Mordhau

Your game keeps dying

1330 1380

That's the weirdest definition of game balance I have encountered so far.

601 471
  • 23 Jul
 esturias

@Guard12082c34e08e494c said:
Balance means having an equal chance to win regardless of any variables.

Err. No.

So yes, you are asking for everything to be the same.

And no again. I didn't ask for anything yet.

And yes, it is ridiculous to expect a perfectly balanced system from a game with so many unique mechanics made by a group of people that don't even interact face-to-face.

Like I explicitly wrote, I'm not talking about a perfect balance but about major flaws that should not make it into a finished game.

14 20

Flaws such as? You still haven't given any examples. The game seems mostly finished to me. The only thing I find missing that should be in a finished product is good objective-based gamemodes like in Chivalry. That game had some of the most fun objective maps ever created.

I'd rather be able to play the game rather than get delayed and wait for an additional year. Most people were crying it was taking too long for this game to get released. It is much better to have the game playtested on mass so better balance decisions can be made, and some flaws can only be noticed and appear once a large population is playing around with all the mechanics.

Have patience with this small unorthodox studio, it is the least they are asking for.

178 165
  • 23 Jul
 Unlikely

I wonder how motivated I would be if I went to work in the morning and found a message entitled "Your game keeps dying."

30 20
  • 23 Jul
 FΞNIX

If you think Mordhau's skillcap is unfair and requires enormous dedication time (by enormous i mean you can't have a job and play the game).
People have different learning skills and abilities, some learn fast and some learn slow.

In my opinion you are a casual player, why ? Because you either learn slow or you don't have the competitive mindset, Therefore casual players aren't dedicated to duel servers in mordhau, either enjoy frontline / other mods or just leave Mordhau behind.

Before playing Mordhau i was playing a game called Dota 2, If you never heared/played the game, it's the most cancerous community aswell as an insane skillcap far larger than Mordhau's, where you spend at least 100 hours to learn basics of the MOBA dota genre, i ended up spending 6000 hours into that game which i considered a waste of my life, Why ? because i didn't enjoy the learning curve, i spent my time getting mad most of the time when i lose/die, It's not because i was a weak person, It's because how the game work, just to give you an idea, Dota was a 5 v 5 game where you lose if you get bad teammates, this only opens a big door of probabilities against you. therefore you feel like loosing but it's not your fault, where in mordhau at least for now, everything is up to you, either you will cherish and praise yourself or you will ask your inner mind to git gud and move on.

When i heared about Mordhau's coming by i decided to give it a try since i heared there was a game called chiv2 with veteran players etc ... knowing i played chiv2 for like 50 hours i decided to challenge my self and join Mordhau, back then i didn't even know what a drag/accel is, but i still insisted to test my self and find an excuse to leave Dota 2 behind since it was ruining my life with enormous playtime that doesn't look to drop anytime soon.

First week i enjoyed playing Frontline and when i learned the basics i jumped into duel servers, It took me around 150 hours of total game time to learn fairly complex mechanics such as swing manipulation aswell as a good footwork, It's because was trying hard, i focused for at least 2hours/a day fighting people who are better than me, asking them to teach me a move or two, until i reached a certain skill level when i could kill litterally everyone i encounter at least once including veteran players who are practically invincible, this doesn't mean they didn't shit on mem of course they did but i was learning something and i didn't get upset and quit, because i felt improving and knowing i'm a very competitive player i kept on this ratio until i reached level 48, with around 200 hours of total play time i managed to join the advanced player base who also shit on 90% duel server players.

And yes i have a job, i'm a software engineer with at least 8h/day of work.

32 22
  • 23 Jul
 Layla

@FΞNIX said:
If you think Mordhau's skillcap is unfair and requires enormous dedication time (by enormous i mean you can't have a job and play the game).
People have different learning skills and abilities, some learn fast and some learn slow.

In my opinion you are a casual player, why ? Because you either learn slow or you don't have the competitive mindset, Therefore casual players aren't dedicated to duel servers in mordhau, either enjoy frontline / other mods or just leave Mordhau behind.

Before playing Mordhau i was playing a game called Dota 2, If you never heared/played the game, it's the most cancerous community aswell as an insane skillcap far larger than Mordhau's, where you spend at least 100 hours to learn basics of the MOBA dota genre, i ended up spending 6000 hours into that game which i considered a waste of my life, Why ? because i didn't enjoy the learning curve, i spent my time getting mad most of the time when i lose/die, It's not because i was a weak person, It's because how the game work, just to give you an idea, Dota was a 5 v 5 game where you lose if you get bad teammates, this only opens a big door of probabilities against you. therefore you feel like loosing but it's not your fault, where in mordhau at least for now, everything is up to you, either you will cherish and praise yourself or you will ask your inner mind to git gud and move on.

When i heared about Mordhau's coming by i decided to give it a try since i heared there was a game called chiv2 with veteran players etc ... knowing i played chiv2 for like 50 hours i decided to challenge my self and join Mordhau, back then i didn't even know what a drag/accel is, but i still insisted to test my self and find an excuse to leave Dota 2 behind since it was ruining my life with enormous playtime that doesn't look to drop anytime soon.

First week i enjoyed playing Frontline and when i learned the basics i jumped into duel servers, It took me around 150 hours of total game time to learn fairly complex mechanics such as swing manipulation aswell as a good footwork, But i was trying hard, i focused for at least 2hours/a day fighting people who are better than me, asking them to teach me a move or two, until i reached a certain skill level when i could kill litterally everyone i encounter at least once including veteran players who are practically invincible, this doesn't mean they didn't shit on mem of course they did but i was learning something and i didn't get upset and quit, because i felt improving and knowing i'm a very competitive player i kept on this ratio until i reached level 48, with around 200 hours of total play time i managed to join the advanced player base who also shit on 90% duel server players.

Too bad all that time is gonna be wasted since the game is dying fast.

30 20
  • 23 Jul
 FΞNIX

@Layla said:

@FΞNIX said:

First week i enjoyed playing Frontline and when i learned the basics i jumped into duel servers, It took me around 150 hours of total game time to learn fairly complex mechanics such as swing manipulation aswell as a good footwork, But i was trying hard, i focused for at least 2hours/a day fighting people who are better than me, asking them to teach me a move or two, until i reached a certain skill level when i could kill litterally everyone i encounter at least once including veteran players who are practically invincible, this doesn't mean they didn't shit on mem of course they did but i was learning something and i didn't get upset and quit, because i felt improving and knowing i'm a very competitive player i kept on this ratio until i reached level 48, with around 200 hours of total play time i managed to join the advanced player base who also shit on 90% duel server players.

The only thing i feel bad about is the time i spent writing my explanation for you, while your poor comment is barely visible.
I personally i prefer 6000 active player base than having pansexualing players with a pink hair complaining about their pans not having zwei's reach.
It's simple this game is for competitive players, It's not dying.
Why 6000 players active ? It's because there is a limit amout of competitive players in this planet, and it's the minority, the other people can't compete or just doesn't find the game suitable for them.
Update : I apologise if i'm being rude, i'm still having some communication difficulties since i left Dota 2.

32 22
  • 23 Jul
 Layla

@FΞNIX said:

@Layla said:

@FΞNIX said:

The only thing i feel bad about is the time i spent writing my explanation for you, while your poor comment is barely visible.
I personally i prefer 6000 active player base than having pansexualing players with a pink hair complaining about their pans not having zwei's reach.
It's simple this game is for competitive players, It's not dying.
Why 6000 players active ? It's because there is a limit amout of competitive players in this planet, and it's the minority, the other people can't compete or just doesn't find the game suitable for them.
Update : I apologise if i'm being rude, i'm still having some communication difficulties since i left Dota 2.

Soon it will be less than 5k and so on.

Compete on what?, on who looks more spastic and ridiculous?, who can pull the more BS ballerina spastic dances?, game is terribly broken beyond belief is not even worth tryin to learn this crap this is why people leave.

178 165
  • 23 Jul
 Unlikely

So @Layla, you no longer play the game, and your role here is...what? Making the remaining players unhappy that they still play the game? Making the devs unhappy to be working on it?

32 22
  • 23 Jul
 Layla

@Unlikely said:
So @Layla, you no longer play the game, and your role here is...what? Making the remaining players unhappy that they still play the game? Making the devs unhappy to be working on it?

Yes.

30 20
  • 23 Jul
 FΞNIX

@Layla said:

@Unlikely said:

Yes.

At least you're honest, But i still think you're wasting your time here, most of the players here are grown ups physically not mentally ofcourse, therefore they can manage to take decisions on their own so once they chose to play the game it's none of your business, you tried to enlighten them by making this silly thread, but it should stop here. Have a nice day Layla.

Unless if TornBanner hired you.

(I just reviewed all of your comments and they were all silly and full of hatred towards this game)

32 22
  • 23 Jul
 Layla

It is more fun to make fun of the game and the playerbase than to play the game that is how bad is the state of the game.

274 320
  • 23 Jul
 DrGert

@Layla said:
that is how bad is the state of the game.

And I think it’s fun to ridicule people who post grammatically incorrect statements. So please, stick around.

30 20
  • 23 Jul
 FΞNIX

Alright if we go by your logic which says :

@Layla said:
It is more fun to make fun of the game and the playerbase than to play the game that is how bad is the state of the game.

And considering the current playerbase is at around 6k, bring me at least 6k or more people who enjoy making fun if the game and it's playerbase, if not .... then by mere logic we can clearly conclude that playing the game is more fun, because most people who make fun of a game in general tend to suck at playing it, to avoid feeling the guilt of been bad they tend blame the game instead and this is due to the lake of self awareness, i don't blame you Layla for thinking this way but this doesn't mean your argument is valid.

295 235
  • 23 Jul
 LoPan

@esturias said:

@Guard12082c34e08e494c said:
The game isn't dying. Its the fact that people that buy the game get turned off quickly because of its difficulty and high skillcap. [...] They just refuse to spend a minimum of 100 hours in order to "git gud"(average "gud") and would rather play a brainless shooter [...].

Mordhau is difficult. It takes dedication. The people that quit are the ones that aren't serious, so no, the game isn't dying. Its just hard. This is the sign of a real, proper game. Difficulty is something people have forgotten is a natural part of life.

Also people nowadays are pussies. Enough said

You forget that there are also people who have a life. And other hobbies. Those who don't want to play a game as if it was a job and would consider 100 hours to be quite a lot already. The devs failed to give those a proper way of finding into the game.
You also forget that the game has lots and lots of issues concerning bugs, glitches and balance and that it started with very little content. That's also a major reason why players leave.

Ah the go to excuse for being bad at a game....

Everyone else must be a fat nerd w no social life.

30 20
  • 23 Jul
 FΞNIX

@DrGert said:

@Layla said:

And I think it’s fun to ridicule people who post grammatically incorrect statements. So please, stick around.

The title itself is wrong, "KEEPS DYING" ... Death is a property that happens once in a life time of an object.

110 62

Doing something, anything at this stage would be good, a long as it isn't another crossroads.
Poor content is a game killer.

110 62

@Antoniokontos said:
back when i did COMP TF2 there was a PRECISE Meta (i think it was 2 solidiers 1 Medic 1 Demo and 2 Scouts) and if you dident play that you lost 75% of the time Mordhau doesn't have that a Untrained novice can kill a Maul god by getting a lucky hit or a master Duelist can easily get his ass kicked in Frontline

Front line has a side meta, picking certain sides red/blue on certain maps gives you a big advantage. Needs to be addressed but based upon the last balance of the maps, doesn't look that great. They seem to not test maps, leave it to the players who then get a bad experience, uninstall, game dying.

32 22
  • 24 Jul
 Layla

@FΞNIX said:
Alright if we go by your logic which says :

@Layla said:

And considering the current playerbase is at around 6k, bring me at least 6k or more people who enjoy making fun if the game and it's playerbase, if not .... then by mere logic we can clearly conclude that playing the game is more fun, because most people who make fun of a game in general tend to suck at playing it, to avoid feeling the guilt of been bad they tend blame the game instead and this is due to the lake of self awareness, i don't blame you Layla for thinking this way but this doesn't mean your argument is valid.

Your logic is bad.

32 22
  • 24 Jul
 Layla

@DrGert said:

@Layla said:

And I get fun of you getting fun.