Mordhau

The mace is possibly the worst weapon in the entire game and needs some kind of buff badly

7 1

Much i love the weapon and it's skins especially the Morning Star Head but why do i say it's the worst weapon in the game?

I'll compare the mace to 2 other blunt weapons which is the warhammer and the heavy handaxe (Hey it's technically a blunt weapon if you press R)

Let's check the stats let's start with windup speed

Windups stats:
Mace:
Strike: 625
Stab: 475

Warhammer:
Strike: 475
Stab: 500

Heavy Handaxe:
Strike: 700
Stab: 675

Ok this is looking really bad for the mace when it comes to windup speed except for stab but will it fare better when it comes to damage? I'll only count swing damage because stabbing is garbage for non swords/spears

Damage:
Mace:
Head: 63 (None) 63 (T1) 62 (T2) 60 (T3)
Body: 53 (None) 53 (T1) 52 (T2) 50 (T3)
Legs: 52 (None) 50 (T1) 48 (T2) 46 (T3)

Warhammer:
Head: 53 (None) 52 (T1) 51 (T2) 50 (T3)
Torso: 38 (None) 37 (T1) 36 (T2) 35 (T3)
Legs: 35 (None) 35 (T1) 34 31 (T2) 30 (T3)

Heave Handaxe:
Head: 100 (None) 100 (T1) 68 (T2) 60 (T3)
Body: 75 (None) 62 (T1) 53 (T2) 45 (T3)
Legs: 65 (None) 52 (T1) 43 (T2) 35 (T3)

This is warhammer is looking worse than the mace now yes? NO! the moment you press R everything changes when it comes to head damage
Warhammer alt mode:
Head: 100 (None) 77 (T1) 76 (T2) 70 (T3)

Now the mace looks real pathetic doesn't it now?

"But wait!" You say: "The heavy handaxe is slow as shit and deals mediocre damage against higher tier armor! Why would you consider it better than the mace?" And i'm gonna say here's why it's better: Pressing R turns it into a utility weapon (blacksmith hammer) albeit slower than the original and deals more damage

Maybe it will fare better in length yes? Wrong

Mace: 60cm
Warhammer: 60cm
Handaxe: 70cm

This is where it ends since i am getting pretty lazy now and it is late in my timezone so i will leave a TL;DR how to fix it

Make the mace swing slightly faster (600ms) or maybe make it a 3 cost weapon or just make it bit longer (70-80cm)

Edit: Fixed an typo
Edit edit: Fixed an error

Duke 544 898
  • 24 Jul
 Goatie

Well something has to be the shittest. It's no joke of a weapon if a duelist has experience with it either.

Knight 693 1584
  • 24 Jul
 das

Have you ever... actually used these weapons or fought against someone good using them?

Strike headshotting anyone with a 60cm weapon is impossible against anyone with good footwork. Granted 99.9% of the playerbase doesn't have good footwork.. Good thing the Mace doesn't need to headshot to 2HTK. This is a huge deal and is basically the selling point of the mace in the first place.

Mace has a 475ms stab... this is INSANE. 500ms is already good yet the Mace has an even faster one than that. "Muh damage". The point of the stab is to flinch and condition enemies to fall for your mixups that lead to hitting them with the whack.

Mace has ridiculous stamina values, incredibly important for duels.

The second most important point after Mace's 2HTK on plate torso: the slow strikes means it can DRAG.

Duke 544 898
  • 24 Jul
 Goatie

I think this is the only issue I've seen with giving people statistics. People tend to base their balance ideas PURELY around numbers and not how an actual weapon plays.

133 167
  • 24 Jul
 Atlas-D

I feel like the mace is way too slow to accel and slightly too fast to drag. It's fustrating to use and it's only upside is stab spamming, which is lame, boring and probably broken.

Knight 693 1584
  • 24 Jul
 das

It's fustrating to use and it's only upside is stab spamming, which is lame, boring and probably broken.

I don't disagree with you there lol. Things about it feel off, to use or fight against. I think getting a headshot + body shot kill nerf + 500ms windup stab nerf + 575ms strike buff + 500ms release buff would make it feel better and closer to the Chivalry Flanged Mace (which was a good feeling weapon and very nice against knights and vanguards, but weak against other MAA).

107 129

Mace is a great weapon for 1v1 and easily worth 4 points. You can throw numbers around all you want but have you actually tried it out? It's very good, can drag well enough and has a quick stab to throw off the enemy's timing. Strong stamina drain as well.

It's also a pretty big waste of time to compare just about any weapon with the Heavy Handaxe as the latter is the most floaty, controversial weapon in its point range. It either needs to cost more or get some stat changes to make its damage and speed more in line with the other one handers.

Knight 7579 13875
  • 24 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

oh good this is just like that one thread of the guy saying war axe sucked

Mace 2 shots t3 chest, has a very fast stab for interrupts and mixups, is slow enough to drag effectively and only costs a few points. If you think it's the "worst weapon in the game" then idk what the hell you're doing but you're wrong lmao

7 1

@Shitscrubber64 said:
Mace is a great weapon for 1v1 and easily worth 4 points. You can throw numbers around all you want but have you actually tried it out? It's very good, can drag well enough and has a quick stab to throw off the enemy's timing. Strong stamina drain as well.

It's also a pretty big waste of time to compare just about any weapon with the Heavy Handaxe as the latter is the most floaty, controversial weapon in its point range. It either needs to cost more or get some stat changes to make its damage and speed more in line with the other one handers.

I tried it a lot and it's worthless in any kind of 1vX situation due to it's painfully slow and mediocre damage output for 1 handed and even in 1v1 you're just better off using a warhammer due to much faster swing speed and much better head damage when you press R so sorry but at the end numbers win even if you got eradic playstyle that makes you almost unpredictable or a calculated one for the slow swing speed is just so predictable

Knight 7579 13875
  • 24 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

Also of course a furry made this thread lmao

"B-But slow swing speed is b-bad!!!"

291 116

I was shocked to see mace does the same 63 damage to unarmored heads and t1 armor while handaxe oneshots both.
I only tried the mace once and thought it sucked.

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 24 Jul
 Sir Zombie

Blunt weapons be like dat

7 1

@Sir Zombie said:
Blunt weapons be like dat

Except for warhammer and sledge which both has brutal head damage unlike mace

7 1

@ToLazy4Name said:
oh good this is just like that one thread of the guy saying war axe sucked

Mace 2 shots t3 chest, has a very fast stab for interrupts and mixups, is slow enough to drag effectively and only costs a few points. If you think it's the "worst weapon in the game" then idk what the hell you're doing but you're wrong lmao

Excuse me for wanting to love the mace but can't due to shit DPS and being more predictable than a spear user

Knight 7579 13875
  • 24 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

it two shots tier 3 chest

what the fuck do you want it to do other than that while costing 4 fucking points

Knight 693 1584
  • 24 Jul
 das

Scout one-shots heads while the M4 doesn't, therefore the Scout is a better weapon.

But seriously, DPS is an irrelevant stat for this game unless we're talking about destroying structures. HTK and the likeliness of hitting is what matters. Dagger stabs have a higher DPS than almost any 2hander lol, does this mean anything? No, because parrying and chambering exists, which puts a halt to your "muh dps".

Also, mace 2-shots on the torso.

Mace 2-shots torso.

Mace 2-shots torso.

Mace 2-shots torso.

Mace 2-shots torso.

Mace 2-shots torso.

7 1

@das said:
Scout one-shots heads while the M4 doesn't, therefore the Scout is a better weapon.

But seriously, DPS is an irrelevant stat for this game unless we're talking about destroying structures. HTK and the likeliness of hitting is what matters. Dagger stabs have a higher DPS than almost any 2hander lol, does this mean anything? No, because parrying and chambering exists, which puts a halt to your "muh dps".

Also, mace 2-shots on the torso.

Mace 2-shots torso.

Mace 2-shots torso.

Mace 2-shots torso.

Mace 2-shots torso.

Mace 2-shots torso.

It's so predictable it's actually not even funny and only good for saying "Look at me! I am a free hit!" unless you do crazy risky moves or smack them from behind

And DPS does matter and the only reason the dagger is not god tier is because everyone can spit longer distance than it's length

Edit: Accidently used distance twice and fixed it

129 141

Why does this thread even exist? How do you people formulate these weird opinions? The Mace is a powerful and flexible 1 hander. Wacky looking feints and morphs, fast and strong stab, 2-hits heavy armour. If you can't perform with it...

7 1

@ToLazy4Name said:
it two shots tier 3 chest

what the fuck do you want it to do other than that while costing 4 fucking points

I guess you never read what i wrote how to buff it a bit

Knight 3132 7290
  • 24 Jul
 Punzybobo

Fucking idiot retard faggot furry