Mordhau

Is Crossroads (frontline) supposed to be unbalanced?

46 72
  • 14 Aug
 Zeratul

@SWSeriousMike said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-3nZe12vw

Very clever, SadMike. Keep going like this, one day you will all get what you deserve, you leftist scum. We have forgotten nothing, you piece of shit. So why dont you do us all a favor, and hang yourself already, so we dont have to do it for you.

1340 1401

I guess this is one of those ironic Nazis that doesn't really want to incite violence. The death threats are obviously just a joke.

This is proof that the articles you guys are complaining about are really more grounded in reality than you'd like to admit.

Here is a PM from him:

@Zeratul said:
Hi, SadMike, scheinbar bist du ein Deutscher. Warum bist du eigentlich so ne linke Ratte? Wegen linken Ratten wie dir, geht unser ganzes Land zugrunde, du dreckiges Schwein. Pass bloß auf, was du machst, du linke Ratte.

Liebe Grüße, Zeratul

I'm sure he will get a slap on the wrist ban for half a week soon.

46 72
  • 14 Aug
 Zeratul

@SWSeriousMike said:
I guess this is one of those ironic Nazis that doesn't really want to incite violence. The death threats are obviously just a joke.

This is proof that the articles you guys are complaining about are really more grounded in reality than you'd like to admit.

Here is a PM from him:

@Zeratul said:
Hi, SadMike, scheinbar bist du ein Deutscher. Warum bist du eigentlich so ne linke Ratte? Wegen linken Ratten wie dir, geht unser ganzes Land zugrunde, du dreckiges Schwein. Pass bloß auf, was du machst, du linke Ratte.

Liebe Grüße, Zeratul

I'm sure he will get a slap on the wrist ban for half a week soon.

That was a PRIVATE message, you disgusting twat. And it is the truth. This immigration agenda, pushed by the left is destroying europe. So whats your fucking problem? Either you are against the mass immigration thus against the criminal system, or you are against people like us, fighting against the mass immigration. There isnt much middle ground here.

1340 1401

I surely broke your immense TRUST. If you are so concerned about the truth then transparency is in your best interest, is it not?

Political talk is against the rules btw. But on the other hand, so is your hate speech.

41 16
  • 14 Aug
 norshin

@RifleInfantry said:
ez balance measures:

• make blue ballista able to target ruins (as it could on release), this was their ace in the hole and return for getting a shittier entrance into the map
  • add a narrow staircase up the wall for blue from spawn where the ladders presently are
  • raise mortar onto a platform accessed by ladder, extend firing arc
  • add another mortar with an identical setup on the other side of the map covering the approach to red spawn (for the Lord hates horses and so should you)

Ballista can't target ruins? I know there are trees that block your sight and some inconvenient "twigs" in the leaves. But is there no way to hit the middle platform? Like an invisible wall?

618 479
  • 14 Aug
 esturias

@Zeratul said:
That was a PRIVATE message,

And private messages are totally meant to be used to spread hate and delusion. And why are you mad about sharing it? We already know what kind of human you are...

And it is the truth.

Your truth. Not the truth. Big difference.

Either you are [...] or you are against people like us

I hope you also fight for improving the education system. People like you desperately need it.

Anyway. Nice holidays.

84 133
  • 14 Aug
 IllOmens

@SWSeriousMike said:
I surely broke your immense TRUST. If you are so concerned about the truth then transparency is in your best interest, is it not?

Political talk is against the rules btw. But on the other hand, so is your hate speech.

Einfach dem Verfassungsschutz melden.

Knight 7590 13883
  • 14 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

@Zeratul said:

@SWSeriousMike said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-3nZe12vw

Very clever, SadMike. Keep going like this, one day you will all get what you deserve, you leftist scum. We have forgotten nothing, you piece of shit. So why dont you do us all a favor, and hang yourself already, so we dont have to do it for you.

Holy shit calm down you spastic, mr mike didn't even bring up anything political in this thread what the hell is wrong with you lmao

532 283
  • 14 Aug
 Gambit

@Zeratul said:

@Antoniokontos said:
zera whats wrong, do you need to talk?

I fucking hate disgusting leftist twats like him. And i didnt sleep well last night. so Im fucking pissed off. I think i might murder somebody today.

Seems like you hate yourself more than anything. Maybe get outside and see the world, rather than portraying yourself as an absolute psychopath on the internet.

I have a signature

83 51
  • 15 Aug
 Budd

@Antoniokontos said:
billhook and spikes

you know people can stop on the horse right? You're completely lying to your self about the state of the game, horses are by far one of the biggest reasons the player base went from 60,000 to 5,000 players in 4 months. The games dying because its not fun, players don't feel like they died because its they're own fault and their abilities they believe because horses are completely broken. Crossroads may be easier to counter with things such as throwables and bow but even then you have no way to block the swing or stab what so ever. Its worse on other maps where everyone is clumped together ( ex: Grad, in between Stables and farm.) and there's no way in hell i'm going to block the riders attack and get out alive.

This game is fucking amazing and has so much potential but its dying, its in a horrible condition and there needs to be fixes and balances, the only people who don't believe so are the die hard fans from the alpha and release that abuse the broken aspects of the game and think its fine because they're not dying from unfair mechanics and want nothing more than edgy cosmetics.

If Mordhau keeps catering to high level play the games not going to survive to see an anniversary with more than 1k players.

The games fucking dying and it needs help.

36 62

@Budd said:

@Antoniokontos said:
billhook and spikes

you know people can stop on the horse right? You're completely lying to your self about the state of the game, horses are by far one of the biggest reasons the player base went from 60,000 to 5,000 players in 4 months. The games dying because its not fun, players don't feel like they died because its they're own fault and their abilities they believe because horses are completely broken. Crossroads may be easier to counter with things such as throwables and bow but even then you have no way to block the swing or stab what so ever. Its worse on other maps where everyone is clumped together ( ex: Grad, in between Stables and farm.) and there's no way in hell i'm going to block the riders attack and get out alive.

This game is fucking amazing and has so much potential but its dying, its in a horrible condition and there needs to be fixes and balances, the only people who don't believe so are the die hard fans from the alpha and release that abuse the broken aspects of the game and think its fine because they're not dying from unfair mechanics and want nothing more than edgy cosmetics.

If Mordhau keeps catering to high level play the games not going to survive to see an anniversary with more than 1k players.

Honestly, there's little wrong with the game's high level play. What ought to be done is addressing the atrocious beginner introduction to the game. The lack of matchmaking by level means that a lot of people jump in, get shit stomped for 2 days by elite players in frontlines, and uninstall. This is compounded by some poor balance choices- horses and Crossroads blue team are a meme by now, but I guarantee they've lead to quite a few people putting down the game.

Frontlines itself is a crappy gamemode. It teaches you the best way to win is by using your teammates as ablative armor while spamming a long-reach weapon, or failing that use a shield to block 200 blows coming at you from a crowd of enemies. In gamemodes more focused on single combat and your individual skill- duels, deathmatch, skirmish, etc.- you end up unprepared. Mordhau is not easy to learn, hard to master a la TF2; it's got a sky-high skill ceiling and you get no booster seat. That itself is fine, but having the main gamemode train you how not to play the game isn't.

83 51
  • 15 Aug
 Budd

@RifleInfantry said:

@Budd said:

@Antoniokontos said:
billhook and spikes

Honestly, there's little wrong with the game's high level play. What ought to be done is addressing the atrocious beginner introduction to the game. The lack of matchmaking by level means that a lot of people jump in, get shit stomped for 2 days by elite players in frontlines, and uninstall. This is compounded by some poor balance choices- horses and Crossroads blue team are a meme by now, but I guarantee they've lead to quite a few people putting down the game.

Frontlines itself is a crappy gamemode. It teaches you the best way to win is by using your teammates as ablative armor while spamming a long-reach weapon, or failing that use a shield to block 200 blows coming at you from a crowd of enemies. In gamemodes more focused on single combat and your individual skill- duels, deathmatch, skirmish, etc.- you end up unprepared. Mordhau is not easy to learn, hard to master a la TF2; it's got a sky-high skill ceiling and you get no booster seat. That itself is fine, but having the main gamemode train you how not to play the game isn't.

Well said, but the game over all isn't balanced almost at all. Duels are so much better than frontline but even then there are those scummy crutch load out users, Zweih and dodge to name one.

I just want to be able to use other weapons that isnt the maul to be able to fight someone thats all I want, I dont care about new cosmetics I just want there to be more variety in actually usable weapons and fix the meta.

Im just so worried for this game :(

1 0
  • 28 Aug
 Jamieson

I've seen blue winning Crossroads more often these days.

You need someone on the blue ballista shooing down cavalry from the right and blue cavalry taking out red horses and red infantry running to objective.

I was playing red today on a horse and had a really good tactic used against me. There was a blue engineer who would wait till the last minute to place down wooden shields as our horses charged in. This would stop you at the last second and then you'd be swarmed by blue infantry who would cut you down but not kill your horse so it would take longer to re spawn.

There were a few billhook users too which combined with the spikes and surprise shields destroyed our horses.

Once you have middle objective as blue you can block off the easiest roots by building shields/spikes or by using the pavise shield. Awesome tip here, the pavise can be restocked and more than one placed down, and this there is a resupply box right on the middle point it doesn't take long to get a good number of them down.

110 133

@Jamieson said:
I've seen blue winning Crossroads more often these days.
I was playing red today on a horse and had a really good tactic used against me. There was a blue engineer who would wait till the last minute to place down wooden shields as our horses charged in. This would stop you at the last second and then you'd be swarmed by blue infantry who would cut you down but not kill your horse so it would take longer to re spawn.

Yeah welcome to Mordhau, that's literally the most basic horse counter ever and it's been used for months now.

It's not at all gonna help you win though. Countering horses in the fields has no benefit whatsoever towards capturing the objective. The only reason to bother with them is because otherwise they'll spawn camp the fuck out of blue team whereas red team can ignore them entirely.

So blue team has to somehow deal with spawncamping enemy horses AND still have enough players left to somehow make it up the ladders or narrow stairs without getting kicked off. It's laughably easy to play red on crossroads, blue not so much.

942 293

i one shot a horse rider with a frying pan, today is a glorious day

3 1

I can tell you what is balanced, red ballista can shoot boom tower Behold.png

24 12
 jebajlo

This is only a game, really funny game, not a total war realistic simulator. Keep calm and relax.

91 29

I don't like the new version of Crossroads. It's better than the previous one, but...

1. Even more horses? WHY? The original amount of horses was enough. No need for half your team to be mounted.
  2. Due to the "parallel point" layout it's a non-stop tug-o-war and neither team can hold both points regardless of skill. Matches are always very close no matter how good or bad the teams are. I don't like roflstomps but I would've preferred it if they balanced the map around a single point in the center, with equal chances for both teams. That way a skilled team can win decisively.
  3. This is by far the most resource-intensive map so far, it's large and open so your computer is rendering everything all the time. I notice significantly worse framerates and stutters on the new Crossroads than on other maps.