Mordhau

Shields need a bigger drawback.

274 320
  • 23 Jul
 DrGert

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:

@Guard12082c34e08e494c said:
You're so tilted m8. If the opponent isn't a "braindead autist" then I'm pretty sure he'd still destroy you without a shield.
LOL nailed it!

As much time as lazy spends under the "bridge" on these forums I think any1 could destroy him as he lives here and cant get much play time in.

2handed meta loving fan boys are just mad cause they have to swing their 12 ft zweicopter more than once at a shield user and cant cut them down in 1 hit like they can everything else...

Are you claiming that zweihanders 1 shot everything but shields? You are delusional.

Would you care to post your Loadout here? I’m truly curious to see what the Loadout and level is of the forums biggest anti 2 hander advocate.

26 17
  • 24 Jul
 Nauht

@Guard12082c34e08e494c said:
Shields are fine, literally, l2p and "git gud". This is coming from a lvl 30 player that doesn't even use shields that often.

Writes thesis on shield play, responds to shield criticism with essays.
Uh-huh. Sure buddy.. you don't play shields "that often".. your altruism is shining through. White Knight right?

942 293

tbh Zweihanders,Halberds and spears sacrifice many things to be equipped , once in a wile you'll see a 3/3/3 with one who may have bloodlust and shortsword and took it from a corpse or just someone who picked it up cause they got disarmed

243 139

@ToLazy4Name said:
I truly do not comprehend how you people think they are fine in their current state. Do you not care that they invalidate an extremely large portion of the game's combat mechanics? Is it not an issue to you that dragging, morphing, feinting, or any other mechanic that is related to timing a parry properly is just completely pointless?

No, that doesn't bother me one bit, because, like the post below mine said; there are several OTHER advantages you can make use of against shield users, that, if you know how to make use of them, are much more effective than trying to bait a shield user with feints, parries and dragging (which, dragging is not exactly true btw... its definitely possible to pull off a drag against a shield user, and i don't really understand how you got "parry" pushed in there, since a shield user doesn't exactly lessen his opponents ability to parry)

243 139

@LoPan said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
how about you shut the fuck up, shields are already weak beyond measure and you will learn that once you get above level 20 ffs

why don't you just make a thread called "delete shields pls" because that's where we'll end up eventually if the devs keep nerfing shields.

You got BIG mad lol.

Shields are a crutch. Luckily only trash players use them so they aren’t rly a problem.

then what are you people crying about?
it seems to me that this socalled crutch beats your glorious zweihander, and so you are in fact the one who is mad; hence this thread.

1064 1698

Shield HAS to have held parry to be useful as a soft archer counter and a tool for pushing FL objectives.

But shield parry box is so massive that morphing, feinting and dragging is very hard to use against a shield and useless unless used by an already very skilled player. The only way a noob can break a shield is by kicking it.

Kickstun is a very short sighted measure as kicking only works when ganking an outnumbered shield user from a group... but a shield user fighting with a group is relatively immune to kick stun, stamina warfare AND morphs/feints/drags. Kick stun is rarely used in a high level duel... only shuts down beginner shield users in a duel setting... until they learn to back step.

Shields need to have a much smaller parry box (and a buff to stamina or point cost) so that they can remain useful to pushing objectives, duels and 1vX while having the trade off of requiring reasonably accurate parries to be useful. BAM. Shields now require skill again and are still useful to beginners. They no longer become cancer in ganks or when paired with rapier/messer/short spear and have a weakness applicable in any setting.

Kick stun must go as it's only applicable in certain scenarios and makes a shield useless in 1vX.

Knight 52 64
  • 24 Jul
 fmay2123

how about making the parry lockout in between parries the same as with a normal weapon? This would not remove the held parry, but would make it easier to punish a player for messing up a block.

Sellsword 681 2146
  • 25 Jul
 Goof

Shields just need a revert back to their previous state in alpha where the hitboxes for shields were tight and the shield actually had to come in contact with the weapon to block.

Imo this was the best that the shields had ever been. You actually had to follow the weapon to block it.

It was almost like... actually using a shield.

1064 1698

@Goof said:
Shields just need a revert back to their previous state in alpha where the hitboxes for shields were tight and the shield actually had to come in contact with the weapon to block.

Imo this was the best that the shields had ever been. You actually had to follow the weapon to block it.

It was almost like... actually using a shield.

YES PLEASE THANKYOU

Patch 14/15 shields were the best shields ever were.

132 48
  • 26 Jul
 Highlander

@LoPan said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
how about you shut the fuck up, shields are already weak beyond measure and you will learn that once you get above level 20 ffs

why don't you just make a thread called "delete shields pls" because that's where we'll end up eventually if the devs keep nerfing shields.

You got BIG mad lol.

Shields are a crutch. Luckily only trash players use them so they aren’t rly a problem.

Sorry for wanting to actually have a chance against multiple players on frontlines, suck me fgt

Knight 7590 13879
  • 26 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@Highlander said:

@LoPan said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

You got BIG mad lol.

Sorry for wanting to actually have a chance against multiple players on frontlines, suck me fgt

Shields don't help you in 1vX unless your only strat is to back up into your team and hope the enemy doesn't know how to press f lmao

1064 1698

Shields in 1vX get me kick stunned when I try to be aggressive and fight multiple opponents like I would without a shield. Kick stun forces shields to have to hide behind team mates and take cheap shots. Which is why shields are often paired with cheap shot weapons like rapier/shortspear.

Baroness 19 87
  • 26 Jul
 Kreittis

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:
12 ft zwei

the-real-warmoron.jpg

Can't believe you are still triggered by two handed swords after all this time. You were ranting about them back in Chivalry days too and then you made a mod where all vanguard swords were shorter and archers had rapid fire.

Unbelievable.

132 48
  • 26 Jul
 Highlander

Shields don't help you in 1vX unless your only strat is to back up into your team and hope the enemy doesn't know how to press f lmao

Thankfully most don’t know to press f and get overly cocky for the free kill when trying to gank me, and a kick is a lot harder to land if you only raise your shield for an incoming blow instead of just holding it and being a gay ass turtle

34 14

How to counter shields 101: feint then kick

When shields horde up it's pretty hard but 1v1 isn't a big deal. Niggas that are bitchin need to GIT GUD.

942 293

i used a shield when i started to block arrows now i use a maul just for the sound it makes when you get a kill