Mordhau

Armor we want to see in Mordhau. (Looking for Clothes,Light,Medium armor)

Count 29 153
  • 8 Jun '17
 Eric_the_Legend

All right, let's get back to the armor
What's the best way to counter the stupid fantasy trope of boob-plate? Why authentic Medieval depictions of women in armor of course!
Amazonians.jpg
These are actually supposed to Amazonians, as you can see they are wearing very typical looking armor.
Amazon2.jpg
Another image from the same manuscript, which was actually written by a woman interestingly enough. From what I gather, the book itself is a collection of mythology, but I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to be a depiction of.

Fighitng.jpg
NoContext.jpg
SaintMary.jpg
For these, I unfortunately have no context. I believe the last one is meant to be a saint. Still, they all wear normal-looking armor

Very Rough.png
When this subject was first brought up, I immediately thought of one picture (drawing/etching/painting... whatever it was) that had two women, both wearing bascinets dueling each other. I distinctly remember one wielding a swordbreaker. Unfortunately, despite my efforts to search every possible word combination that might be related to the image I found nothing, and none of the books I thought I might have seen it in had it. So all I have is this very rough "sketch" I made in MS Paint in like 20 seconds to give an idea of what I was thinking of; hopefully someone can find it. That being said let's look at some more armor

Jupon.jpg
Jupon2.jpg
JuponThing.jpg
Best I can tell, these things are called "jupons", and may or may not have been padded. I like them because it's a unique looking way of wearing things over armor that isn't fur, a surcoat, or a tabard.

Commoners1.jpg
Commoners2.jpg
Jack chains.jpg
Common soldiers, because fancy gilded plate is overrated. I'm posting that last picture again because I really like it.

Scale Fauld.jpg
Scale Fauld2.jpg
Something different, scale faulds; the above image also has scale sabatons

ScaleG.jpg
ScaleGloves.png
On the subject of scale, and the recent revelation that mittens are apparently a thing in Mordhau now(?). Scale mittens! I plan on posting more typical examples soon-ish

HoboSabatons.png
Better Image of hobo sabatons from the battle of Visby. Good for protecting your little toes from the oppressive gentry

Pattens.PNG
On the other side of the coin you have pattens, if you don't want to step in peasant guts. Or mud. Either or.

Gallery of Armor.jpg
We've got a nice little gallery here of various armor types. Notice how our friend in the scale fauld actually has a prosthetic leg. (Reward for getting your leg chopped off X amount of times maybe?)

The rest of these pictures are of medieval clothing for various sorts of individuals
Clothes1.jpg
clothes2.jpg
Clothes3.jpg
Clothes4.jpg
Clothes5.jpg
Clothes6.jpg
Clothes7.jpg

Count 4205 9820
  • 8 Jun '17
 DerFurst

@Eric_the_Legend said:
snip

Thank you for your well thought out post. Yes, the whole notion of female armor is ridiculous, because armor is meant to be armor, and is shaped the way it is because it gives the most protection. Boob armor would be counterproductive.

Women generally weren't in battles, and most of the drawings you see of them were either in mythological stories, like that of the Amazonians, or in satirical pictures. It certainly wasn't normal, but statistically it was bound to have happened sometime in history for real. The way medieval artists differentiated the women from the men in these pictures was to make them wear more dress-like clothes on top of the armor, which defines them as feminine, without compromising protection (though it is a tripping hazard).

59 52
  • 8 Jun '17
 Matthew

Still waiting on confirmation of the outfits (especially the hat) of Doppelsöldners .

49eb85c88abc28708eba4776edfe047c.jpg

Duchess 6892 9862
  • 8 Jun '17
 Sir Zombie

The sword will be in the game.

Conscript 1394 2153
  • 8 Jun '17
 Smeelio

I love me some flamberge eggs

160 159
  • 8 Jun '17
 CrimsonKiller

@Some fucking peasant said:
58fe9ad8a83fd4ce31f9048bb9d7e6b9.jpg

1442385662992.jpg

Those scale sabatons make me horny

Duke 2266 4010
  • 8 Jun '17
 Huggles

@Humble Staff said:
if you watch closely the armor designs in the raw gameplay video, you will see a few of plate armored women, their voices hardly sound femenine but the armor clearly indicates that they are women. We don't really need boob armor or any other thing that screams "GIIIIIRL" in other people's faces. Any way in my opinion, the sex of your character is pretty much irrelevant.

I didn't even notice tbh.

Duchess 6892 9862
  • 9 Jun '17
 Sir Zombie

@Huggles said:

@Humble Staff said:
if you watch closely the armor designs in the raw gameplay video, you will see a few of plate armored women, their voices hardly sound femenine but the armor clearly indicates that they are women. We don't really need boob armor or any other thing that screams "GIIIIIRL" in other people's faces. Any way in my opinion, the sex of your character is pretty much irrelevant.

I didn't even notice tbh.

But now that you mentioned it, it totally broke my immersion.

Knight 246 1082
  • 9 Jun '17
 Corsario

@Matthew said:
Still waiting on confirmation of the outfits (especially the hat) of Doppelsöldners .

This question has already been discussed in previous posts. They are a very controversial figure (as happens with the Polish Hussars) due to their flamboyant appearance and their time location (early, but also mid and late-renaissance era participating in completely different warfare methods of the modern era such as the pike and arquebus formations of the Habsburg wars).

The devs left a window open for the incorporation of early renaissance stuff such as the Landsknecht (the first companies dating from the 1480s), but I think the extravagant clothing can break the harmony with other less eye-catchy pieces of armour which are reminiscent of the medieval era. Imagine archers or guys with flails wearing these feathered hats against vikings wearing facial or nose guarded helmets... we are all doing an exercise to let realism on a dampered level in favour of freedom and gameplay, but this would be too much as happened with Chivalry taking the fantasy road.

59 52
  • 9 Jun '17
 Matthew

@Corsario said:

@Matthew said:

This question has already been discussed in previous posts. They are a very controversial figure (as happens with the Polish Hussars) due to their flamboyant appearance and their time location (early, but also mid and late-renaissance era participating in completely different warfare methods of the modern era such as the pike and arquebus formations of the Habsburg wars).

The devs left a window open for the incorporation of early renaissance stuff such as the Landsknecht (the first companies dating from the 1480s), but I think the extravagant clothing can break the harmony with other less eye-catchy pieces of armour which are reminiscent of the medieval era. Imagine archers or guys with flails wearing these feathered hats against vikings wearing facial or nose guarded helmets... we are all doing an exercise to let realism on a dampered level in favour of freedom and gameplay, but this would be too much as happened with Chivalry taking the fantasy road.

Thanks for the response. I respect that reasoning. Sorry I missed the earlier information that was discussed in the past.

Mercenary 2551 4570
  • 9 Jun '17
 SIEGE

Man those Germans are always ruining everything

3234 4261
  • 9 Jun '17
 Havoc

@SIEGE said:
Man those Germans are always ruining everything

Yeah, they ruined the holocaust. Stupid germans.

King 2430 3414

@BurritoWarrior said:
TIT ARMOUR DID NOT EXIST

STOP ROLEPLAYING

batnipsarmor.jpg

Knight 4114 4389
Conscript 1394 2153
  • 9 Jun '17
 Smeelio

So what should I wear if I want to protect my boobs?

3234 4261
  • 9 Jun '17
 Havoc

@Smeelio said:
So what should I wear if I want to protect my boobs?

No titty armor

Sellsword 2 0
  • 9 Jun '17
 KamiH

Jack chains Plox

Baron 26 10
Knight 3137 7316
3234 4261
  • 9 Jun '17
 Havoc

@DarkLandsknecht said:
Skeleton helmet.jpg