GROG

GROG WANT GROG FEMALE.
GROG LONELY.
GROG SAD.
GROG CRY NOW.

30 21
  • 30 Jul '19
 BLOUKFACEAURT

Wait for mod weeb faggot ! This game is called Mordhau and is set in european medieval atmosphere ! But it will be some weeb mods for sure !

16 4
  • 30 Jul '19
 AbsurdO

Adding eastern weapons isn't too far of a stretch and not adding them only aims to appease those who cry about historical accuracy and they should have left and reconsidered their life decisions long ago. If you want to learn how to HEMA go do it in real life, you shouldn't have to play a game. Why the fuck would I spend 1000's of hours in a game that's completely accurate when I could spend 1000's of hours doing that in real life?

717 605

i want a katana only if i can unsheath it in an extremely bad ass way every time i start a fight

1697 1292
  • 30 Jul '19
 esturias

@GreatnessIncarnate said:
At this point, why not add anything? It's not historically accurate? That doesn't seem like a valid counter to things anymore if they're adding women and black people to medieval Europe..

Gender and color just changes the appearance of the player model to some extend and is a little favor towards the black and female players. Adding completely different weapons and armors doesn't count as a favor and as long as they aren't somehow woven into the game, adding random stuff would be stupid.
A little addon later in a few years, with a few dedicated Asian maps and a whole lot of Asian weapons and armors (they could even mostly add reskins of existing weapons) - THAT would be nice.

4 4
  • 30 Jul '19
 AwesomeKnight

Take a messer and there you have your katana.

Also, I don't think they will spend time making asiatic warriors, we didn't even
reach the fund raising for arabic warriors, I wish I could still donate.

check out Deadliest Warriors

1575 4304
  • 30 Jul '19
 TombstoneJack

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
i want a katana only if i can unsheath it in an extremely bad ass way every time i start a fight

so you don't want any katana added then?

957 312
  • 30 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

Katanas shows up in European art around 1650 so it’s possible to add them 38A1651B-F368-418E-A922-172533DED257.png

10 19
  • 30 Jul '19
 Diabelkingue

If you want asian looking stuff, turco-mongols would be closer to reality considering that they used to fuck with most of Eastern European countries during the Middle Age.

717 605

@TombstoneJack said:

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:

so you don't want any katana added then?

another exception would be that when you throw a smoke bomb at your feet your character yells "ninja vanish"

and then the smoke clears and you're completely dead on the ground from smoke inhalation

58 69
  • 30 Jul '19
 PartyClass

Do some hackerman stuff and replace the Messer model with a Katana client-side

717 605

@PartyClass said:
Do some hackerman stuff and replace the Messer model with a Katana client-side

how am i supposed to yearn for external validation by being bad ass on a video game if people can't see my bad ass weapon

111 97
  • 30 Jul '19
 BOBOLOJOE

didn't read the thread but a samurai expansion or mod would be great

with fuedal japan maps etc

naginata, no dachi, nunchuka lol some cool weapons and armor from this period

the possiblities are endless with mordhau combat
please SDK so we can get this shit going and add more variety and content to the game

32 18
  • 31 Jul '19
 Aleihric

@BOBOLOJOE said:
didn't read the thread but a samurai expansion or mod would be great

with fuedal japan maps etc

naginata, no dachi, nunchuka lol some cool weapons and armor from this period

the possiblities are endless with mordhau combat
please SDK so we can get this shit going and add more variety and content to the game

You got a point there. Chivalry did a great job, I think, with their Deadliest Warrior expansion with the samurai and ninja classes, but they didn't quite have Mordhau's alternate weapon functions system.

(Minus a realistic combat mod for the core game that was pretty much a 'proto-Mordhau', a transition between the two, which included half-swording and altered damage factors)

158 198
  • 31 Jul '19
 The Bird

@esturias said:

At this point, why not add anything? It's not historically accurate? That doesn't seem like a valid counter to things anymore if they're adding women and black people to medieval Europe..

Gender and color just changes the appearance of the player model to some extend and is a little favor towards the black and female players. Adding completely different weapons and armors doesn't count as a favor and as long as they aren't somehow woven into the game, adding random stuff would be stupid.
A little addon later in a few years, with a few dedicated Asian maps and a whole lot of Asian weapons and armors (they could even mostly add reskins of existing weapons) - THAT would be nice.

History is history, and in medieval Europe, there were no women or people of color on the battlefield. No matter how you slice it, this is a fact.
I honestly don't really have a huge issue with this, as long as we don't use 'historical accuracy' as an argument against adding content anymore. Once you start altering the setting, it becomes fantasy (much like For Honor, but not crappy, because it's Mordhau).

957 312
  • 31 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

@esturias said:

History is history, and in medieval Europe, there were no women or people of color on the battlefield. No matter how you slice it, this is a fact.
I honestly don't really have a huge issue with this, as long as we don't use 'historical accuracy' as an argument against adding content anymore. Once you start altering the setting, it becomes fantasy (much like For Honor, but not crappy, because it's Mordhau).

this game is Historical Fantasy

32 18
  • 31 Jul '19
 Aleihric

@Antoniokontos said:

@esturias said:

32 18
  • 31 Jul '19
 Aleihric

@Antoniokontos said:

@esturias said:

Agreed. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the massive range of arms and armor- but we have Vikings fighting Landsknechts and Conquistadors and everything in between. Vikings, by the the Italian Renaissance was as as ancient to them as they are to us.

Edit: The hell, how did that double-post happen? I don't remember going no where near the "publish" button or anything!