Mordhau

Held Block

942 292

add Held block to all weapons, so that anyone can just hold their sword in a block stance just like in real life

Empress 349 847
Knight 554 1906
  • 31 Jul
 LuxCandidus

"Add held block to all weapons, so that half the game's mechanics can become irrelevant".

604 475
  • 31 Jul
 esturias

What you should do:

1. Idea popping up in your head
  2. Think about it.
  3. Think about it again.
  4. Go to bed.
  5. Think about it once again the next day.
  6. Post it on the forums, making sure to elaborate it enough to cover all effects and advantages and disadvantages of the idea.

What you did:

1. Idea popping up in your head.
  2. Post a dumb oneliner on the forums.
  3. Leaving the thinking to other people and make them losing faith in mankind.
239 287
  • 31 Jul
 idiotgod

@LuxCandidus said:
"Add held block to all weapons, so that half the game's mechanics can become irrelevant".

So you admit the presence of shields on the battlefield makes mechanics irreverent.

So what you think the % of players using shield + some other form of cancer is? 50%? maybe 75% sometimes? 25% if you're lucky...

This change wouldn't make the game any less playable for most players... Gameplay is already a total joke 25%-75% of the time.

The 25%-75% is due to shields negating all mechanics alone, but add in all of the other bs in this game and you are only going to be "enjoying" yourself like 10% of the time maybe? So in an hour an a half of playing you'll be having fun for like 9 minutes. In as much time you'd have fun for at least an hour playing Chivalry.

Knight 554 1906
  • 31 Jul
 LuxCandidus

What is even your point?

942 292

dident say it was a good thing just saying in real life you can hold a block with a sword and since people complain about the "Op" held block on shields figured why not add Held block for everything Honestly this game is good enough without it

243 139

@LuxCandidus said:
What is even your point?

well you basically just said shields are downright unfair, and implying their existence makes the game shit.
you're saying "delete shields" effectively.

604 475
  • 31 Jul
 esturias

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
well you basically just said shields are downright unfair, and implying their existence makes the game shit.

Did he/she ever claim the opposite, that shields are all fine and good for the game?

@Antoniokontos said:
dident say it was a good thing just saying in real life you can hold a block with a sword and since people complain about the "Op" held block on shields figured why not add Held block for everything Honestly this game is good enough without it

And now try that again so that people can actually understand your point. Right now it just reads like you just wanted to post some random crap again.

243 139

@esturias said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

Did he/she ever claim the opposite, that shields are all fine and good for the game?

what a brainlet question tbh.

1339 1398

Still too hard for you it seems. The answer is "No." Tune in again next week when the adventures of Captain Obvious continue.

239 287
  • 31 Jul
 idiotgod

@LuxCandidus said:
What is even your point?

That your post reveals that you agree with me that shields ruin the game. dur

Knight 554 1906
  • 31 Jul
 LuxCandidus

Yes, the entire competitive scene agrees that shields in their current state are detrimental to the game experience. This is not exactly a secret. But I do not see what your ravings devoid of constructive feedback have to do with the topic of this thread.

239 287
  • 31 Jul
 idiotgod

@LuxCandidus said:
Yes, the entire competitive scene agrees that shields in their current state are detrimental to the game experience. This is not exactly a secret. But I do not see what your ravings devoid of constructive feedback have to do with the topic of this thread.

why can't you as a respected mod tell me why the devs refuse to do anything about it as the population literally dwindles to nothing?

Knight 211 506
  • 31 Jul
 Duckalot

They don't refuse to do anything about it. Its being discussed right now how to best fix shields. To just "remove held block hurr durr" isnt a good fix. It removes the whole purpose of the shield. Instead we are brainstorming and discussing work-around ideas.

Held parry for all weapons is a terrible idea. Held block for shields in its current state is bad aswell.

Knight 2229 4004
  • 31 Jul
 Runagate

thanks idiotgod for telling us the truth... these devs will never fix game... gonna wait for chiv 2.. pigot make beter gam...

Knight 554 1906
  • 31 Jul
 LuxCandidus

@idiotgod said:
why can't you as a respected mod tell me why the devs refuse to do anything about it as the population literally dwindles to nothing?

The developers stated their intent to improve shields quite a while ago, and in fact a few hours ago they instigated a discussion with their most astute testers by asking how they would like shields to be changed. I cannot blame you for not knowing about this discussion as you are not part of the channel, but why would you treat whatever baseless impression pops into your head as absolute truth? You just decided they must not be willing to do anything and asked me why as if they had personally confirmed it to be the case.

If you want to know why they have not just done it NOW, it is because the mechanics of shields are very difficult to balance in such a way that they are fair while also being fun to use. They have already reworked shields several times, which you must know as you have been around since before the game's release. You could help them with constructive feedback, but complaining pointlessly about it is easier, so I understand.

239 287
  • 31 Jul
 idiotgod

lol this game is a fully released game. the BASIC mechanics aren't done and they aren't telling us when they will be done. you don't seem to realize they have killed their own game due to a few poor decisions. I'll bet there will never be a pop above 10 thousand again.

I'm not saying they will never fix it. I'm saying it is pointless to even fix it at this point and their silence is basically a slap in the face to their backers.

Knight 554 1906
  • 31 Jul
 LuxCandidus

@LuxCandidus said:
You could help them with constructive feedback, but complaining pointlessly about it is easier, so I understand.

239 287
  • 31 Jul
 idiotgod

@LuxCandidus said:

@LuxCandidus said:
You could help them with constructive feedback, but complaining pointlessly about it is easier, so I understand.

Go look through my comment history to see the honest feedback that me and hundreds of other backers were telling them for months before release that were ignored and met with bans.

If they released in early access they could have re-released it when they actually fixed the game, but they decided to do a full release literally because they knew they'd make more money. They chose to deceive buyers and ignore backers. They killed their own game for mo money right moew!

I understand you have to fake ignorance if you want to remain a mod. But I know you saw this shit go down.

Shields the way they are and a dying game are what you get when you listen to someone like giru for balance