Mordhau

Introduce yourselves

11 5
  • 25 Jul
 Wayne-O

Hello everyone, thought i would create a friendly intro thread (would have been better to make this on release). Just somewhere for the community to introduce themselves, and give some details on their mordhau experience and facourite builds and stuff.

i.e

Hi my name is Wayne, i bought the game a couple weeks after release. I love medieval fighting games, spent a good few hundred hours on Warband, and as soon as i saw this game coming i just had to have it.

It's probably the most fun i've had playing a game in a long long time, even dying can be funny at times, and just certain moments which i will always remember. My favourite loadout at the moment is a 2-2-1 with poleaxe and javelin, there's just something about the poleaxe which i love, and the javelin speaks for itself.

You will normally find me on the EU servers every Friday and Saturday night (wish i could play more, but with work, wife and child the weekends are my only chance).

Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from you on here or seeing you on the field of battle!

ONWARD, TO GLOOORYYYYYY!!

Sellsword 763 2294
181 165
  • 25 Jul
 Unlikely

I coworker I tried to recruit into my HEMA club discovered Mordhau first, and told me I had to get into it. I couldn't play it on Linux, but now I have a dedicated Windows 10 machine for Mordhau. Of course my main build is a guy with a longsword.

1548 1616

@Unlikely said:
I couldn't play it on Linux, but now I have a dedicated Windows 10 machine for Mordhau.

I play it on Linux. Don't want to hijack this thread, but if you have trouble running it, consider reviving that thread.

247 145

Hello my name is Zugzug
i am level 84 in the game
i hate people who complain about gear in the game (especially those shield witch hunters)
i hate people who try to restrict freedom of speech in any way shape or form outside of the legal terms for what does not constitute free speech, such as threats of violence or encouragement to terrorism.
i used to play chivalry before i came into mordhau, and having dealt with reverse overhead 2H maul insta-1shots, i welcome Mordhau verily... i feel like those same ROH-maul users are the ones who hate shields in this game.. but that's just a hunch.

201 402
  • 25 Jul
 serbish

Sherbersh Lemel
-real life stats:

height: 173cm
weight: anorexic
IQ: 85 tested
Autism level: 5/10
race: normal
religion: jew
income: jew

-mordhau stats:
level 56
played 400 hours of the Alpha
ex chivalry player
i have over 40 character builds for each and every situation
my average response time is 400ms but still manage to do well in duels somehow
im looking forward to ranked duels and absorbing the high salt content
i often use the bastard sword or the greatsword in most situations
sometimes i equip shields because it helps calm my nerves despite not being of much use
i also play primarily in 3rd person because it means i dont have to use my ears to keep track of my surroundings
i cant save up gold past 15000 without spending it
im really bad at horse combat and often run in to static objects immediately after mounting one
i have a bad pc but i still enjoy the game for some reason
im also a level designer waiting to make some maps for mordhau
im also excited to play chivalry II as it seems a bit more lighthearted than mordhau and perhaps less stressful

• 25 Jul
 ToLazy4Name
This comment was deleted.
Knight 661 1011
  • 25 Jul
 VampireDuck

Hello. That is all.

Knight 7759 14272
  • 25 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

Wait wtf where did my post go who the fuck deleted it

Knight 661 1011
  • 25 Jul
 VampireDuck

someone stole ur sandwitch! D:

717 603

@ToLazy4Name said:
Wait wtf where did my post go who the fuck deleted it

pwned by the cyber cops

Knight 7759 14272
  • 25 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

I demand to know which coward deleted my post so I can call them an appropriate racial slur

Conscript 4562 6301
  • 25 Jul
 vanguard

Hi I'm vanguard and I'm a communism, nice to meet u. In game I'm very gud brave knight that uses halberd, but I'm on wifi now so I can't play this game anymore and this makes me ANGRY. Its ok though because I can still play rising storm 2 since tacticool realistic shooters doesn't require much reflexes, timing isn't as important as map awareness is.

147 227
11 5
  • 26 Jul
 Wayne-O

The answers so far confirm a few things for me - this community is like no other! Love it.

957 306

hi im just a furfag from Ethiopia who has been living in the us for the past 18 years i hate and love this game

4 3
  • 1 Aug
 SumDumClam

Hi, my name is J, and I'm a Mordhau-olic
(Hi, J)
I'm 2x-3x older than any of you and I suck at this game, but I love it and play it anyway

133 104

I'm level 63 and I play this game for the fashion. I have completed my saracen, crusader, and gothic knight. Now I am saving up for the landsknecht set and am trying to recreate the Italian white armour.

Dad Sizzle

46 72
  • 2 Aug
 Zeratul

Hi. im Level 50 and i abuse this game as a platform for political agitation.

11 5
  • 2 Aug
 Wayne-O

@SumDumClam said:
Hi, my name is J, and I'm a Mordhau-olic
(Hi, J)
I'm 2x-3x older than any of you and I suck at this game, but I love it and play it anyway

You can't be that old? I mean maybe twice as old, but doubt your in your 90's?! lol. Glad you enjoy the game.