Mordhau

Arqubus in Mordhau ?

1 0
  • 4 Aug
 danie335q2

So I have seen that helmets and certain chestpieces as well as leg and arm armor are from a period where firearms where used(Armetes, Elizabeth Curass...). Firearms like the Arqubus existed at that time and I would wish for more Renaissance armor and weapons. The Arqubus would be a 11-12 costing ranged firearm. With same damage against all armor typs(60-80). As a drawback, accuracy would be terrible, as well as a long reload time and rather limited ammo. Perks like Huntsman would not work with the Arqubus, for obvious reasons.

243 139

if you're waiting for gun powder weapons to make their way into mordhau i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you.
pirates were notoriously unpopular in Chivalry; Deadliest Warrior solely because of their guns.

a group of people with guns that has armor piercing potential is a death sentence for most people.

Conscript 85 146

Matchlocks are not going to be a thing because 2h elitists will cry. However, with modding I am sure that on community servers we are going to see them.

The only viable option would be to make the matchlock a skin for the crossbow.

Modded 100 player pike 'n shot server when

497 380
 esturias

Come again when the game is borderline balanced and ranged combat properly impkemented. Right now the balance you suggested for those things would make everything just worse, with even more high damage nonsense.

btw: We already had 3 threads about it this week.

Knight 2188 3938
  • 5 Aug
 Runagate

The devs aren't interested in adding gunpowder weapons. Besides, what would this really add to the game? Nobody wants more ranged spam.

26 54

Muskets in general are a terrible idea for a game where archers are largely relegated to team play and assists. Take the pistol from Chiv: DW, add even more range and power- why are you even playing Mordhau at that point? Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars is that way.

Hand cannons of the touch-ignited fashion, on the other hand, would be possible (albeit difficult) to balance as short ranged heavy weapons a la the Javelin. Because they're fired from the hip and aimed largely by intuition and not by the eye, the crosshair could be a big wide cone- or lacking entirely.

As far as stats go- I would say something in the vein of 10-11 points, with 8 ammo, and a 3 second fuse during which it'd hiss and smoke, and with a Crossbow-like reload demanding you stay still. Projectile would, of course, be parryable. Being that these guns used weak serpentine powder and had stubby barrels, damage would decline against 2 and 3 armor pieces, but would remain more powerful than equivalent crossbow bolts.

850 246

id say deal the same damage as maul but the range of recurve and you cant move when loading or fireing it should cost 11 points and only have 2 shots max

another idea i have is a 3 point Grenade (these are from 17th centry) Handgrenades_Ingolstadt.jpg deals the amount of damage from halberd range of a rock and the speed of a firebomb either as a fuse explosive or as a typical bomb as they are now (were they explode on contact) direct hits should constitute 100 damage on t3 wile aoe should be about 75-25 depending on distance

edit: computer had a stroke and added a extra e in these

Knight 2188 3938
  • 10 Aug
 Runagate

Again I don't think something like this should just be added for the hell of it without great consideration as to what it adds to the game.

Antonio, something like literal fucking hand grenades would be utter aids especially with damage like that. Imagine 20 noobs spamming those everywhere, jesus christ.

Also you don't need to tell what you edited, people can check the edits themselves by clicking on the pencil icon.

243 139

No, guys, just no.

you giving the gun insane handicaps like long reload time, stillstanding fire, only 2 bullets etc. is not gonna work out, because people are just gonna flock up in groups with these guns, and then it doesn't matter how long the reload time is, or how many bullets they have.
because what they'll do is, they'll shoot one at a time, and suddenly they don't only have 1 bullet, but 5-12 bullets, to finish off whoever comes charging their way, and that pretty much makes them untouchable, which nullifies the handicaps you've come up with. nothing short of 10 seconds of bullet immunity after being hit by a bullet will balance a gun, and then you might as well not use one since the whole idea is to form up a regiment and neck people before they can get close.

if you want to see for yourselves how much guns hurts a game like Mordhau i recommend you try out Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior and then join a class deathmatch (or any game mode based on class vs. class. vs. class) and see if Pirates don't dominate the absolute shit out of them all, with only the occasional exception.

1756 1406
  • 13 Aug
 Rergato

If they ever add an Arqubus it should be a map pickup, just like the sledgehammer. Just a couple for each team.

26 54

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
No, guys, just no.

you giving the gun insane handicaps like long reload time, stillstanding fire, only 2 bullets etc. is not gonna work out, because people are just gonna flock up in groups with these guns, and then it doesn't matter how long the reload time is, or how many bullets they have.
because what they'll do is, they'll shoot one at a time, and suddenly they don't only have 1 bullet, but 5-12 bullets, to finish off whoever comes charging their way, and that pretty much makes them untouchable, which nullifies the handicaps you've come up with. nothing short of 10 seconds of bullet immunity after being hit by a bullet will balance a gun, and then you might as well not use one since the whole idea is to form up a regiment and neck people before they can get close.

if you want to see for yourselves how much guns hurts a game like Mordhau i recommend you try out Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior and then join a class deathmatch (or any game mode based on class vs. class. vs. class) and see if Pirates don't dominate the absolute shit out of them all, with only the occasional exception.

This is a perfect explanation of why matchlocks and any later arms shouldn't be in-game. Pirate's arms in DW were very much point and shoot affairs that were only fun to use, not face. I wouldn't really use mass gunlines as an argument though; the same can be said of crossbow squads and shortspear/shield walls.

Handgonnes/hand cannons would work, if they had a delayed fuse between ignition and firing, and were short-ranged affairs. With this setup, a gunner relies on good timing and positioning to score kills, and facing one you have the chance to close the gap, prepare to parry, find cover, etc. Finally, the short barrel and primitive powder of a handgonne means lower damage and parried bullets are not nearly as unbelievable as from proper muskets.