Mordhau

Until there is some sort of ranking system this game is unplayable

2 5
  • 22 Jul
 Splort

I'm a new player. 20 hours to date. I have rounds where I do OK but most of the time im just eating swords.. there is no chance to practice because some 5 as(*)(es at 32-10 are slaughtering me at will over and over....

then when I do get an opening and start to do OK I get run down and 1 shotted from behind by a horse.

f(k the horse and f(& the no life neck beards who ruin the game.

There needs to be an ELO system or whatever otherwise this game is garbage. Why would I subject myself to playing vs 10 players who are 25-3 laughing at me like unkillable gods while I hold down a job and have a family.

Duke 544 898
  • 22 Jul
 Goatie

Because not every game should hold your hand. Those no life neckbeards are dedicated players and developers are lucky to have them. Unlike people who can't immediately stomp without practicing and leave the game.

119 78
  • 22 Jul
 Cence

OP does have a point, the game is offering no content for new players to "catch up" as it stands right now and I think you will like that ranked matchmaking is coming with the next patch, allowing you to play with people around your skill level.

1286 3791

duel servers exist

119 78
  • 22 Jul
 Cence

@TombstoneJack said:
duel servers exist

Yeah but you never know what skill level a certain player is.

Knight 7574 13873
  • 22 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

Literally mad because bad lmao

Calm down and actually attempt to get better. Go to a duel server. Ask questions.

1 0

I was in your shoes once. I would get extremely angry at this game cause I wasn't great at it and was constantly getting thrashed every round. stick with it, do some duels, get used to a few of the weapons and how they work, eventually you'll have the mechanics down packed enough and you'll be stacking bodies too.

52 101
  • 22 Jul
 Erwinicus

@Splort said:
I hold down a job and have a family.

286.jpg

291 116

Thanks for reminding me I should shave my neck.

62 23

i was grinding on frontline with premade hunter and scoundrel untill level 4 when i buyed rapier and crosbow i mainly used crosbow and rapier as a backup but then i started using rapier more and more now i have level 35 and i use rapier dodge combo i can chamber i can marph chamber and few times i was at first place in deathmatch so i think that game gives you lost of options to learn and become beter and beter, you say 10-32 levels are just slotering you so you have to be 10 level max did you expect to be good at game in 20 hours i was playing for 150 hours and i have still lot to learn, you are probobly dying from kicks faints chambers and morphs every player will die cuz of them but they learn, you should alwso learn

Edit: if someone if laughing cuz you lose then they are just stupid fu$%s

2 5
  • 23 Jul
 Splort

Yeah I'm learning to morph and feint effectively. I played a great deal of For Honor and I realize the learning curve is steep in this game too.

The primary game mode is frontline and getting run over and 1 shot from behind by a horse every 3 minutes and just completely run over by guys with 100s and 100s of hours played is really not motivating me.

I'm lvl 15 now but I feel as if there are often premades running around as kills are stacked on one team usually. Also people playing it like deathmatch.

There needs to be a matchmaking system as well as more penalty for not playing objectives. Often I'm on a team who is controlling the objectives more often but still eventually loses despite an early lead because the other team has 70% more kills than we do.

I dunno.. Growing pains all around I guess. Just not thrilled playing vs really good players all the time.

291 116

the other question: who are you gonna learn from in a game with only new players?
Especially when I'm new at a game I want to play with and against better players so I can spectate and learn or watch what they do to me, do the same to another shield user for example.

942 291

im sorry but i like the fact there inset a ranking system you get to see the New and the no lives battle together ive learned from people way better than me more than someone same level or below mind you i love being able to hold my own but learning how to read players who have a thousand Hours of play as well as how to predict Feigns from Feign gods, makes you a better player in the long run, those who had the benefit of playing beta will typically have more expertise than some one starting the game now. one thing i can say is after a few hours i realized that you shouldn't hide behind shields so i started learning how to play Longsword i now have mastered Chambering the Battleaxe with Longsword but then i started watching people play with the Zweihänder so i gave it a shot and learned to survive as a 1/1/1 armor user now im back to full 3/3/3 with a Longsword and occasional Maul or even the Pole Axe some times pulling 43-13 my self but some times even when i feel im getting to be amazing at the game that one shorts no shoes Plumed armet guy with bloodlust and a maul comes over and shows me that i have more to learn. Thats what makes this game work in my Opinion the skill of the game is to learn more and more eventually annoyances like Shields become easy and spears just a cordial Dance

62 23

you get hit by horse cuz you walk on the horse track its unspoken track that all horse players follow when they dont think and just ride its like this one path they always ride

Mercenary 2184 3898

Don't go "GaEm is bAD" at 20 hours lmao
my first 200 hours in alpha was pure pain thanks to the AlphaBois

Mordhau is a hard game until spare some time to learn whats what. Once you grasp the basics and timings, talk with people on duel servers etc. to get to next level (drags, accels Morphs etc. whatevers out there)

Just have fun, you will hit a point where you even enjoy dying if you know why. Its not fun to die when you don't understand why or how you died m'dude

long story short, git gud

34 37

@Goatie said:
Because not every game should hold your hand. Those no life neckbeards are dedicated players and developers are lucky to have them. Unlike people who can't immediately stomp without practicing and leave the game.

Why do people keep saying that like it's some point of pride? This game will end up with 500 neckbeards interfighting if there is no ranked matchmaking for all the major game modes. You sound like you want this to happen.

42 51
  • 23 Jul
 PartyClass

Devs are working on it, I don't know what you're trying to solve with this thread.

Mercenary 2184 3898

@KonyHawkProSlaver said:

@Goatie said:

Why do people keep saying that like it's some point of pride? This game will end up with 500 neckbeards interfighting if there is no ranked matchmaking for all the major game modes. You sound like you want this to happen.

OP talks about as if ranked MM will make his attacks better, it will not if he won't try to get better. Everyone sucks at some point that is more likely about time spent in game than the matchmaking. He has 20 hours only, pls. His problem isn't with matchmaking imho.

And before someone else gets triggered, this doesn't mean I dont want ranked MM lol, just don't confuse apples and burgers

119 78
  • 23 Jul
 Cence

@EruTheTeapot said:

@KonyHawkProSlaver said:

@Goatie said:

OP talks about as if ranked MM will make his attacks better, it will not if he won't try to get better. Everyone sucks at some point that is more likely about time spent in game than the matchmaking. He has 20 hours only, pls. His problem isn't with matchmaking imho.

Not everyone can put 3+ hours a day into a videogame everyday to "get better". He just wants to play, enjoy his time and not get stomped in duel servers to maybe some day become good at the game.

Ranked mode will literally fix this by allowing bronze to play with bronze.

Duke 544 898
  • 24 Jul
 Goatie

I've taught people an hour a WEEK who are now better then most noobs. It's not the time you put in, it's how you use your time. With most people they want to skip duels and asking questions like they are going to become a god out of nowhere. I've even made friends by teaching people so it's one aspect of the game I like.