Mordhau

Is Crossroads (frontline) supposed to be unbalanced?

717 588

@esturias said:

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
maybe if you cut the tickets in half and have 500 for each "phase", a side switch mid-game would work. it'd definitely make frontline more interesting

Hell no. That doesn't help and wouldn't make things any more interesting. It woud just cut the boredom in half and make things even more chaotic.

Hint: Trying to fix a problem without actually touching the problem is always (and obviously) a bad idea.

cutting the boredom in half seems like a good thing. no idea why it would make it more chaotic though. if one team is getting farmed they will get farmed for a lot shorter and then immediately have an opportunity to give the other team a taste of their own medicine.

no ones saying it's a fix, it's just supplemental. i think it'd be good game design

618 479
  • 4 Aug
 esturias

no ones saying it's a fix, it's just supplemental. i think it'd be good game design

And how exactly would that work? You play and then - 'shazam!' - you suddenly change sides?
And why not using that time and effort required for that to fix the actual issues instead?

717 588

@esturias said:

And how exactly would that work? You play and then - 'shazam!' - you suddenly change sides?
And why not using that time and effort required for that to fix the actual issues instead?

instead of 1000 tickets, you play for 500 tickets. after the 500 tickets are up (or the winning objective is complete), the teams are swapped and whatever tickets are left over from the previous round are added onto the 500 tickets on the 2nd round, basically making the 2nd round the one that really matters (if you get the shitty side, you were on the OP side previous round and should have a ton of tickets to compensate)

the map issues themselves obviously still need to be resolved, but it's fairly difficult to make it completely balanced for both sides. this system should make it more balanced & interesting (and make the flaws of the map objectives even more obvious so they can weight them correctly)

243 139

that sounds a lot like treating the symptom rather than the illness.

how about just fundamentally remake crossroads or delete it tbh. i'm not trying to be cruel, but its honestly a really badly designed map, and unless big changes are made to how it works, its gonna remain that way and be a clot in the frontline list to the end of time.

by the 3rd time you play this map in a 1-2 hour game session its already starting to get REALLY old.
whereas camp and grad are maps i can play many times in a row and not get irritated by how they are designed.

717 588

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

how about just fundamentally remake crossroads or delete it tbh. i'm not trying to be cruel, but its honestly a really badly designed map, and unless big changes are made to how it works, its gonna remain that way and be a clot in the frontline list to the end of time.

by the 3rd time you play this map in a 1-2 hour game session its already starting to get REALLY old.
whereas camp and grad are maps i can play many times in a row and not get irritated by how they are designed.

grad is blue sided, camp is red sided. like 60% of the ppl in mordhau specifically choose a team to stack based on the map

942 293

tbh i dont care Winning and Loosing doesn't change anything you get paid the same so just have fun and quit whining about loosing hell it doesn't even track wins/ losses wich is why i love the game

1340 1401

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

Crossroads is too bad, but for the other maps it would help to balance them out and would give the winning team an incentive to push harder and the losing team a reason to fight on. But since the thread is about Crossroads and not about Frontline in general, I agree: Crossroads should die in a fire.

243 139

you guys say grad and camp are biased towards one side or another, and to that i say; its absolutely nowhere near as bad as the imbalance on crossroads.

red gets:
ramps + spawn much closer to fort walls.
2 towers.
a catapult.
access to entry of middle tower stairs literally right next to their ramps.
several buildables on blues side of the map, the main gate in particular.
red can get straight to the top of the middle tower by running up a simple ramp (again) and cross a plank.

blue gets:
a gate that doesn't matter at all.
ladders.
a mortar that is pointing the wrong direction, and is super exposed to red attacks.
a nice 50 meter open field between their spawn and the closest fort gate. perfect for cavalry.
a 30 foot bridge to cross that is regularly set on fire by the red team cus they know its the only access point for blue except for ladders or climbing.

it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to solve this problem dudes.

942 293

Taiga is Reds Map
Mountain pass (idk what the snow map is) is Blues map

Crossroads is whomever has Cavalry control ive won more times on blue than red

1340 1401

@Antoniokontos said:

Do you never play red on that map or what is your trick?

942 293

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Antoniokontos said:

Do you never play red on that map or what is your trick?

i just seem to win more on blue when doing Cavalry (which is what i play on crossroads) red has a smaller space to run but are more susceptible to cavalry charges than blue is (blues spawn is a mess don't get me wrong) the more people who are on horses on a side really sets up who wins, since the ones with less riders typically focuses on taking Horses out and not the Objective. That is why i say all the time Crossroads is the Cavalry map, its won by those who control the field on Horseback most of the time

41 16
  • 5 Aug
 norshin

What baffles me the most is how the mortar aim is fixed into nowhere. Its left edge stops just before blue's spawn (good thinking there) and if you turn it to the right you can fire into a field of nothing. Makes me wonder what sort of epic battle they had imagined would be raging there, all around the fort.

23 10

Crossroad just doesn't work as a horse map, I suggested to divide it in 2 different maps, remove the castle from the map, put some props and destroyed walls around and leave it as a cool deathmatch map with horse+infantry fight

As in crossroad's castle you can fall to death from bridges, walls and towers, I think it would be cool to put it on a windy mountain peak where players can fall into oblivion, a different and cool setting

243 139

@norshin said:
What baffles me the most is how the mortar aim is fixed into nowhere. Its left edge stops just before blue's spawn (good thinking there) and if you turn it to the right you can fire into a field of nothing. Makes me wonder what sort of epic battle they had imagined would be raging there, all around the fort.

the Mortar is only remotely useful if red has a shit ton of horse riders that are dumb enough to be riding inside its range of fire (they can still attack blue spawn from the right and cycle back and forth to avoid the mortar altogether)... problem is; when red has tons of horse riders, they usually also control the fort, rendering the mortar completely obsolete for blue team, as they literally cannot get to it because they are being cut down by either horsemen or people throwing shit from the walls, or people just straight up blocking their ladder ascend with their own bodies or setting them on fire (again, firebombs seem to favor red at every turn on this map).

942 293

@LoBurattinovuolevino said:
Crossroad just doesn't work as a horse map, I suggested to divide it in 2 different maps, remove the castle from the map, put some props and destroyed walls around and leave it as a cool deathmatch map with horse+infantry fight

As in crossroad's castle you can fall to death from bridges, walls and towers, I think it would be cool to put it on a windy mountain peak where players can fall into oblivion, a different and cool setting

Horse riders are there to stop people getting into the castle so those in there can deal with little resistance when holding the point

113 79

@2B said:
Also to the OP, it's easy to avoid a Horse... if you aren't an idiot and don't move or Parry/Block.

kek

23 10

@Antoniokontos said:

Horse riders are there to stop people getting into the castle so those in there can deal with little resistance when holding the point

which is basically spawncamping

942 293

@Antoniokontos said:

its a valid strategy ill do anything so long as it means victory

23 10

@Antoniokontos said:

@Antoniokontos said:

which ruins the game for about half of the players

942 293

@Antoniokontos said:

@Antoniokontos said:

which ruins the game for about half of the players

then so be it they will learn to counter it or they will suffer its their choice