Mordhau

Mordhau Development Update - July

13 13
  • 20 Jul
 Maczeti

Will the rank system include seasons? How will it be implemented in the game? You will earn them only by plaing Duels or also Frontline?

1 0
  • 20 Jul
 Samjoy

Great news guys!

Cant wait to see how you implement rankeds. Afraid of afkers, trolls and boosters if those possible. Also it will be any visual appearance for highest ranks or it will be just ranks?

I would like you to enable the option to toggle off and on crosshair for throwable and ranged weapons\ballistas when switching weapons and changing the colors of teams (i know theres already teammarks but sometimes blue teammate covered in blood and close enough just get panic killed by other teammates) maybe if i can toggle blue vs greens or some other colour it will going better.

Also need more maps for frontline! :)

Thx for all ur hard work!

13 29
  • 20 Jul
 valentinbk

Not a fan of the horse nerf idea. They should be somewhat more powerful than regular infantry and there already are enough ways to counter them, well placed spikes, projectiles, fire bombs etc

Conscript 108 462

HOLY FUCKING BANANAS THANK YOU DEVS!

BEST DEVS EU

MAROX NR1

1 2

So will this new map and ranked be for this month or will they take a little longer? Since when the crossroads update happened i read that feitoria was in the finishing stages and thats 1 and a half month ago, im not trying to rush them just wondering when we’ll get it cuz im hyped

1 0

Really hope your chat filter solution is optional. I personally don't care what people say and I don't want the chat to be blurred out or all washed out and boring. Also chat filters are notriously hard to implement. They are easy to work around and have tons of false flags that can be triggered from harmless words. Words don't offend me so make it an option. I personally love the hate I get. Makes me laugh and smile so I don't wanna see it go away.

131 54
  • 20 Jul
 CarnifeX

"At the moment, development is focused more around our short-term goals ..."

very good decision, win win!

beside that, i hope you guys also add a proper unicode support for the names,
so we see our user-/player-names in-game, like we can see them on steam

best wishes

129 181
  • 20 Jul
 CatR

How will the chat filter affect enforcing rule 3 of the official server rules?

1415 1487

Probably not at all.

24 12
  • 20 Jul
 jebajlo

In my opinion, this is the best game of 2019. You are doing an amazing job, and I recommend this game to everyone. Great work! Im looking forward for new maps, and changes!

190 95

Pump out a patch for the admins please, then the sdk.
the players have gotten a shit ton of stuff and not even a fkn crumb yet for the admins.

smh

84 134
  • 20 Jul
 IllOmens

@valentinbk said:
Not a fan of the horse nerf idea. They should be somewhat more powerful than regular infantry and there already are enough ways to counter them, well placed spikes, projectiles, fire bombs etc

found the cavalry main

so sorry you have to learn how to play the game now pal

26 17
  • 20 Jul
 Nauht

@IllOmens said:

@valentinbk said:

found the cavalry main

so sorry you have to learn how to play the game now pal

Nah, don't you know - he'll say he never plays horses, a pure infantry man but that he's only looking out for the good of the game.

1 0

While horses could get a tiny tweaking, I don't think they should be nerfed too much. Most people don't care about them, that's when they start racking up kills. I like being on a horse, but I am so good at killing them as an archer. I kill 2-4 every game alone. If actually people cared to take them down, it wouldn't take too much effort.

The chat filter should be optional, but I like it, the community is more toxic and racist than League of Legends players.

147 227
  • 20 Jul
 elToroGuapo

too little toooo late

1 0
  • 21 Jul
 3tamatulg

Just to balance out those 'people' who said they're against the cavalry nerf, I want to suggest an alternate solution:
Cavalry HP reduced by 60%
Damage reduced by 70%
When you mount a horse, the game starts randomly deleting files from your Windows directory (Mac users are immune, they could use a buff).
When any player looks at a horse its legs fall off and its movespeed is reduced to zero.

What do you think, devs?

King 2425 3398

The issue was the fucky hitboxes and horses in any movement = stun tank that cancles any input and prevents another reaction for half a second

Well that and how momentum damage started up instantly so a slow trot = instea death

Let the riders actually have to use momentum properly and have to parry for once

2 1
  • 21 Jul
 JAGWired_

god i cant wait, I want Ranked so bad, good to hear that your improving the votekick abuse and the system overall, keep up the great work !

13 50

Everything is looking quite awesome bro. But the thing I (along with many other peers) am wondering is how do you plan on increasing the racism? I personally want epic amounts of racism (when picking a race I want to be able to set stereotypical racial features, so the killing is nice and comfortably personal).

I absolutely love you guys for listening to your community and knowing what we want, and the fact that you are taking the issue of no racism seriously is quite honestly, freaking excellent.

To accompany the racism-oriented additions (don't tell me about them, I want to be surprised!), please add a whip. It will add to the racist cosplay that I and many other peers will be practicing. It doesn't even have to be balanced. They can be 1 point and for peasants.

Alright stay awesome my dudes!

A side-note, Grad is a wonderful map but it needs some optimization for when you are on the castle walls in frontlines. There is too much in the distance to render that isn't even in the play area, so that might be something to consider.