Mordhau

Starting to be reminded of Chivalry

18 29
  • 3 Aug '19
 vector

@BOBOLOJOE said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@BOBOLOJOE said:
people with high mouse sensitivity spinning around on the spot at a million miles per hour. its a lol, but not realistic.

If you mean while swinging, you're wrong. Your sensitivity is capped while attacking.

If you mean while not swinging, why is this an issue? You want to limit sensitivity in general? I'm going to assume you're not so stupid as to actually be thinking this.

I mean while not swinging. Michael Jackson and a figure skater can spin around on the spot at really high speeds but in Mordhau it looks silly.
What I am meaning is that like for example tapping very fast the crouch button, and spinning your character around on the spot really fast, say, making long swipes with your mouse across your mouse pad to make your character do 10, 360 degree spins in .5 of a second is silly.

I don't want to limit sensitivity, i want to limit how fast your character can do these actions, to better represent how a person could do it in real life.

it's not game braking and no one is doing this to exploit the mechanics. it's just an immersion thing.

even very fast looking up and down. it just needs to be slowed down so that its at a real person speed not computer character speed.
you feelin me bro?

you are right about turning round on a speed of light

247 149
  • 3 Aug '19
 ZugZugNeverEnds

@vector said:

@BOBOLOJOE said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@BOBOLOJOE said:
people with high mouse sensitivity spinning around on the spot at a million miles per hour. its a lol, but not realistic.

If you mean while swinging, you're wrong. Your sensitivity is capped while attacking.

If you mean while not swinging, why is this an issue? You want to limit sensitivity in general? I'm going to assume you're not so stupid as to actually be thinking this.

I mean while not swinging. Michael Jackson and a figure skater can spin around on the spot at really high speeds but in Mordhau it looks silly.
What I am meaning is that like for example tapping very fast the crouch button, and spinning your character around on the spot really fast, say, making long swipes with your mouse across your mouse pad to make your character do 10, 360 degree spins in .5 of a second is silly.

I don't want to limit sensitivity, i want to limit how fast your character can do these actions, to better represent how a person could do it in real life.

it's not game braking and no one is doing this to exploit the mechanics. it's just an immersion thing.

even very fast looking up and down. it just needs to be slowed down so that its at a real person speed not computer character speed.
you feelin me bro?

but what you guys are talking about is impossible. you literally cannot swing 360 even once (let alone 10 times lmao) due to the fact that once the swing is "activated" it breaks down your mouse sensivity to the point where you can't even do a 180 (or maybe you can if you are lucky, but definitely not a 360).

unless you ran into a hacker, this is an impossibility, fundamentally.

Duke 553 939
  • 3 Aug '19
 Goatie

Feints are completely fine, and this is coming from someone who couldn't read them at all in chivalry. I can hard read pretty much any feint so I'll only fall for them if they time it well with a good mix up and body movement. Spamming them with body movement is just as ineffective at high level as standing still and feinting is at intermediate level. If you calm down and focus on your reading you can go far, unless it's a bastard sword of course.

86 42
  • 3 Aug '19
 Badass_Ben

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

@vector said:

@BOBOLOJOE said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@BOBOLOJOE said:

you feelin me bro?

but what you guys are talking about is impossible. you literally cannot swing 360 even once (let alone 10 times lmao) due to the fact that once the swing is "activated" it breaks down your mouse sensivity to the point where you can't even do a 180 (or maybe you can if you are lucky, but definitely not a 360).

unless you ran into a hacker, this is an impossibility, fundamentally.

I mean ive definitely run into players who run away from you, start a swing, and then turn back TOWARDS you last second so it hits.

Knight 7768 14315
  • 3 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

i'm going to sleep and when I wake up you better not be as bad as you currently are or i'm gonna be pissed

6 6
  • 3 Aug '19
 Pesqez

You can all say what you want. OP is 100% correct and the 360 drag will be nerfed eventually - the sooner the better.
Game right now is akward and it’s just silly that retarded movements are the way to win. Zweihandler and maul, sick drags ftw, then you die and repeat. Other things needing nerf are stabs and parries, horses and firebomb spamming.

Let me know when this is in place and I’ll reinstall

34 37

By the thread title, I was expecting a rant on the shitty pace of the devs.

Knight 7768 14315
  • 3 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Pesqez said:
You can all say what you want. OP is 100% correct and the 360 drag will be nerfed eventually - the sooner the better.
Game right now is akward and it’s just silly that retarded movements are the way to win. Zweihandler and maul, sick drags ftw, then you die and repeat. Other things needing nerf are stabs and parries, horses and firebomb spamming.

Let me know when this is in place and I’ll reinstall

If you attempt a "360 drag" you are going to trigger a glancing blow and do almost fucking nothing.

why are you people so ignorant

21 9
  • 3 Aug '19
 qbmax

^

I still believe that several weapons DO need changing to their turncaps and animations but again, the rest of the combat is great. The fact of the matter is that people with always find a way to play the game optimally at higher levels, and in this case, optimally is using weapon animations and good bodyfeinting to win fights. Complaining that people are using the systems and mechanics given to them is dumb.

86 42
  • 3 Aug '19
 Badass_Ben

@qbmax said:
^

I still believe that several weapons DO need changing to their turncaps and animations but again, the rest of the combat is great. The fact of the matter is that people with always find a way to play the game optimally at higher levels, and in this case, optimally is using weapon animations and good bodyfeinting to win fights. Complaining that people are using the systems and mechanics given to them is dumb.

By that logic, someone using an a glitch within a game is perfectly legit as it is part of the "system and mechanics given to them"
We need to figure out WHAT kinda sword fighting game this game INTENDS to be and reinforce such gameplay, lest it end up like Chivalry.

Knight 7768 14315
  • 3 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Badass_Ben said:

@qbmax said:
^

By that logic, someone using an a glitch within a game is perfectly legit as it is part of the "system and mechanics given to them"

unless you're equating basic mechanics to actual glitches, no it is not lmao

21 9
  • 4 Aug '19
 qbmax

@Badass_Ben said:

@qbmax said:
^

We need to figure out WHAT kinda sword fighting game this game INTENDS to be and reinforce such gameplay, lest it end up like Chivalry.

Unlike chiv, Triternion hasn't tried to sweep attack manipulation under the rug. They specifically designed the game around being able to manipulate your attacks with mouse movement and footwork. Again, I'm not saying the game's weapon balance is perfect. It's far from it. More then a few weapons need to be rebalanced before we even begin to start talking about how "mordhau is turning into chivalry"

Knight 620 2048
  • 4 Aug '19
 LuxCandidus

@Badass_Ben said:

No, we don't. Because the people who have been here since the beginning know exactly what the developers are making, both through regularly speaking with the developers and through shaping the game into what it is today by giving feedback. And unlike Chivalry, the developers made exactly what they wanted to make, and know about everything that goes on in their game. They often find potential exploits before any of the players have, yet people are worried if the developers know you can bodyfeint or some other extremely basic thing.

The only problem here is the lack of in-game glossary that explains every mechanic, including proto-mechanics like matrixing or bodyfeinting, Without it new players think half the gameplay is a result of some completely overlooked and unintended behaviour.

147 55
  • 4 Aug '19
 CazzyVR

@LuxCandidus said:

@Badass_Ben said:

No, we don't. Because the people who have been here since the beginning know exactly what the developers are making, both through regularly speaking with the developers and through shaping the game into what it is today by giving feedback. And unlike Chivalry, the developers made exactly what they wanted to make, and know about everything that goes on in their game. They often find potential exploits before any of the players have, yet people are worried if the developers know you can bodyfeint or some other extremely basic thing.

The only problem here is the lack of in-game glossary that explains every mechanic, including proto-mechanics like matrixing or bodyfeinting, Without it new players think half the gameplay is a result of some completely overlooked and unintended behaviour.

Might be since I never played Chiv but can someone please explain why everyone doesn't want this Game to be like it? I assume it's because Chiv turned Bad right? if so, what happened to cause it?

Knight 7768 14315
  • 4 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

Chiv had a couple of fucky mechanics, really bad balance and shitty developers that had no idea what the hell they were doing because all of the good things about the game were accidental.

147 55
  • 4 Aug '19
 CazzyVR

@ToLazy4Name said:
Chiv had a couple of fucky mechanics, really bad balance and shitty developers that had no idea what the hell they were doing because all of the good things about the game were accidental.

Jesus, sounds like Failshite 76. How bad did it get? What can we expect to come over to Mordhau?

Knight 7768 14315
  • 4 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

you can expect nothing to come over to Mordhau because the Mordhau devs aren't idiots though they are pretty stupid and also crush

147 55
  • 4 Aug '19
 CazzyVR

@ToLazy4Name said:
you can expect nothing to come over to Mordhau because the Mordhau devs aren't idiots though they are pretty stupid and also crush

Like with Crossroads... No Protection for Blue Team... Bad Balance... I like the Snow Map however... but I do feel every map has something very bad about it. I personally haven't explored them that in depth yet. I only know Crossroads so well is cause everyone chose it then in 5 Seconds 20 Horses...

404 607
 smug

There are people who talk about how much they don't want the game to be like Chiv, but they likely spent all their time during the alpha lobbying it to be more like Chiv. Apart from better animations that are still fucked in their own ways(riposte footdrags/jpgs/wristytwisties), the 240 system(obsolete cause most ppl opt to use binds lul), the customization system(largely a pointless replacement for classes), and chambers(a mechanic that is making the game cancer according to top players) the game isn't that much different from Chiv. Infact some of the nuanced differences from Chiv actually make Mordhau somewhat of an inferior game at the top level, but that's a matter of debate.

Don't pay attention to it as a large part of the vitriol is how shitty torn banner was as a game developer.

Chiv had a couple of fucky mechanics,

Most of the mechanics casuals thought were fucky in Chiv are sanctioned gameplay in Mordhau. You seriously think the only attacks people hated in Chiv were backswing overheads? I'm pretty sure I remember kids whining about look down overhead accels the first few months of Chiv, and ironically enough accels are even stronger in Mordhau.

yet people are worried if the developers know you can bodyfeint or some other extremely basic thing.

What people consider exploits is subjective, it doesn't help that the game doesn't show bodyfeinting/riposte footdragging/you red parrying accels in the trailers, and its obvious why they wouldn't showcase that despite the game supposedly being "competitive focused". The intent doesn't matter when the optics are objectively bad. Usually I don't expect trailers to showcase high level play, but Trit is a different case.

957 310
  • 4 Aug '19
 Antoniokontos

its easy to stop spinners just swing at them i see a few with a maul and all i do is stab into them and parry