Mordhau

Mordhau Development Update - July

16 23
  • 19 Aug
 osanger

Glad they understand how important it is that ranked mode needs to be implemented asap.

It also refreshing to see a team recognising those features priority and dedicating resources to make sure they are done first and communicating how and why they are taking that design philosophy.

The main problem with the game currently is not the 12yr old kids spamming the n word in chat nor that we dont have wahmens in game. Its the already huge skill gap between season'd players of this genre and the newbies. Those that start fresh on release are now hitting that lvl of skill where they think they are semi good but then they run into the 500+ hours brick wall players which for the most point nothing can really fix other that time behind your keyboards gettin gud.

Ranked mode will go a long long way to reducing this gulf and allow players with less time and patience to feel like they are progressing rather than feeling helpless, i'm one of them, i'm getting there but still a long way to go.

Then SDK/Invasion should be a nice refresher to allow so more team based gameplay which is always good as it relies far less on individual skill and more on co-op play which can only be better for the game.

Looking forward to ranked mode.

15 7

Give me Ranked mode now.

Yours truly,

Fookin Legend

32 29
  • 19 Aug
 Fred Dawes

Thanks for the update Jax. I think we all would enjoy a ranked mode that isn't broken more than a hasty buggy mess. The possibility of tracking 1v1 matchups could highlight meta imbalances.

1 0
  • 19 Aug
 ModernShoe

Please allow us to overspend points in character creator and just give an that it has too many points allotted. This way you can build a character by picking a bunch of stuff and culling the least important items.

4 1
  • 20 Aug
 Kas

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting into this. More correspondence would be nice, even if it doesnt speed up the update timelines.

9 10
  • 20 Aug
 bOMBADlL

HAVE THEY RELEASED ANYTHING YET THIS IS INSANE

83 51
  • 20 Aug
 Budd

@bOMBADlL said:
HAVE THEY RELEASED ANYTHING YET THIS IS INSANE

No :(

58 129
  • 20 Aug
 Quadsword

Ranked mode would have been good at launch when there were 60k players. Now there's less than 10% of that.

You don't have the player count to support a ranked mode anymore. Just forget about it.

King 2425 3398
3 1

do you guys have any ideas on optimizing the game for performance at all? i've seen alot of people complaining about frame drops and high ping rates, i've also had this problem, the game used to run silky smooth until just recently when it started to get frame problems. if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this other than just lowering my games setting i would like to hear them.

1 1
  • 21 Aug
 townkid

fix the game before it dies please

8 4

So why is Ranked mode so important when it only appeals to a portion of the community? How do you plan on getting back the players who wanted to play the game for the fun of it and not go full Comp mindset on the game? This only backs my theory that the game was built for Comp players and no one else. How can you even have a ranked mode if there are still issues with the core gameplay? Once again like i said in an earlier comment.. New content is not worth a damn thing unless current content works properly. I was stuck with dual servers for 2 years in alpha when i wanted to just play the game, getting repeatedly shit on by people who don't do anything else with their spare time other than play Mordhau over and over in a game i bought for casual play is beyond annoying. It was nice to have that influx of players after launch and to finally be able to play other game modes but that lasted all of maybe 2 months before player numbers dropped and the people left were Comp mindset players who came to Mordhau from Chiv after launch and very blatant smurf accounts. It honestly feels like the same shit again just with even more people.. i really hope you have something else you are pushing out to appeal to casual players if you hope to make anymore money off this game because i am sure as hell in it's current state not recommending it to anyone until then.
At this point this game to me is just an updated Chiv because the same toxcity and dumb ass combat styles and broken weapon meta's are settled in and people are taking full advantage of it. Players don't like it and they don't like seeing lack of fixes to these things either.

83 51
  • 21 Aug
 Budd

@FluffleLeSnuggleSpoot said:
So why is Ranked mode so important when it only appeals to a portion of the community?

see this guy gets it

36 24

So SOON TM is now multiple weeks?

You guys are just trolling at this point, arent you?

36 24

So why is Ranked mode so important when it only appeals to a portion of the community? How do you plan on getting back the players who wanted to play the game for the fun of it and not go full Comp mindset on the game? This only backs my theory that the game was built for Comp players and no one else. How can you even have a ranked mode if there are still issues with the core gameplay? Once again like i said in an earlier comment.. New content is not worth a damn thing unless current content works properly. I was stuck with dual servers for 2 years in alpha when i wanted to just play the game, getting repeatedly shit on by people who don't do anything else with their spare time other than play Mordhau over and over in a game i bought for casual play is beyond annoying. It was nice to have that influx of players after launch and to finally be able to player other game modes but that lasted all of maybe 2 months before player numbers dropped and the people left were Comp mindset players who came to Mordhau from Chiv after launch and very blatant smurf accounts. It honestly feels like the same shit again just with even more people.. i really hope you have something else you are pushing out to appeal to casual players if you hope to make anymore money off this game because i am sure as hell in it's current state not recommending it to anyway until then.
At this point this game to me is just an updated Chiv because the same toxcity and dumb ass combat styles and broken weapon meta's are settled in and people are taking full advantage of it. Players don't like it and they don't like seeing lack of fixes to these things either.

mad caus bad....there are "noob servers" as well..try those

83 51
  • 21 Aug
 Budd

@JORAH said:
FYI: https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/ct5vz9/patch_not_coming_until_early_to_mid_september/

By then id probably quit the game and playing GreedFall instead

5 2
  • 21 Aug
 JORAH

@Budd said:

@JORAH said:
FYI: https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/ct5vz9/patch_not_coming_until_early_to_mid_september/

By then id probably quit the game and playing GreedFall instead

Well, I'm buying GreedFall, so I'm in the same boat

146 69
  • 21 Aug
 NoYou

Fuck you devs. Fuck you.

16 23
  • 21 Aug
 osanger

So why is Ranked mode so important when it only appeals to a portion of the community? How do you plan on getting back the players who wanted to play the game for the fun of it and not go full Comp mindset on the game? This only backs my theory that the game was built for Comp players and no one else. How can you even have a ranked mode if there are still issues with the core gameplay? Once again like i said in an earlier comment.. New content is not worth a damn thing unless current content works properly. I was stuck with dual servers for 2 years in alpha when i wanted to just play the game, getting repeatedly shit on by people who don't do anything else with their spare time other than play Mordhau over and over in a game i bought for casual play is beyond annoying. It was nice to have that influx of players after launch and to finally be able to player other game modes but that lasted all of maybe 2 months before player numbers dropped and the people left were Comp mindset players who came to Mordhau from Chiv after launch and very blatant smurf accounts. It honestly feels like the same shit again just with even more people.. i really hope you have something else you are pushing out to appeal to casual players if you hope to make anymore money off this game because i am sure as hell in it's current state not recommending it to anyway until then.

Perhaps because the game is built with these core players in mind. You do realise that ranked modes main purpose is to spread out the player base and even the skill level so you are competing with mainly players of the same skill level as yourself allowing for a much better and linear learning curve/progression. It is there to eliminate the exact thing you are complaiing about, being stomped by much higher skille players with more hours than you. Ranked is also paramount in fixing the "core" issues with the game since as with all pvp based games what can seem overpowered to less skilled players, is underpowered or trivial to people of higher skill level; spam fienting and animation manipulation being good examples. The core of this game is the deep combat system, not horses not how OP firebombs are nor how annoying archers are. Frontlines combat is actually probably much more accurate to RL battle chaos than people realise, sure the maps are a problem but at its core its all about the combat, which should be addressed first, ranked mode is a major tool in fixing that.

Also how do you expect them to balance the game if they concentrate on the casual player base? You said it yourself "a game i bought for casual play" why would any business prioritise someone who comes and go's over loyal customers who turn up on a daily basis. Yes you must try to attract new people to grow, but you do that by building a solid foundation and loyal following, which gains you capital and the ability to expand with less risk of failure. The metrics needed to balance the game come from those core players, not you who logs in once in a while, so rightly so they are catering to them first, not only because they should but because it is the best way to get the correct data to allow more consise balancing across the board from ranked mode. Like i stated above it is far far easier and better to have a system where you can look at balancing across all skill levels, if something is just plain broken it will identify itself pretty much across all brackets and can be sorted; the current state of the Bastard Sword being an example.

They have already stated that they have a timeline for how and in what order they will add content to the game. They are a small team so that is of course going to take longer than normal, but it seems pretty dam logical if you look at the metrics of where the majority of the player base is currently sat server wise that they are doing the exactly the right thing to keep the game going and the modes like Invasion/SDK will come as soon as they can.