Mordhau

15 perk Ideas

49 44
  • 25 Jul '19
 TrustyWays

What do you think ?

Rivalry (1) - When you kill the last person who killed you, your life and stamina are restored.

Lifesucker (5) - give back 9 hp per hits landed.

Flaming Phoenix (2) - You do 50% more damage while burning.

Hunter's Trick (1) - Projectiles thrown on the lower bodypart reduce traget's speed for 5 seconds

Highlander (9) - Your life and stamina are increase by 2 everykill.

Stupid (4) - you can only right lmb from now, but your damages are increase by 25%(-50%?)

Clever (4) - you have at least 80 iq

Conquistador (15) - You gain more gold per kills.

Mastodonte (6) - Your character is ''slightly'' bigger than the average : +25 hp, -33% speed. (Weapons are still the same size)

Hard Worker (1) - tools cost less stam to use. Carving knife included.

Good Grip (2) - You don't lose your weapon (even on the ground) nor fall from your horse when parrying an horse charge.

Life insurence (2) - If you get teamkilled, your death wont show on the leaderboard, your team still lose a ticket.

Lizardman (42) - Nobody knows you're not human, your new skin is still fresh.

Show-off (7) - You can't hear an helmet, use 2 handed weapons, using catapult nor use throwables. You get twice the score for a kill, so you can show-off your name on the scoreboard. (You dont get more xp out of it and it doen't show the double of kills you made)

Coward (3)- Your speed doubles when you are under 5(-10?)hp.

3 7
  • 25 Jul '19
 facebook

lifesucker is like lidl walmart bloodlust with that 5 point cost and i dont want to be sucking my opponent anyway thats gay bro

Mercenary 179 612
  • 25 Jul '19
 Stauxie

Rivalry: This may pose a problem in comp esp on skirmish, because you can get bloodlust + stamlust for 1 point by killing 1/3-5 enemies.
Lifesucker: Vampirism type perks are avoided because you can escape getting killed by hitting people, for example, greatsword does 50 damage on hs, which means its 2 htk. Getting health on hit increases that htk to 3 and such.
Flaming Phoenix: This would be fun to tinker with, I'm not sure about straight damage buff though. Maybe increased speed or reduced stam loss, etc. Small buffs like that.
Hunter's Trick: This is definitely going to be very annoying but can have strategy attached to it. 5 seconds is a lot though, I would reduce the time on that to 2-3 seconds and raise it to 2 points.
Highlander: I like this perk, reminds me of TF2 Demoknight.
Stupid: Straight damage buff, should be avoided.
Clever: okay
Conquistador: Kinda getting meta for the game and would just make every frontline nakeds with a dagger or something, should be avoided.
Mastodonte: Straight health buff, should be avoided.
Hard Worker: Good meme perk for casuals.
Good Grip: This would need a downside otherwise its just stam hell. So maybe you could have stagger when you run out of stam, gain 30 stam like normal, and eat one hit.
Life Insurance: Useless
Lizardman: meme
Show-off: I think this would just get abused for frontline.
Coward: Having speedboost for almost dying would just be annoying and would probably just be used for footwork by top play.

Knight 697 1610
  • 25 Jul '19
 das

Hunter's Trick, Highlander, and Hard Worker have potential.

Hunter's Trick should last shorter and be more expensive as stauxie mentioned. But that would give Recurve Bow, Throwing Knives, even Rocks a big utility.

Highlander would be the ultimate Frontline meme challenge perk. If/when they add a penalty for carrying overburdening equipment (e.g. 333 Zwei Longbow Bloodlust), Highlander should be exempt. The main way in which Highlander would be immediately annoying is when he gets 1 kill for 102 HP, then gets headshot by something like a Zwei or Maul for 100 and survives it. But it is a 9 point perk, so it can afford to be that way.

Hard Worker would be funny overall, I think I'd just have it be a generic "increases efficiency with tools" and change stam parry negation for 2h, windup speed for 1hers. Hard Worker + Smith + mallet/blacksmith hammer would be neat.

49 44
  • 6
  • 25 Jul '19
 TrustyWays

@Stauxie said:
Rivalry: This may pose a problem in comp esp on skirmish, because you can get bloodlust + stamlust for 1 point by killing 1/3-5 enemies.

You can't spam it, it's unique, one guy once every life. For the restoration values I let the devs choose, I thought avout +75 stam and hp instead. Or +100 hp + 50 stam

Lifesucker: Vampirism type perks are avoided because you can escape getting killed by hitting people, for example, greatsword does 50 damage on hs, which means its 2 htk. Getting health on hit increases that htk to 3 and such.

I saw afterwards that it could be too op in duels (except maybe if it costs around (12)?)

Flaming Phoenix: This would be fun to tinker with, I'm not sure about straight damage buff though. Maybe increased speed or reduced stam loss, etc. Small buffs like that.

The main idea is to get buffed while burning. I would rather get straight damage (and maybe more speed) because it's already too difficult to fight while burning, people only have to back up few meters to deny your perk and you don't last long while burning.

Hunter's Trick: This is definitely going to be very annoying but can have strategy attached to it. 5 seconds is a lot though, I would reduce the time on that to 2-3 seconds and raise it to 2 points.

2 is too short, 4 would be perfect. The cost of (2) is fine

Stupid: Straight damage buff, should be avoided.

You can't block btw

Conquistador: Kinda getting meta for the game and would just make every frontline nakeds with a dagger or something, should be avoided.

I'm pretty sure people would invest in armor instead of a dagger. Maybe if we reduce to (13) we would see less nakeds.

Mastodonte: Straight health buff, should be avoided.

It's easy to kit, has a larger hitbox while holding normal size weapon. It's slow, easy to spot and to shoot. It's more of a showoff perk than a practical one.

Good Grip: This would need a downside otherwise its just stam hell. So maybe you could have stagger when you run out of stam, gain 30 stam like normal, and eat one hit.

This perk was more about to be able to 1v1 horsemen while being on ground or while you duel a spearknight while riding and having a sword.

Life Insurance: Useless

I would whine less about tk if I had this tbh, but it's not an important perk indeed.

Lizardman: meme

Wot m8

Show-off: I think this would just get abused for frontline.

This perk reduces the number of cata users, archers, 2 handed fully plated dudes and finally veterans with godlike builds.

Only so you can have you name higher in the scoreboard.

How is that an abuse frankly.

Coward: Having speedboost for almost dying would just be annoying and would probably just be used for footwork by top play.

If it lasts 5 seconds, that would perfectly balanced.

Knight 697 1610
  • 25 Jul '19
 das

Phoenix granting a massive speed boost would be super interesting, as an alternative or in tandem with Fireproof. Straight damage boosts are boring, and one that will never see action because people back away from fire is pointleas.

4 seconds is REALLY long... Even in WoW, a 2.5s cast time is asking to get interrupted. Mordhau is a much faster game in comparison. 2s slow is more than enough to hamstring an enemy so that your teammates can surround him, which itself is a death sentence with proper teamwork and play. 2s is long enough to be useful, just short enough that it's not obnoxiously annoying for the victim.

Severe changes to core combat mechanics should generally be avoided for perks.

Bigger hitbox means it's easier to leghit and harder to headshot, lol. Also, you wouldn't be able to fit through essential chokes like all the doorways. The hands wouldn't fit the weapon model correctly, and your reach would be longer due to longer limbs anyways.

Coward would be really obnoxious, anyone who skirts onto 10 health would frankly be unkillable. It's not about balance, it's about whether it adds or detracts from the game, especially in the fun factor.

49 44
  • 3
  • 25 Jul '19
 TrustyWays

@das said:
Phoenix granting a massive speed boost would be super interesting, as an alternative or in tandem with Fireproof. Straight damage boosts are boring, and one that will never see action because people back away from fire is pointleas.

Seems good to me.

4 seconds is REALLY long... Even in WoW, a 2.5s cast time is asking to get interrupted. Mordhau is a much faster game in comparison. 2s slow is more than enough to hamstring an enemy so that your teammates can surround him, which itself is a death sentence with proper teamwork and play. 2s is long enough to be useful, just short enough that it's not obnoxiously annoying for the victim.

Well, that's right, still, as an archer 2 seconds would really be too short to survive, 2.5 would be good.

Coward would be really obnoxious, anyone who skirts onto 10 health would frankly be unkillable. It's not about balance, it's about whether it adds or detracts from the game, especially in the fun factor.

That would be sad indeed if people were spaming it, I was more thinking that it could save you from Xv1 or you could use it as final moves to get around people.

Combined with ''tis but a scratch'' perk that would be more funny to watch, lots of time I feel like I die too early with this perk. If it is limited to once per life, this would be offensively oriented, or be a safety net if you are outnumbered. Which seems fair tbh.

453 181
  • 4
  • 25 Jul '19
 PC_Principal

@Goof said:
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/13547/perk-suggestions/?page=8#c160

Heh I also made a similar topic, didn't find anything when searching perk...

Anyway @ OP most your perks are either useless or op. Hunter's Trick is good.

Here are my suggestions:

[2]Shieldbreaker:

Your attacks drain 50% more stamina when blocked
Your kicks deal 50% more damage

[2]Escape Artist (inspired by mittsies)
When your health falls below 25%, use all your stamina and drop your weapon to perform and run 50% faster for 4 seconds.

[3]Brute Force
Blunt weapons deal 50% more damage against heavy armor.

[3]Berserker
Reduce miss penalty and attack stamina cost by 50%
Increase Feint and morph cost by 100%

[2]Architect

Can place 10 objects instead of 6

My Suggested Perk Changes

[2]Fireproof: Now also increases movement speed while burning 20% (inspired by TrustyWays

[2]Wrecker: Deal 66% more damage against structures.
Drain 50% more stamina against shields

[1]Huntsman: Deals 100% more damage with bows and throwables against players on horseback, horses and enemies carrying a quiver.

[4] Bloodlust: Grants 25 extra life on kill

49 44
  • 2
  • 26 Jul '19
 TrustyWays

Tbh some of them were goofs, some were more serious. The ones we discuss that could fit the game are :

  • Hunter's Trick
  • Highlander
  • Good Grip
  • Hard Worker
  • Flaming Phoenix

The ones that seem like a no are :

  • Mastodonte (I'm quite sad tbh about this one)
  • Lifesucker
  • Life Insurence
  • Stupid
  • Show-off

Unsure perks.

  • Coward : This would be a great perk if you could combine it with ''scratch/last stand" perk. I do see how it is spammable if you can use it more than once.
  • Rivalry, I see it as a ''single use'' bloodlust on someone specific.

@PC_Principal said:
Here are my suggestions:

[2]Shieldbreaker:

Your attacks drain 50% more stamina when blocked
Your kicks deal 50% more damage

The stamina part is too op and people don't really like straight damage buff here. Tbh it would be cool to have a perk increasing kicks length and damages.

@PC_Principal said:
fireproof tweaks

rather than having a perk that does both. I think it's more logical to have two different perks that both have their own different uses. One buffs, the other protects.

[2]Escape Artist (inspired by mittsies)
When your health falls below 25%, use all your stamina and drop your weapon to perform and run 50% faster for 4 seconds.

This is like coward but nerfed, I like it.

[3]Brute Force
Blunt weapons deal 50% more damage against heavy armor.

Straight damage should avoided, in this can it seems quite op.

[3]Berserker
Reduce miss penalty and attack stamina cost by 50%
Increase Feint and morph cost by 100%

I like it.

[2]Architect

Can place 10 objects instead of 6

I'm pretty sure it has been suggested toons of times, I'm still for it.

My Suggested Perk Changes

[2]Wrecker: Deal 66% more damage against structures.
Drain 50% more stamina against shields

It would make it too op against shield.

[1]Huntsman: Deals 100% more damage with bows and throwables against players on horseback, horses and enemies carrying a quiver.

I would want that too. But xbow and longbow would oneshoot making cavalry useless. If the buff against cavalry was for the shortbow I would be all for it. Maybe if the damage buff was for horse only.

[4] Bloodlust: Grants 25 extra life on kill

I would rather have seen it as +75hp per kill instead of 100. 50 is low enough to make the perk not really worth it, I could still get oneshoot after a kill with it.

453 181
  • 1
  • 26 Jul '19
 PC_Principal

Thanks for your feedback!
I'll go into detail on some more of your perks:

Hunter's trick: ARROW IN THE KNEE LOVE IT

Highlander: I think increasing maximum HP is beyond possibility as of now, the perk is very expensive too and only 2 hp, tbh, we shouldn't go for max hp increases. Why? It will be confusing because most weapons have "fixed" 2 hits, 3 hits and so on. Sometimes 2 more health can ruin the calculated kill.

Hard Worker:
Could be included, but I think stamina for tools is not really needed since you rarely fight with tools and repairing structures doesn't cost stamina.

Good Grip:
Never losing your weapon (shield ;) ) seems op aswell and will be abused with all kinds of small weapons with high block cost, frying pan, wooden mallet, short sword, quarterstaff...aswell as shields and any weapon basically.

Phoenix:
I'd still like it a bit nerfed and maybe combined with fireproof because phoenix alone seems a bit useless. 50% movement seems a lot though, this is why I suggested to move it into fireproof. Also, this would mean less perks.

957 309
  • 27 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

how about a perk were you cant deal damage but cant die either or cap points (cost 5 points) would be a great way for Lute players to chill and not beable to od much else

957 309
  • 27 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

also the Problem with conquistador is the fact gold is only given by time in a game

1225 892
  • 27 Jul '19
 esturias
  • OP/balancebreaking:
    Rivalry, Lifesucker, Highlander
  • list itemNonsense:
    Flaming Phoenix, Stupid, Clever, Conquistador, Life insurence, Lizardman, Show-off,
  • list itemKinda good idea, needs further thinking:
    Hunter's Trick, Mastodonte, Hard Worker, Good Grip (Archers!), Coward (bad name)

Sooo... yeah, mostly bad ideas, the rest is mostly obvious ideas that have been suggested already.

49 44
  • 29 Jul '19
 TrustyWays

Tbh I don't understand we haven't seen new perks since updates, still we got balance.

@esturias said:

  • list itemKinda good idea, needs further thinking:
    Hunter's Trick, Mastodonte, Hard Worker, Good Grip (Archers!), Coward (bad name)

Why (archers !) ? I don t get it.

Mastodonte require a lot of works it seems to be balanced correctly. I feel like having a bigger character gives you lots of advantages.biggee length, so longer drags (ehich means slower swings overall.)

Maybe the advantage would be just the height and what you can do with it and a speed reduction.

Rather than give it more hp which could make it op.

957 309
  • 29 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

@TrustyWays said:
Tbh I don't understand we haven't seen new perks since updates, still we got balance.

@esturias said:

  • list itemKinda good idea, needs further thinking:
    Hunter's Trick, Mastodonte, Hard Worker, Good Grip (Archers!), Coward (bad name)

Why (archers !) ? I don t get it.

Mastodonte require a lot of works it seems to be balanced correctly. I feel like having a bigger character gives you lots of advantages.biggee length, so longer drags (ehich means slower swings overall.)

Maybe the advantage would be just the height and what you can do with it and a speed reduction.

Rather than give it more hp which could make it op.

Archers loose their bows on Melee hit with a perk that disables disarm they can just turn and shoot you not needing to worry about loosing the bow

49 44
  • 29 Jul '19
 TrustyWays

@Antoniokontos said:
Archers loose their bows on Melee hit with a perk that disables disarm they can just turn and shoot you not needing to worry about loosing the bow

I didn't think about that, that's a cool use of the perk.

34 39
  • 29 Jul '19
 GROG

@TrustyWays said:
What do you think ?

Rivalry (1) - When you kill the last person who killed you, your life and stamina are restored.

Lifesucker (5) - give back 9 hp per hits landed.

Flaming Phoenix (2) - You do 50% more damage while burning.

Hunter's Trick (1) - Projectiles thrown on the lower bodypart reduce traget's speed for 5 seconds

Highlander (9) - Your life and stamina are increase by 2 everykill.

Stupid (4) - you can only right lmb from now, but your damages are increase by 25%(-50%?)

Clever (4) - you have at least 80 iq

Conquistador (15) - You gain more gold per kills.

Mastodonte (6) - Your character is ''slightly'' bigger than the average : +25 hp, -33% speed. (Weapons are still the same size)

Hard Worker (1) - tools cost less stam to use. Carving knife included.

Good Grip (2) - You don't lose your weapon (even on the ground) nor fall from your horse when parrying an horse charge.

Life insurence (2) - If you get teamkilled, your death wont show on the leaderboard, your team still lose a ticket.

Lizardman (42) - Nobody knows you're not human, your new skin is still fresh.

Show-off (7) - You can't hear an helmet, use 2 handed weapons, using catapult nor use throwables. You get twice the score for a kill, so you can show-off your name on the scoreboard. (You dont get more xp out of it and it doen't show the double of kills you made)

Coward (3)- Your speed doubles when you are under 5(-10?)hp.

GROG NO AGREE.
NO NEED TO EXPLAIN.
GROG THINKS ENOUGH POINT HELPERS.

49 44
  • 30 Jul '19
 TrustyWays

Grog not usefull
Grog negative
Bye grog