Mordhau

How do you beat super-fast weapons?

Knight 925 2541
  • 28 Jul
 Pred

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Pred said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
through as in through as in completely through as in the whole way through as in through something that something being a riposte and through the riposte through it as in completely through it as in not someone intelligently spamming attacks and then reacting but someone just blindly spamming attacks through the riposte through the RIPOSTE THROUGH THE RIPOSTE THROUGH THE RIPOSTE THROUGH THE RIPOSTE

To which I replied that if he's spamming through riposte because he knows it's a good gamble to take and is not a retard with no parry bind, he can just FTP your accelerated riposte. Now, by the rules of Mordhau combat, he's allowed a riposte himself. With a super fast weapon (as the title suggests). While you are in a compromised position looking away from him because of the accel. Which makes it a meh counter at best and further proves that super fast weapons make for retarded fights.

oh my fucking god why did I bother responding

Yep, you are clearly out of your depth. Train more and then get back to me.

58 17
  • 28 Jul
 lordlemon

same as slow weapons surely? dodge, chamber and right mouse click to block

312 241
  • 28 Jul
 LoPan

@Pred said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Pred said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
You need to get good enough to actually react to their attacks and parry them. If they're spamming through your riposte, then you should accel your riposte as hard as you can, you'll hit them first.

But if they parry your super hard accel, you will get fucked by their riposte.

500 ms should be minimal windup in this game, everything faster is just lazy design.

That's why I said "if they're spamming through your riposte"

They can still ftp and riposte you while you are looking into the ground or who knows where.

Fighting the good players in alpha when they used these weapons pretty much boiled down to only being able to do a regular or dragged riposte, absolutely shit gameplay. And this was before Cleaver and Dagger could 3-shot T3 torso lmao.

Dagger doesn’t 3 shot t3...

Knight 7636 14014
  • 28 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@LoPan said:

@Pred said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Pred said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
You need to get good enough to actually react to their attacks and parry them. If they're spamming through your riposte, then you should accel your riposte as hard as you can, you'll hit them first.

500 ms should be minimal windup in this game, everything faster is just lazy design.

They can still ftp and riposte you while you are looking into the ground or who knows where.

Fighting the good players in alpha when they used these weapons pretty much boiled down to only being able to do a regular or dragged riposte, absolutely shit gameplay. And this was before Cleaver and Dagger could 3-shot T3 torso lmao.

Yes it does. The stab does 34 damage to t3 chest. I'm not pulling this from my memory either, i'm looking at it right now as I type this in the stats menu for the dagger on Mordhau itself.

312 241
  • 28 Jul
 LoPan

@ToLazy4Name said:

@LoPan said:

@Pred said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Pred said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Yes it does. The stab does 34 damage to t3 chest. I'm not pulling this from my memory either, i'm looking at it right now as I type this in the stats menu for the dagger on Mordhau itself.

No. It doesn’t.

Knight 7636 14014
  • 28 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@LoPan said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@LoPan said:

@Pred said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Pred said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

No. It doesn’t.

Do you actually want me to screencap it for you or something? Get on Mordhau and check the damage numbers yourself.

243 139

you're right the dagger doesn't, but the CLEAVER (the other dagger) does.

Knight 7636 14014

no lmao holy shit give me a fucking minute since you people are too autistic to confirm it for yourselves

Edit: Here, now would you autists please stop contradicting me on easily verifiable information lmfao

dagger stats.png

312 241
  • 28 Jul
 LoPan

@ToLazy4Name said:
no lmao holy shit give me a fucking minute since you people are too autistic to confirm it for yourselves

Edit: Here, now would you autists please stop contradicting me on easily verifiable information lmfao

dagger stats.png

Nah.

Knight 7636 14014
34 39
  • 29 Jul
 GROG

@Aodlop said:
This video helped me a lot to figure out how to beat gay (not meant in an homophobic way) rapier users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHaCreJXOto

But I still get fucked by people with daggers, short swords, cleavers, and all those weapons with short bursts of damage. I can't manage to parry them, and even ripostes seem to slow and hti later than their second hit. I tend to get raped by those.

How do you guys defend against those? I mostly play Zweihander and Billhook.

SMASH SKULLS.
ALWAYS WORKS FOR GROG.
GROG THANKS FOR TIME.

118 154

@LoPan said:
I don’t have a problem reading any weapons.

Pls. Polearm lower strikes (especially riposted) look like idle animations until you suddenly get cucked for 50+ damage at their first frame of release.

I'm a strong believer in getting good at a game but honestly even Chivalry's Powerpoint-framerate animations were sometimes easier to read.

312 241
  • 29 Jul
 LoPan

@Shitscrubber64 said:

@LoPan said:
I don’t have a problem reading any weapons.

Pls. Polearm lower strikes (especially riposted) look like idle animations until you suddenly get cucked for 50+ damage at their first frame of release.

I'm a strong believer in getting good at a game but honestly even Chivalry's Powerpoint-framerate animations were sometimes easier to read.

Yeah, I dunno what to tell you man. I don’t have these problems. Yes, some people are very good at drags/accels w certain weapons. But after a duel or two you adapt and learn the animation. Works for me. Works for my friend I play with and the 20 or so high tier duelists who have friended me on steam.

Spend some more time in duel servers only dueling players who beat you constantly. Only way to really learn this game properly.

At this point just about everything is muscle memory w little thought behind it.

1395 1462

That's some nice photoshop skills, Lazy. :P

Knight 7636 14014
  • 29 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@SWSeriousMike said:

when people stumble upon me being nice or helpful instead of just telling people to stop being dumb and fuck off they say shit like "omg lazy why don't you act like this more often???"

this entire thread is why

82 89
  • 29 Jul
 Xanith

@GROG said:

@Aodlop said:
This video helped me a lot to figure out how to beat gay (not meant in an homophobic way) rapier users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHaCreJXOto

But I still get fucked by people with daggers, short swords, cleavers, and all those weapons with short bursts of damage. I can't manage to parry them, and even ripostes seem to slow and hti later than their second hit. I tend to get raped by those.

How do you guys defend against those? I mostly play Zweihander and Billhook.

SMASH SKULLS.
ALWAYS WORKS FOR GROG.
GROG THANKS FOR TIME.

baste

243 139

@ToLazy4Name said:

dagger stats.png

ahh i see... well there is the problem... a hit with dagger hits T3 head for 39 damage, and a hit to T3 torso hits for 34 damage, meaning that hitting T3 torso is only 5 points short of scoring a headshot (LOLOLOLOLOL NICE GOING DEVS!!!)

1395 1462

@ToLazy4Name said:
when people stumble upon me being nice or helpful instead of just telling people to stop being dumb and fuck off they say shit like "omg lazy why don't you act like this more often???"

If it is any consolation: I think it's nice you tried anyway.

4 4

Most super-fast weapons are short, so if you have a proper footplay or dodge perk, you should have an edge, also their parry stamina cost is higher, take advantage of that.

(Or git gud)

312 241
  • 30 Jul
 LoPan

@ToLazy4Name said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

Stahp lyin on numbers fam