Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Level setback (RESOLVED)

10 6

I've been playing a lot recently and I had just reached level 52, my goal was to unlock the black tint armor level 70. After a random game on a 2xFFA server my level in the menu and in game changed to level 38. I restarted the game multiple times, verified game cache a handful of times and tried all sorts of things to get back to where i was. But no matter what I'm stuck at grinding levels at lvl 39 now. I really don't want to grind all that way back to where I was. My gold is still there, no problem with that, but no matter what, I'm lvl 39.
I've looked this up multiple times and this affected ppl months ago and just came and went for them, is it just a matter of time now?
I'm very confused and hope this gets fixed if possible.
Thanks in advance

534 287
  • 27 Jul '19
 Gambit

This is a known issue and the devs are aware but it generally fixes itself over time.

10 6

Yep I can affirm that, fixed itself later this day...

4 1
  • 29 Jul '19
 Rou

I went from 62 to 48 about a week ago. It hasn't resolved and I've leveled up to 52 since then. What should I do when it doesn't fix itself over time?

10 6

@Rou said:
I went from 62 to 48 about a week ago. It hasn't resolved and I've leveled up to 52 since then. What should I do when it doesn't fix itself over time?

Like I initially said, I verified steam files a LOT just to be sure. And the first time I did it it said one file had to be recovered even though the issue persisted, but on every thread I looked up they said verifying files would help.
As one of the devs said about this issue, your xp/gold are still there, just it doesn't show it.
But for me personally this happened when I was on a 2xFFA server and when I went into a new 2xFFA game with my level set back a day later and looked at my level, it was back, so just to be sure I exited when it loaded all my xp and gold.
I really don't know because a week is a bit extreme since they usually say it goes away in a couple days which it did for me... Maybe it'll come back for you too, I don't see why not. It's also probably getting patched next update so you'll get back your xp.

On a side note when I was set to level 38, I played and gained a level and a bit of xp, this was counted when I came back to my original level, I was level 53.
Hope it gets fixed for you I know how frustrating it is

4 2
  • 29 Jul '19
 Morger

@Rou said:

We had similar issues, and I think I just fixed mine, so here's the conditions that I was in when it fixed.

I had a second game loaded up on steam. It was my first match of the day and I entered a community duel server, where it displayed the level that I should be at, 71. I left mid-game instead of seeing it to completion, and it finally gave me all my levels back, plus the ones I gained.

It took 11 days for it to finally fix itself. Hang in there, man.