Mordhau

Double weapons

2 1
 Romyl

How do you like the idea of ​​adding weapons, such as double swords or axes, since for me this weapon will add more interest to the battle and give a new sip to the spectrum of weapons that are currently in the game. Isn’t it cool to go into battle with two Roman swords or to dress like a berserker, and go into battle with two axes. This will give even more immersion in the game.705464eed8d8b9989504bb4471591ed6f815001b.jpg

Knight 529 1849

How would it work in terms of gameplay?

13 12
  • 3 Aug
 DonPelayo

@LuxCandidus said:
How would it work in terms of gameplay?

Should be a perk. Blocking isn't nearly as effective but you can hold any two one handed weapons.

Knight 529 1849

@DonPelayo said:
Should be a perk. Blocking isn't nearly as effective but you can hold any two one handed weapons.

I mean how does it work? Does pressing LMB swing both at once? Are attacks from one side with one weapon and from the opposite side with the other? Can you attack with one weapon while already attacking with the other?

Your suggestion would create a tremendous shift in gameplay, but you are not really elaborating how any of it would work.

1241 3680

@Romyl said:
double swords or axes dress like a berserker more immersion in the game

these things are fantasy. no duel wielding.

13 12
  • 3 Aug
 DonPelayo

@LuxCandidus said:

@DonPelayo said:

I mean how does it work? Does pressing LMB swing both at once? Are attacks from one side with one weapon and from the opposite side with the other? Can you attack with one weapon while already attacking with the other?

Your suggestion would create a tremendous shift in gameplay, but you are not really elaborating how any of it would work.
Block crosses both weapons, so there's no directional block. As for attacking.. PVKII handled the berserker's axe + sword combo by having you hold the button to basically become a lawnmower. You could also hold the attack to 'charge' it and that'd make you able to break blocks.

As for Mordhau, "Can you attack with one weapon while already attacking with the other?" would be an interesting take on it, but since you can only block/parry one attack at a time, this wouldn't be very fair.

Basically, attack from left side = your lefternmost weapon attacks from that direction, right = the same deal, just flipped.

Vertical attacks would have both weapons coming down on your opponent. Stabs would.. I don't know, be stabs.

Another option is to have lmb + rmb be your respective attack buttons, and holding both would be a block.

2 1
  • 3 Aug
 Romyl

I think that strikes will be simultaneous, for example, when changing the mode, the attack speed and damage will change, if you switch to slow mode, there will be more damage, if you switch to fast, there will be less damage, of course it will not be logical to beat and block at the same time

66 35
  • 3 Aug
 CarnifeX

yes please, i wanna play as ragnar from vikings ^^

Knight 7441 13574

yeah cool I think we should add guns as well while we're at it

no don't ask me how I want them implemented I just want them okay

287 113

@LuxCandidus said:

@DonPelayo said:

I got a couple Ideas:

1) Aim left, use left arm, aim right, use right arm. Faster combo.

2) Use the off hand weapon to parry and combo only. faster combo, parry window becomes smaller.
Aim for the first combo hit with main hand, then aim for off hand.

But I'm not really advocating this Idea after all, it would look cool but I share your concerns about how it will affect gameplay.

850 246

tbh if there was Duel weilding it should be like Real life 1 Main weapon the other one a Parrying dagger and when you attack with it it does 2 attacks instead of one costing double to stam on miss

Sellsword 663 2092
  • 5 Aug
 Goof

They could make dual wielding work with the 240 system, the directional attack determines which weapon you swing or stab with. Could also work with parries.

Obviously this would be a huge implementation but I think they could make it work.

4 1

Each side can swing from their respective sides, Over head swings you can swing both or just one, Under hand swing is just one side, and blocking is done by both weapons but Limits say leg coverage. Id think this could work

42 35

I didn't see if anybody mentioned Chivalry Deadliest warrior, but I kinda like how they did it.

• Left swings are done by the left wep and right are for the right side.
  • For the alt, you press r for the first weapon. For the second weapon, you press r and the left swing key.
  • If you lose a weapon, your character will always try to be right handed, so if you lose your right weapon, you will switch your left weapon to the right hand.

But it's would be really op in duel, for example a short short/dagger and a heavy hand axe, you can swing between drags and accel like crazy making yourself extremly hard to read.

I'm against except if it costs like 10

81 55

Only swordbreakers and offhand daggers should be allowed.

41 22
  • 8 Aug
 'Lock

@TombstoneJack said:

@Romyl said:
double swords or axes dress like a berserker more immersion in the game

these things are fantasy. no duel wielding.

Not entirely fantasy, pairs of swords and light axes were pretty commonplace in most historical periods. China, Scandinavia, Europe. A lightly armoured loon with a brace of hatchets high on shrooms and half way down a skin of fermented vegetable mush was unsurprisingly of value in a lot of loose situations and skirmishes.

But in game it would just be a animation variation for alt attacks so wouldn't be worth implementing. Loads of work for no financial gain.

13 6
  • 9 Aug
 Aleihric

Yeah, its contested how the start of the Battle for Stamford Bridge happened, but one berserker held back the saxons with a bottleneck. Some say it was a Danish longaxe (or the battleaxe in Mordhau), others say he held the line with two axes.

One thing is for certain though is what HoracioCrux brought up- Parrying daggers. One of the main things that comes to mind when it comes to Late Middle Age- Italian Renaissance fighting is the main gauch- sword and dagger.

In fact it spread over to the Philipines as a style of escrima called "espada y daga". You have three guesses and two don't count as to what that translates to.

As for function, I'm not sure but perhaps you have a small window of attack with the main gauche after a parry? It would be with the primary attacks as usual, just right after the parry function, like a repose with the main gauche.

I don't know about that function, just a thought. I do stand behind the notion of sword-and-dagger though. It would add yet another cool function in an already diverse and customizable game. A really net function I add.

850 246

@Aleihric said:
Yeah, its contested how the start of the Battle for Stamford Bridge happened, but one berserker held back the saxons with a bottleneck. Some say it was a Danish longaxe (or the battleaxe in Mordhau), others say he held the line with two axes.

One thing is for certain though is what HoracioCrux brought up- Parrying daggers. One of the main things that comes to mind when it comes to Late Middle Age- Italian Renaissance fighting is the main gauch- sword and dagger.

In fact it spread over to the Philipines as a style of escrima called "espada y daga". You have three guesses and two don't count as to what that translates to.

As for function, I'm not sure but perhaps you have a small window of attack with the main gauche after a parry? It would be with the primary attacks as usual, just right after the parry function, like a repose with the main gauche.

I don't know about that function, just a thought. I do stand behind the notion of sword-and-dagger though. It would add yet another cool function in an already diverse and customizable game. A really net function I add.

dident he take a pike in the rib from below and that's how he was stopped