Mordhau

Mordhau Development Update - July

12 29

@Nauht said:

@IllOmens said:

@valentinbk said:
Not a fan of the horse nerf idea. They should be somewhat more powerful than regular infantry and there already are enough ways to counter them, well placed spikes, projectiles, fire bombs etc

found the cavalry main

so sorry you have to learn how to play the game now pal

Nah, don't you know - he'll say he never plays horses, a pure infantry man but that he's only looking out for the good of the game.

Nope, love playing on horses, they're a lot of fun. But also enjoy taking down horsemen when playing as infantry. Also, you both could use to chill a little bit.

1 1
  • 21 Jul
 Adeveth

laughs in Young

5 1

So, i love the sound of the new updtae but when in july is it?or am i missing somting.

604 475
  • 21 Jul
 esturias

Whoa! A life sign from the developers - vague, not very convincing but still awesome!
Can we expect this every week now?

@valentinbk said:
Nope, love playing on horses, they're a lot of fun.

But only for the statspadding riders. Not so much for the players suffering from hat balancebreaking mechanic.

291 116

Way to go! Can't wait for the new map, it looks gorgeous!
Also, good on you for improving the votekick and horse hitbox, it was really needed.

12 29

@esturias said:

@valentinbk said:
Nope, love playing on horses, they're a lot of fun.

But only for the statspadding riders. Not so much for the players suffering from hat balancebreaking mechanic.

....and as I mentioned right after that, also enjoying dealing with enemy horsemen, while on foot.

604 475
  • 21 Jul
 esturias

@valentinbk said:
....and as I mentioned right after that, also enjoying dealing with enemy horsemen, while on foot.

Doesn't change the fact that they are horribly bad balanced and that your first post sounded like you didn't notice that yet.

12 29
  • 21 Jul
 valentinbk

@esturias said:

@valentinbk said:

Doesn't change the fact that they are horribly bad balanced and that your first post sounded like you didn't notice that yet.

Nope, I just disagree. I think horses should be somewhat more powerful than infantry and you already have enough ways to counter them. I wouldn't hugely mind making horses take a bit more damage when hit, just hoping they won't make them too vulnerable.

Just voicing my opinion, eventually it's up to the devs.

604 475
  • 21 Jul
 esturias

@valentinbk said:
I think horses should be somewhat more powerful than infantry

Yes, they should. But there is a difference between powerful and balancebreaking.

2 3
  • 21 Jul
 Lenard

New maps look great . Too bad frontlines still runs like ass and theres no servers with below 90ping

1 2

I wish the Ranks were named more like old standings ranging from Knacker to Overlord so people could have titles that could be distinguishable instead of plain metal ranks. Really love these development logs none the less!!!! Can't wait for ranked!!!!

1 0

God bless you guys. Can't wait.

6 3
  • 21 Jul
 Ikki

Good work, with a small team i know your work can be hard as hell. Will be 22th of July the update? Can we expect some other cosmetic like a longsword cosmetic(is the weapon i use) or a new armor? Thanks!

King 2414 3379

Too bad king teir backing doesn't come with a hug by developer

7 4
  • 22 Jul
 Spychopat

You're awesome guys !
But honestly, i don't care if the maps are delayed, i just wish the ranked mode get released as soon as possible. I'm waiting for this for months !

Duke 60 165
  • 22 Jul
 Lumi

"Ranking system is bugged I should be higher ranked than this REEEE" in 3... 2... 1...

1 0

My body is ready

1 0
  • 22 Jul
 MagnumD

Good job guys, but could we get some more info about ranked system for example: Is it going to use classic MMR system or something else?

6 2

so when will you be able to punch with a shield or kick with ranged weapon. I know people are saying that ranged weapon user deserve to get hit if they dont swap weapon/retreat in time, but seems stupid how you cant even kick to give yourself some space

Knight 7577 13875
  • 22 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@TsumikiMiniwa said:
so when will you be able to punch with a shield or kick with ranged weapon. I know people are saying that ranged weapon user deserve to get hit if they dont swap weapon/retreat in time, but seems stupid how you cant even kick to give yourself some space

Punching with a shield used to be a thing, but the devs decided it wasn't a good idea and so they removed the feature. Not being able to kick with a ranged weapon is simply a balance thing, and while it could change I highly doubt that it will.