Mordhau Development Update - July

King 2430 3414

Prioritze communications and moderating
Prioritize fixes then adjusting maps and modes to be playable and balances

THEN patchie (new content)

27 12
  • 21 Aug
 jebajlo

Resolve ping issue, this is main problem in game, in my opinion.

161 62
  • 21 Aug
 CarnifeX

@NoYou said:
Fuck you devs. Fuck you.

I fully understand your "opinion".

16 8
  • 22 Aug
 Elyon

Game Modes
Recently, we have been hard at work on implementing ranked modes into Mordhau, as we feel it is a perfect fit for the high-skill gameplay that Mordhau brings to the table.

I do not see at all the interest of these ranks, if it's so that beginners do not get slaughtered it was enough to make servers for noobs as in Battlefield or the high ranks can not fit.

It's so much simpler and more convenient for you to do something else.

149 74
  • 22 Aug
 NoYou

@Elyon said:

Game Modes
Recently, we have been hard at work on implementing ranked modes into Mordhau, as we feel it is a perfect fit for the high-skill gameplay that Mordhau brings to the table.

I do not see at all the interest of these ranks, if it's so that beginners do not get slaughtered it was enough to make servers for noobs as in Battlefield or the high ranks can not fit.

However ranked caters also for the competitive community, whereas noob servers will only please noobs. I think ranked is great as it'll make the game a lot more enjoyable than a map or two can. It's just a pity that it's coming out most likely when school starts.

16 23
  • 22 Aug
 osanger

@Elyon said:

Game Modes

So you want something you can just log into and out and forget about instead of something to work towards, help you improve as a player while at the same time giving you a metric of where you sit competitivley in terms of skill.

Convenience and instant gratification over effort pretty much sums up the majority of the modern gaming generation, its attitudes like this that gave companies the ideas for loot boxes. You sound like one of those kids who got a prize for coming last at school sports day...........

"I do not see at all the interest of these ranks" - you may not and thats perfectly fine, however the majority of people currently playing this game are into the competitive side of dueling and skirmish are hyped about it, which is exactly why ranked mode is being implemented as well as giving the dev team an excellent tool to help balance the game.

There is plenty of interest and it is the first step in adding improvements to the game.

1550 1617

You could have made your point without blaming NoYou for everything that's wrong with modern games. Just saying.

16 8
  • 22 Aug
 Elyon

@NoYou said:
However ranked caters also for the competitive community, whereas noob servers will only please noobs. I think ranked is great as it'll make the game a lot more enjoyable than a map or two can. It's just a pity that it's coming out most likely when school starts.

You confuse competitiveness and ranks.
The first is won on the ground, the second just serves to inflate a useless egocentrism we find in the MMO.

From the moment there are servers for noobs everything else is competitive. The competition is done on the confrontations on the ground, that's what they need to improve, and not useless ranks.

For that matter ask the developers to give more power in ranks, like that you will be sure that this game will end up in the trash, like many mmo or only no-life play again.

34 32
  • 22 Aug
 Fred Dawes

Ranks serve to provide matches of equal skill for everyone, not just noobs. They also generate useful weapon matchup data that could highlight meta trends and imbalances. Ranks also allow duels to play out in an controlled environment away from trolls and other interfering duelists. It works for chess 🤷‍♂️

Also I want my diamond icon to showcase my superior dueling abilities when I pub stomp

16 23
  • 22 Aug
 osanger

@Elyon said:

@NoYou said:

You confuse competitiveness and ranks.
The first is won on the ground, the second just serves to inflate a useless egocentrism we find in the MMO.

From the moment there are servers for noobs everything else is competitive. The competition is done on the confrontations on the ground, that's what they need to improve, and not useless ranks.

For that matter ask the developers to give more power in ranks, like that you will be sure that this game will end up in the trash, like many mmo or only no-life play again.

Ok then, so how does that solve the issues of over crowded deathmatch servers where there is hardly any room to duel sometimes, how does it stop griefing of idiots running around spamming smoke bombs or ffa'ing ppl all the time (sure you can vote kick people but i would rather just get on with playing than have to spend time policing the server). How do you stop smurf accounts logging into your newb servers to fuck about and "farm the newbs" or even out the huge skill gaps that can occur with player skill that is not linked to their numerical level as their are plenty of players who are really bloody good and below lvl 30 still.............yup you guessed it.............an mmr and ranked mode!!

Dont you get that with ranked mode you will get your noob servers, because your rank will place you in one if your rank reflects that you are a newb, thats whole fucking point of it lol!!!

Even in 2k19 some gamers still like to earn shit and having something to show for it, even if it is a virtual rank and shiny badge to show off their epeen......i mean skill!!

1550 1617

Also rank-based matchmaking can add diversity. When some weird-ass builds can perform well in high ranks, it can lead to more diversity. At that point it can't be dismissed as "just good vs noobs" anymore.

2 4
  • 23 Aug
 µpùµ

Good but

• The population is decreasing more and more. I don’t think this content will hold us for another 5-6 months until a next
    update. It is not with 2 more maps that we will stay on Mordhau for 4 months.
  • Some map still have bugs. (Ex: Contraband: go through the wall with spears to get out of the map, Crossroad: Fly over
    the central tree and put a balista on it)
  • I think you should review your horde mode and especially the BR mode. There is something to do.
  • Stop bear traps from touching allies. It will eliminate a large toxic part.
  • Create a vote kik (just a key like the "5" for example) without spam.
  • Create EVENT for gold and xp (Double XP)
  • Create more realistic horses. (not a mastodonte)
  • Anothers awesome games in coming.

Its just my opinion. Thanks a lot.

4 0

@µpùµ said:

• Create a vote kik (just a key like the "5" for example) without spam.

either go into console and type PlayerList and then VoteKick and the number corresponding to the player or you can right click a name in chat and use the votekick option there

King 2430 3414

Would be nice to also get UI and menu changes like the ability to fave servers or select the catagories on server browser

Or scroll and rightclick players on scoreboard to use for things like mutes or steam profile or add friend or such

4 1
  • 24 Aug
 Kas

Any chance of us getting an August progress update?

161 62
  • 25 Aug
 CarnifeX

By far, the lousiest Developers i ever seen the last yrs...
You Guys cant excuse the actual State of the Game and the endless Shit we Players have go through, just because we didnt get Hotfixes.. you f*in cant excuse that!

fuck i regret every cent...

Knight 242 1078
  • 25 Aug
 Corsario

@CarnifeX said:
You Guys cant excuse the actual State of the Game and the endless Shit we Players have go through, just because we didnt get Hotfixes.. you f*in cant excuse that!

Is this a rehearsal for a melodrama? Come on... pull yourself together and clean your eyes! This is not a triple A studio and I'm sure devs are doing their best, granted I would prefer a more fluent communication and less enigmatic 1 month silences

83 56
  • 25 Aug
 Budd

@Corsario said:

@CarnifeX said:

Is this a rehearsal for a melodrama? Come on... pull yourself together and clean your eyes! This is not a triple A studio and I'm sure devs are doing their best, granted I would prefer a more fluent communication and less enigmatic 1 month silences

Yeah its bad but its not that bad

971 698
  • 25 Aug
 esturias

@Corsario said:

I agree that people really make too much drama, just as if they had no other content in their lifes, but the rest of your post is ironic and quite the contradiction...

350 143

@Jax said:
At the moment we're doing heavy bugfixing for ranked and a lot of the new tweaks that are incoming.
The way it's looking is that we're most likely going to drop an update with ranked, gameplay/general improvements and quality of life features first (also probably a bit of a rebalance to xroads), and then release another update relatively soon afterwards with the new maps and anything we didn't get sorted for the first one.

Our reasoning for potentially doing it this way is that there's no good reason to hold up Ranked and general improvements for the maps. As for the maps, there's been more of the same, a lot of optimization work and now we're also setting up gameplay logic (like frontline objectives, spawn points for game modes, different playable areas for each, I'm pretty sure Horde/BR setup as well). A point to note is that Feitoria needs a lot of work for optimization, since it's such a big and visually dense map with interiors and stuff - that's not to say the map will run badly, but that it needs a lot of optimization work so it doesn't run badly. This optimization work is time consuming, but it can't really be 'sped up' by throwing the whole art team at the problem; it just takes time.

As for the SDK and Invasion, these are long term goals we want to start working on ASAP. We're focusing on the short-term stuff (maps and ranked, etc.) because we realize there is a lack of content currently, and we want to fix that before starting work on the big things that will take up the bulk of our manpower. Mod tools will be awesome as they let the community make the content they want, but if it takes us a few months or more to get an SDK working it doesn't make sense to drop everything else and work on that, while the base game is sorely lacking in content. Invasion is something that is currently in the 'on-paper' design phase, and while it will be a big task to make, it shouldn't take forever, as we're most likely using existing maps for it.

Cool. Keep us updated every once in a while. There are other games we can play while waiting for your updates. Don't let your motivation be affected by low player count in steam stats please. Many people have told you the "game is dying" but I'm sure many people that played the game in earlier stages are waiting for this update and more content. I don't really care much for ranked but I'm sure many people do.
We're looking for maps and maybe a hand full of perks and of course balance and bugfixes. So your update is pretty on point.
I'll be on board again at a later point in time, but I'll never consider the game to be dead. It's just not my genre (I'm a shooter guy) and sadly you nerfed archers to death, everyone but archers gets 25 free hp on kill, no questions asked and bloodlust let's people heal after eating 2 of your arrows preventing their death on the 3rd. It's very, very unsatisfying to play archer classes in your game. Best represented by the phrase:

"Devs are still butthurt from chiv archers"

It's not mine, too lazy to find his name and quote. I think he's 100% right though, everything was done to prevent archers from being viable. The biggest issue I have with the game is still bloodlust.