Mordhau

New Game Mode: Peasant Uprising

11 39

A suggestion for a potentially fun game mode down the road:

Similar to Horde mode, but allow players to play as the band of rabble. Triternion has even mentioned a close quarters town/city map in the mix with a small village.

The premise: Two teams face off, one much smaller team gets to play as a the “nobles”. Nobles get access to all the weapon load outs and equipment they normally would. The other much larger team gets to play as the “peasants”. Peasants can only equip peasant weapons and clothing.

Nobles must win by “quelling” the peasant uprising by holding out long enough to outlast the timer (or a certain amount of rounds/waves) and by holding certain objectives. If killed, they do not get to respawn. Their numbers are fewer, but they are much better armed and equipped.

Peasants must win by “overthrowing” the nobles by capturing the objectives, or killing all of the nobles. Peasants respawn regularly (or with each round/wave). What they lack in weapons and armor, they make up in numbers.

This is just an unfinished idea however, but I thought the basic premise had a lot of potential. Feel free to post your own thoughts or suggestions.

Cheers.

954 302

lol could Imagine that one Bloodlust Feign god wiping the peasants out easily

45 104
  • 23 Jul
 Degeneracy

@Antoniokontos said:

A group of sledgehammer peasants will disarm him, sooner or later.

82 89
  • 23 Jul
 Xanith

Don't underestimate the pan and rock throwers.

Empress 359 850
  • 23 Jul
 Soulcatcher

Sounds great.

Probably something that'll likely end up getting modded if it's ever seen in-game, but surely a slice of fun most people would enjoy playing for a bit.

132 48
  • 23 Jul
 Highlander

@Antoniokontos said:

Just don’t allow bloodlust or dodge simple

110 96
  • 24 Jul
 BOBOLOJOE

I like it!

119 78
  • 24 Jul
 Cence

Peasent weapons are very underrated, a mode like this would result in the nobles getting stomped.

954 302

maby a 30 min slaughter fest winner is who ever has the most points or if the peasants capture the castle

1757 1412
  • 24 Jul
 Rergato

Ever player Counter Strike? There was a popular mod, “zombie escape”. At the start, there was always only a few zombies; the zombie team only grew by killing people.

I’d like to see a gamemode like that in Mordhau.. it makes sense— one rebellious peasant asshole manages to get the drop on some noble fucktard, other peasant assholes will get motivated to join the rebellion, so it makes sense

129 141

Blessed mode

33 71

Im all for it. Anything is better then frontline.

63 43
  • 24 Jul
 Cadiz

This game is pretty much crying out for party gamemodes like this.

11 39

@Rergato said:
Ever player Counter Strike? There was a popular mod, “zombie escape”. At the start, there was always only a few zombies; the zombie team only grew by killing people.

I’d like to see a gamemode like that in Mordhau.. it makes sense— one rebellious peasant asshole manages to get the drop on some noble fucktard, other peasant assholes will get motivated to join the rebellion, so it makes sense

I do remember zombie escape. That was another possibility, but I didn't include it. I like the idea through too. Since zombies have been done to death already, making players transform into "peasants" instead might put a fresh spin on the concept.

63 43
  • 25 Jul
 Cadiz

@JimboniusMaximus said:
I do remember zombie escape. That was another possibility, but I didn't include it. I like the idea through too. Since zombies have been done to death already, making players transform into "peasants" instead might put a fresh spin on the concept.

I have a feeling that once modding tools are released to the public, this game'll have an absolute flood of content. Hell, the devs can even sponsor some and put it in the base game.

954 302

@Cadiz said:

@JimboniusMaximus said:

I have a feeling that once modding tools are released to the public, this game'll have an absolute flood of content. Hell, the devs can even sponsor some and put it in the base game.

Tf2 still has life in it due to Community created Content i can just imagine what weird things people will do here