Mordhau

Mordhau Development Update - July

13 13
  • 23 Jul
 Maczeti

@pinkdontstink said:
Ummm... Fix Arrow Blocking!!! being able to block arrows is rediculous. At least let them do some damage if they were to hit. You should not be able to block incoming projectiles. Its hard enough to get the hit as it is. You should make arrows unblockable. If they hit armour, mitigate the damage some if necessary but dont make them blockable thats just asinine.

It's not so hard to hit if you have some practice. The bloking is ok. I would rather add flinch, because it is a little bit unfair when you hit someone with an arrow and it does not flinch.

7 1
  • 24 Jul
 ÆĐev

So.. is the ranked mode going to be hosted on only sydney servers? makes playing a game like this very difficult for people living outside of sydney. 68+ ping is too high to react to everything the way you should be. and it quite frankly will straight up put me off the ranked mode if its only in syd. When are we going to see official perth servers or just more WA servers in general? Its frustrating playing on eastern state servers where you get hit by the stupidest shit. and some accels are nearly unreadable. So are we going to see better server location for australian players outside of sydney or should we all just go fuck ourselves? :)

7 1
  • 24 Jul
 ÆĐev

@ÆĐev said:
So.. is the ranked mode going to be hosted on only sydney servers? makes playing a game like this very difficult for people living outside of sydney. 68+ ping is too high to react to everything the way you should be. and it quite frankly will straight up put me off the ranked mode if its only in syd. When are we going to see official perth servers or just more WA servers in general? Its frustrating playing on eastern state servers where you get hit by the stupidest shit. and some accels are nearly unreadable. So are we going to see better server location for australian players outside of sydney or should we all just go fuck ourselves? :)

I've tried everything to get better ping to east servers and theres nothing i can do anymore. The hit reg is dumb on anything above 60 ping. Surely there has to be a way to fix this if you cant manage to get WA servers up and running. And before someone says "oh what about m.pingextrapolationfactor" it's terrible. How are you supposed to not develop bad habbits when you play with that on? rendering the animation ahead of time but then it means people can start to feint when in release. also high ping makes weapons like the bastard sword, alt baxe or anything with similar speed literally un-reactable. its impossible unless you have nano machines in your brain giving you literal cocaine reflexes 24/7

1 2

Great community. Awesome game. Let's keep this going. Thank you developers for continuing to work. Let's work together to keep this game great and continue to improve!

Knight 3302 6767
957 303

@ToLazy4Name said:

@pinkdontstink said:
Ummm... Fix Arrow Blocking!!! being able to block arrows is rediculous. At least let them do some damage if they were to hit. You should not be able to block incoming projectiles. Its hard enough to get the hit as it is. You should make arrows unblockable. If they hit armour, mitigate the damage some if necessary but dont make them blockable thats just asinine.

Not a chance in hell lmao

wile we are at it lets just add this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLpYDQ0FSA mind you it took a few attempts but he pulls it off atleast a few times

Knight 3302 6767
  • 1
  • 24 Jul
 Bodkin

@pinkdontstink said:
Ummm... Fix Arrow Blocking!!! being able to block arrows is rediculous. At least let them do some damage if they were to hit. You should not be able to block incoming projectiles. Its hard enough to get the hit as it is. You should make arrows unblockable. If they hit armour, mitigate the damage some if necessary but dont make them blockable thats just asinine.

Archers are not underpowered vs melee. They are honestly in a pretty good spot for the most part. Only minor changes needed right now. That and making crossbow/recurve more balanced with longbow. Longbow just beats all rn

1 0
  • 24 Jul
 Hitman5446

I am having troubles with not receiving any gold or experience I know this was a issue at one point of time and was suppose to be fixed. I have had the game for about one month when i first purchased the game i had a the same problem but it stared working a few games in. I am level 23 and have a little over 10k in gold, Can someone please help or give some advice, I referred this game to a couple of friends and dont wanna give up on the game because I cant progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knight 595 2006
  • 24 Jul
 LuxCandidus

@Hitman5446 said:
I am having troubles with not receiving any gold or experience I know this was a issue at one point of time and was suppose to be fixed. I have had the game for about one month when i first purchased the game i had a the same problem but it stared working a few games in. I am level 23 and have a little over 10k in gold, Can someone please help or give some advice, I referred this game to a couple of friends and dont wanna give up on the game because I cant progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you had looked under the Bugs & Glitches section of the forum, you would have seen it is a known issue, and that you are still gaining gold but it is not being displayed correctly, and that the latest update is going to solve this.

7 0

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that you've fixed the issue with the game crashing the PC.

1 1
  • 24 Jul
 Rune

Are there gonna be ranked rewards? i'd like gladiator armour for being diamond pls.

886 657
  • 25 Jul
 esturias

@pinkdontstink said:
Ummm... Fix Arrow Blocking!!! being able to block arrows is rediculous. At least let them do some damage if they were to hit. You should not be able to block incoming projectiles. Its hard enough to get the hit as it is. You should make arrows unblockable. If they hit armour, mitigate the damage some if necessary but dont make them blockable thats just asinine.

Blocking arrows is fine. It's only usable when you have a 1vs1 between an archer and a melee player with nothing going on around them, otherwise, in a big and chaotic fight, it's rarely usable.
What they should fix instead, are those silly mali on movement speed that archers get. Players in heavy armor being faster than archer in a bit of linen and leather - THAT is ridiculous.

308 127

@ÆĐev said:
So.. is the ranked mode going to be hosted on only sydney servers? makes playing a game like this very difficult for people living outside of sydney. 68+ ping is too high to react to everything the way you should be. and it quite frankly will straight up put me off the ranked mode if its only in syd. When are we going to see official perth servers or just more WA servers in general? Its frustrating playing on eastern state servers where you get hit by the stupidest shit. and some accels are nearly unreadable. So are we going to see better server location for australian players outside of sydney or should we all just go fuck ourselves? :)

Erm... You're free to host your own servers. There are many countries in europe that have 0 servers. Thinking of Greece, Serbia, Romania...all of middle east and far east...
I think india doesn't have a server and china doesn't have one either. Russia has how many servers? 1? You know how big Russia is?
Do you expect triternion to host servers in tasmania and NZ aswell?

308 127

update when?

Knight 2262 4076
  • 26 Jul
 Runagate

@PC_Principal said:

@ÆĐev said:
So.. is the ranked mode going to be hosted on only sydney servers? makes playing a game like this very difficult for people living outside of sydney. 68+ ping is too high to react to everything the way you should be. and it quite frankly will straight up put me off the ranked mode if its only in syd. When are we going to see official perth servers or just more WA servers in general? Its frustrating playing on eastern state servers where you get hit by the stupidest shit. and some accels are nearly unreadable. So are we going to see better server location for australian players outside of sydney or should we all just go fuck ourselves? :)

Erm... You're free to host your own servers. There are many countries in europe that have 0 servers. Thinking of Greece, Serbia, Romania...all of middle east and far east...
I think india doesn't have a server and china doesn't have one either. Russia has how many servers? 1? You know how big Russia is?
Do you expect triternion to host servers in tasmania and NZ aswell?

I seriously doubt hosting your own servers for ranked will be an option

308 127

Yea I didn't think of that. Anyway, give balkan states a server first. I'm not living there. People from greece, turkey, serbia, etc etc have bad pings to europe.

2 2
  • 26 Jul
 Zer0dol

About ping spikes... It's really big disaster of Mordhau in my opiniion.
It happends even on my own dedicaded server wich is running from the same PC I use to play...
Even there ping can suddenly jump from 12 to 1000+
Real bullshit...

308 127

Sounds like master server (matchmaking queue, Server Browser) is over capacity.

2 1
  • 26 Jul
 Matsu

Any idea how to fix consolidating items error? Shit is loading non stop and even if it loads after 20 minutes, I get kicked from the server and it goes again. Getting kinda tilted cause cant even play the game