiple years of alpha, I honestly think it's too late considering how long we're waiting for a map and ranked, the devs have a lot on their plate without also having to brainstorm and playtest a game mode that may or may not work. By the time we have we would theoretically get this mode the game will be dead, or we will go back to Stopwatch TO if Invasion is TO that is.

Secondly I don't think eco rounds will be spectator friendly because:

1.I'm going to assume the eco weapons are 1handers, and 1 handers will rely on morph feint/feint stab mixups which will be aids to play vs and aids to watch.

2.Most of Mordhau's gameplay has been tuned around the 2handers in general and I think eco rounds will force the devs to balance the game drastically differently. As it stands what point cost should a bastard sword be in the current meta? It could literally outperform any weapon, but I guess team engagements change that dynamic.

34 14

I think hostage rescue would be a better format, could even call it princess rescue lmao

2369 4810
  • 6 Aug
 Maci

@MachinePlayer said:
I think hostage rescue would be a better format, could even call it princess rescue lmao

Imagine the Headlines

57 26
  • 6 Aug
 Odd

Video is good and all, but are you whispering because your mother is asleep?

Just wondering.....

Knight 7590 13879

he's whispering because he's trying not to moan from me fucking him in the ass

also stouty very cool video I watched it and it made me think thoughts

57 26
  • 6 Aug
 Odd

@ToLazy4Name said:

i would want to fuck stouty's barber aswell

Duchess 774 3448
  • 6 Aug
 Stouty

@smug said:
This should of been discussed during the multiple years of alpha, I honestly think it's too late considering how long we're waiting for a map and ranked, the devs have a lot on their plate without also having to brainstorm and playtest a game mode that may or may not work. By the time we have we would theoretically get this mode the game will be dead, or we will go back to Stopwatch TO if Invasion is TO that is.

The comp mode that ends up succeeding (if any) will most likely come from a mod, which players can make/test themselves

Secondly I don't think eco rounds will be spectator friendly because:

1.I'm going to assume the eco weapons are 1handers, and 1 handers will rely on morph feint/feint stab mixups which will be aids to play vs and aids to watch.

As opposed to drag mix ups, which are worse for spectators

2.Most of Mordhau's gameplay has been tuned around the 2handers in general and I think eco rounds will force the devs to balance the game drastically differently.

Not really, larger weapons are generally more useful than shorter weapons. The game is still functional without everyone having 2h

717 588

yasssssssss i love it. i was also thinking about how there could be an interesting 5 v 5 CSGO style game mode in this game genre and this seems to be a very good conclusion to that concept

942 293

i like this idea

Conscript 227 306

@ToLazy4Name said:

Well? You record it or what?

1340 1401

Has Giru already disagreed with the idea?

717 588

@SWSeriousMike said:
Has Giru already disagreed with the idea?

lol does he have beef with stouty. giru plays csgo (poorly) so i imagine he would like the format

1340 1401

It's just that you could always rely on Giru to disagree with Stouty. I don't know why. Or maybe I got the wrong impression because of a small sample size.

107 131

@Odd said:
Video is good and all, but are you whispering because your mother is asleep?

Just wondering.....

Stouty's making ASMR videos, you didn't know?