Mordhau

DEVS Buff weapon clashing. You went through the trouble to add it.

529 278

Weapon clashing is rare, and the fact that you can parry out of it renders it useless.
It is just a gimmick that happens sometimes just for the sake of saying they have it.

Buff the hit area for sword clashes, and WHEN a weapon clash can happen in an attack/windup.

Bigger weapons can TURN players with smaller faster weapons so smaller weapons don't always win, this is part of the skill of it.

For those of you who don't know, this is not parrying, and this is not chambering. IF you don't know, that just proves my point.
On top of the fact that it is semi rare it doesn't really do anything to the enemy who can just parry out of it, you should be LOCKED in a weapon clash until someone wins.

Devs, you went through the trouble of adding this beautiful game mechanic, make it MEAN something, and not just a useless gimmick.

1339 1394

Almost all weapons have the same combo speed. That's the reason you can see clash chains. Smaller weapons don't always win and I don't understand why you would want to give heavy weapons yet another advantage.

Weapon clashes in windup would make attack spam even more viable than it is now. Parrying costs stamina - clashes only take time.

942 292

tbh ive yet to see a clash that ended up leaving one alive every clash battle ive had ended up with one of us being killed once clash failed

Knight 7577 13875
  • 29 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

you've complained about clashing multiple times now when there's nothing actually wrong with clashing lmao it's just a means of stopping near hit trades from looking weird

529 278

It's a game mechanic they bothered to put into the game, that has no real influence on the outcome of a fight, it rarely happens, and it can simply be cancelled with a parry. Something needs to change here.

I actually feel like I am playing a real sword fighting game when weapon clashing, and not a clunky chivalry wannabe parry MOBA.
But something that actually has some weight to it.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 29 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

If it has no real influence then quit worrying about it, I don't know why you're so fixated on it as some miracle mechanic that will make you actually like the game but it isn't, it never will be, and you'd be better off just leaving lmao

239 287
  • 29 Jul
 idiotgod

@ToLazy4Name said:
some miracle mechanic that will make you actually like the game but it isn't, it never will be, and you'd be better off just leaving lmao

I agree with this. And so do 99% of the players who bought the game apparently lmao

Knight 40 51
  • 29 Jul
 Josh

Hopefully the SDK will give us enough to be able to experiment with the combat mechanics. Something like being able to slow down your own release with a button press could be interesting, allowing people to intentionally clash more easily. But it could just as easily be pointless and uncomfortable to use.

I doubt they'll make many changes to the core mechanics of the base game at this point, but maybe some universally liked mods would be ported? (or people could just start playing the mod instead)

100 46
  • 30 Jul
 CarnifeX

@Josh said:
Hopefully the SDK will give us enough to be able to experiment with the combat mechanics. Something like being able to slow down your own release with a button press could be interesting, allowing people to intentionally clash more easily. But it could just as easily be pointless and uncomfortable to use.

I doubt they'll make many changes to the core mechanics of the base game at this point, but maybe some universally liked mods would be ported? (or people could just start playing the mod instead)

The SDK will problably take another year or two, if i see the time they need for the next update since the last...

942 292

id mod the fuck out of the game so when you swing with a Zweihander you can fly

Mercenary 176 611
  • 30 Jul
 Stauxie

Casually clashes are fun as is, so they don't really need change.

Competitively, when it happens, people immediately stop the clash because it is basically gambling who gets the hit. People are advocating a nerf to clash in the form of "no clash on riposte." This avoids situations in teamfights where you are in riposte and have your riposte stopped not by defense, but a spammed attack by another user. It also has the unintended side effect of getting hit, having the clash occur, and getting hit again because your opponent clashed. Because of these problems, clashes will probably not proc on ripostes anymore.

Clashing in windup wouldn't work because that's when chambers occur.

I don't see why parrying out of clash is a bad thing. It grants freedom of the user to maintain clash fights or get out of it because it is too risky. Being locked in a clash fight would just be frustrating.

Increasing area for clashes to occur would also just be annoying, because of reasons I said earlier.

Clashes have barely been touched and for good reason.

529 278

That's your problem, you think clash is a ''gamble'' when it is a skill mechanic, simply being able to parry out of it TAKES AWAY the skill.

You guys have everything backwards.

There is almost no point to even have it in the game at this point.

If it is not a skill mechanic that is where it has room for improvement, how swords interact, shove other players, rotate them if you have a slower weapon, or stepping into it if you have a faster weapon, etc etc, You have to react fast in the clash.

It actually feels like sword play, and not a magic shield you throw up (parry) And it actually works the way a parry works in real life (moving the enemy's weapon around, not just a magic power block)

It adds soooooooo much flavor to the game, but at this point it is completely useless.

Knight 7577 13875

clashing isn't going to become the core of this game what the fuck do you want lmao

Duke 544 898
  • 4 Aug
 Goatie

I already die enough in 1vX because little creatures just spam and occasionally make me clash and in doing so the time it takes to cancel kills me. I'd rather that not become a core part of the game when the game is spammy enough as it is.

1339 1394

@Christian2222 said:
And it actually works the way a parry works in real life (moving the enemy's weapon around, not just a magic power block)

You are watching too many Hollywood movies.

291 116

I think the timing is totally weird, you have to press your mouse like a parry and it's possible so late that I'm really surprised sometimes that it works. Also the animation looks desynced again, at least for most weapons. (like 50 ms)

529 278

Weapon clashing is a brand new game mechanic I have never seen in any other game, where as chambering, and parrying are both taken from 2 previous games.

They have potential here to pave the way for a brand new game mechanic, they can work on it alot, I never said weapon clashing is perfect. But if they implement some good physics behind it it will feel more like sword fighting than any of these other mechanics, or any other game.

1339 1394

Soul Calibur had weapon clashing IIRC. So it's not brand new.

104 122

I don't really feel like clashing adds anything to the game. It's just there for the sake of being there. 99% of the time neither side benefits from a clash happening, it's just some annoying thing that occurs.

In low-leveled 1v1, clashing just means getting into an awkward loop where both players keep on clashing because they fear they'll get hit if they're the first one to stop.

In any-level teamplay, clashing is just an annoying mechanic that fucks up your riposte and makes 1vX harder than it already is.

I honestly don't know how to improve clashing but I do agree it's a bit of a gimmick right now.

Knight 7577 13875

You seem to entirely dislike the game except for this one game mechanic which is never going to be what you want it to be, so why the hell are you still here lmao