Mordhau

unavoidable stab

18 29
 vector

first of all, i think i cant express the precise description of a case because of my poor english, but i will try to do my best

The main problem with a stab is that you cant avoid it, it is supposed to be a dicrect hit, like a train moving on a straight railway with concentration of all "power" on the peak of a weapon. Atm it does not work that way, a slightest touch of right,left side of a weapon even if it moves very slowly makes you recive a full dmg. A stab can be moved in all directions following the mouse, It is normal for me to avoid normal hits, swings by prediction, by movement, but if i avoid a stab this is realy a sensation, it happens 1 of 10 attempts.

as you can see on the screen area of a hit is quite big, perk dodge does not work versus a stab. Footwork almost does not work versus stab.
https://hostingkartinok.com/show-image.php?id=e3a1f95f69f6e6a6abffc8ed332ebafd

long rang weapons make you suffer the most, during fight you can clearly see that a spear misses you, but then it moves in your direction and you recive dmg.

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 2 Aug
 Sir Zombie

Parry or chamber it

2 1

I agree, stab hooks are the worst in this game. Literally a touch of death with the right weapon. A viable fix would be making an effective small radius around the front of the player to mitigate sharp turns and allow only minor aim adjustments. So if the player turns too much mid-stab, the damage nullifies.

This mechanic could potentially remove the spear noscoping we all hate so much.

Knight 7579 13875

If you think this is an issue, the solution is to simply nerf stab turncaps.

104 47
  • 3 Aug
 CarnifeX

@vector said:
first of all, i think i cant express the precise description of a case because of my poor english, but i will try to do my best

The main problem with a stab is that you cant avoid it, it is supposed to be a dicrect hit, like a train moving on a straight railway with concentration of all "power" on the peak of a weapon. Atm it does not work that way, a slightest touch of right,left side of a weapon even if it moves very slowly makes you recive a full dmg. A stab can be moved in all directions following the mouse, It is normal for me to avoid normal hits, swings by prediction, by movement, but if i avoid a stab this is realy a sensation, it happens 1 of 10 attempts.

as you can see on the screen area of a hit is quite big, perk dodge does not work versus a stab. Footwork almost does not work versus stab.
https://hostingkartinok.com/show-image.php?id=e3a1f95f69f6e6a6abffc8ed332ebafd

long rang weapons make you suffer the most, during fight you can clearly see that a spear misses you, but then it moves in your direction and you recive dmg.

noticed the same, and its a must to fix that
its unbelievable that misses still can be directed to a hit
even if the tip of the (a.e.) spear etc.pp is behind you, and the middle of the weapon is actually beside u
it still is able to hit you just with another re-aiming to you

942 292

worst of all is trying to parry stab wile going up stairs that's the only time i have issues with stabs other than that i love chambering

Sellsword 681 2146
  • 7 Aug
 Goof

You can absolutely dodge thrusts. I do it all the time.

Just time a sidestep with the weapons release phase. Obviously if you sidestep too early they will have enough time to adjust their attack.

Using an attack of your own can also help with sidesteps.

104 47
  • 7 Aug
 CarnifeX

@Goof said:
You can absolutely dodge thrusts. I do it all the time.

Just time a sidestep with the weapons release phase. Obviously if you sidestep too early they will have enough time to adjust their attack.

Using an attack of your own can also help with sidesteps.

works only with beginners, no average player miss his re-adjusted stab

1340 1398

Every player makes mistakes. Some just make them more often.

942 292

i ended a 73-0 kill streak after the guy Feigned his stam away and i got him with a Mordhau Longsword