Mordhau

Mordhau Development Update - July

197 390

considering how large and detailed these maps are, in contrast to the smaller maps, could there be a way of setting graphics profiles which are easy to switch between.

for example on large 64p maps i have to go to 720p, half resolution scale, lowering settings etc.
but in a smaller map with say 16p, i can go 1080p full, high graphics.

i would like to switch without manually changing each setting every time if thats possible. also is there any information on further CPU optimisation, or are we finished with that?

3 21
King 2425 3397

Was wanting to remove horse stun flintch but reducing its hitbox massively would help,

Also bear traps from allies / team to have a marker above it would be great

Oh and change crossroads, full rework it to an expanded fort ruins with symetrical sides and spawns as well as making it a dedicated king of the hill mode

Any words on capture the flag with flags that either adopt team color or emblem of the holder? And can use flags as weapons?

1 0

Nice, looking good with a lot of new content, I have one question though. Are the performance issues being looked into as well?

Duke 27 47
  • 19 Jul
 Kain

epic

119 78
  • 19 Jul
 Cence

Amazing, more of these dev blogs please!

13 5

About the client-side chat filter thing...
Does that mean people get to choose if they want to see that stuff in chat?
Some are bothered with it, others not so much... So I'd prefer to have a choice whether I get to see it or not.
In my case, this doesn't bother me at all and I'd rather have an unfiltered chat on my side without censored words, regardless of what they may be...

2 0
  • 19 Jul
 MoSherif

Oh, can you start supporting earlier CPUs and GPUs for God's sake? please!

Knight 7646 14035
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@ACommunistCat said:

Yes. Client side means it's on the side of the individual client, which is the player.

58 129
  • 19 Jul
 Quadsword

@ACommunistCat said:
Some are bothered with it, others not so much... So I'd prefer to have a choice whether I get to see it or not.
In my case, this doesn't bother me at all and I'd rather have an unfiltered chat on my side without censored words, regardless of what they may be...

If I start seeing curse words, threats, and racial slurs thrown my way, I know I'm doing something right.

I wish I had a full chat log from the last crossroads match I played. I played a dedicated horse killer with billhook and toolbox. The enemy team got so angry at me they literally had every single one of their cavalry trying to kill me all at once. They failed and I racked up a nice body count. My goodness, the outpouring of salt from that game chat was a sight to behold.

3 0
  • 19 Jul
 Journey

Well... a lot of good here, no doubt. Great even. I like how you pinpoint the problem with horses very well and im happy you want to fix it while keeping them powerful

But i kind of don't feel any interest in a ranked mode as long as the balance is so heavily tipped towards long weapons, even when only one of them is affecting duel servers much. Frontline gets ruined by the overabundance of spears, halberds and zweis and its not enjoyable in the least. Mauls become more and more of a problem too, and while this is still caused by increasing skills of players, its a oneshot weapon that is to easily abusable.

Still glad about the other fixes, but you should probably focus on more then the few "pro players" you are observing. The majority isn't part of that and duel isn't the main mode either.

Knight 2 7
  • 19 Jul
 Sketch

Still no news about RCON. Guys, there are communities with quite a lot servers and we want to ban people with a single command, not by travelling from server to server and repeatedly executing the same command again and again.

Knight 1815 2219
  • 19 Jul
 Void

@Sketch said:
Still no news about RCON. Guys, there are communities with quite a lot servers and we want to ban people with a single command, not by travelling from server to server and repeatedly executing the same command again and again.

I have info that this will be fixed soon.

Baron 1601 5082
190 95

good news
but not even a crumb for the admins yet?

At least fix the idle kick from not being able to be turned off,
some more ini settings that work something...

King 2425 3397

We still need scrollable scoreboard and be able to rightclick names like we can chat for it, be able to invite to party, or report, or add friend or view profile

Knight 26 32
  • 19 Jul
 Korendil

Brighter maps akin to grad!? YAY! Was getting sick of the sunset darkened clustermaps like Crossroads & Taiga.

Very excited about the other upcoming stuff too. Hype is returning.

13 25
  • 19 Jul
 Timkoe

Sounds decent! Keep up the great work!

1 0

Please fix lvls it says in matches and in the lobby that im lvl 35 im really like lvl 50 something. I believe My lvl reset after the crossroads update. Thanks.