Mordhau

Mordhau Development Update - July

King 2425 3398

Can we get working servers and maps tho?

Least so its playable

2 5
  • 15 Aug
 K9

@PC_Principal said:
Well I witnessed the same outcry about development speed, communication, etc on Rust Forums so I'm used to that.
But look at where Rust is now. It's far from dead. The dev told people to leave for a while and come back after a couple months if they want to see new things. Rust still has a solid playerbase.
I wouldn't call it a dead game. That just makes you sound like a narcissist who thinks the world evolves around you. Just because you quit playing doesn't mean everyone else did.

I mean to be fair, you more or less play with the same people every day, or I do anyways lol. And half the lobbies are usually empty. Especially of crossroads wins map selection. (still don't know why people vote for it).

83 51
  • 15 Aug
 Budd

Fix your game before you add ranked thanks

1 0

This will be roads to improve to a masterpiece

58 129
  • 15 Aug
 Quadsword

@PC_Principal said:
Well I witnessed the same outcry about development speed, communication, etc on Rust Forums so I'm used to that.
But look at where Rust is now. It's far from dead. The dev told people to leave for a while and come back after a couple months if they want to see new things. Rust still has a solid playerbase.
I wouldn't call it a dead game. That just makes you sound like a narcissist who thinks the world evolves around you. Just because you quit playing doesn't mean everyone else did.

The US region is fucking dead because of their fried potato servers.

83 51
  • 15 Aug
 Budd

Whats everyones opinion on them releasing a roadmap? Would you think thats a good idea to keep people excited on what top expect than just a dark void of "anythings possible"

Duke 85 89
  • 16 Aug
 Elko

This update IS your 'roadmap'.

Also take a moment to appreciate the time Marox grants his employees for polishing their work to ship only the finest state-of-the-art medieval combat.
You don't see that happen too often nowadays anymore due to... idk, 'want it yesterday' consumer mentality possibly ;)

Keep waiting for SDK...

1417 1488

@Elko said:
This update IS your 'roadmap'.

Also take a moment to appreciate the time Marox grants his employees for polishing their work to ship only the finest state-of-the-art medieval combat.
You don't see that happen too often nowadays anymore due to... idk, 'want it yesterday' consumer mentality possibly ;)

Keep waiting for SDK...

Good thing that horses, Crossroads, Frontline in general, Horde, BR, matchmaking and server labels haven't been rushed. We are only served the finest and most polished content.

1 3

@PC_Principal said:

Idk, losing over 75% of your players in the span of a month. Losing over 90% since game release. Peek player count is dropping by the hundreds every day. If the game isn't dead yet, it's certainly getting there.

743 556
  • 16 Aug
 esturias

@SWSeriousMike said:
Good thing that horses, Crossroads, Frontline in general, Horde, BR, matchmaking and server labels haven't been rushed. We are only served the finest and most polished content.

I thought he was being sarcastic.
Otherwise it would mean that he is quite blind...

83 51
  • 17 Aug
 Budd

@PC_Principal said:

Well the thing about rust is being worked on with about a team of 25 that all have very lengthy experience in game development, with triternion here we have a 10 man team with 5 fucking artists maybe 2 coders, 1 level designer, 1 UI designer, 1 Community Manager and 1 Project Lead. Also a webmaster and admin for the forums that being "is actually seymour" and Neo.

Plus people are saying the games dead not because they stopped playing, they sure as hell are still playing it if they didn't quit but literally the game lost 83% of its playerbase in 4 fucking months dude. Thats fucking huge decline if you look at it statistically.

Rust is actually cared for by experience Developers that give out weekly updates on whats new and whats to come, they even have a fully fledged roadmap and live commits page that shows what the devs are working and implementing in real time.
People keep playing the game because it has great communication with its community.
Not having to make a blog post saying whats wrong with the game and hows its dying to have a Dev to tell us more info on the update.

Info that could've easily gone in this Dev Blog but for some ungodly reason its hidden in a Forum post because only god knows why.

294 117

@Dog3020bdccd4a144ab said:

@PC_Principal said:

Idk, losing over 75% of your players in the span of a month. Losing over 90% since game release. Peek player count is dropping by the hundreds every day. If the game isn't dead yet, it's certainly getting there.

Yea well the curve looks like 90% of other games that went early access. Nothing special. Plus we're all just waiting for the update, of course player numbers drop.

https://steamcharts.com/app/252490
In 2014, the game was deemed dead by many that bought the game on release and expected faster updates. Player numbers decreased from 50k to 10k for the better half of a year.

I just think mordhau left early access too early.
@Budd: When I played rust it was 3 devs not 25 (garry recently got himself the help of HELK and some other dude)

Duke 85 89
  • 17 Aug
 Elko

@PC_Principal said:

@Dog3020bdccd4a144ab said:

@PC_Principal said:

Yea well the curve looks like 90% of other games that went early access. Nothing special. Plus we're all just waiting for the update, of course player numbers drop.

https://steamcharts.com/app/252490
In 2014, the game was deemed dead by many that bought the game on release and expected faster updates. Player numbers decreased from 50k to 10k for the better half of a year.

I just think mordhau left early access too early.
@Budd: When I played rust it was 3 devs not 25 (garry recently got himself the help of HELK and some other dude)

Mordhau was never early access but in closed alpha (and 'beta').
For why Triternion decided to release instead of going early access eludes me.

Knight 5110 6856

Thing is simple, Triternion's comunication with us has always been like this, maybe it wasn't in the very early days of the forums where there were like 30 active people. The thing is, back then we were a few people devoted to this game and willing to give devs the time and patience to build such a colosal concept from the ground up. I mean there was a point where there were even less devs than there are now, game started with Marox all by himself.
But this comunication issue slowly gained traction as the game itself started to get more people to join this comunity and participate on it. What i'm trying to say here is that this has happened a hundred times already, with the dev blogs, with the snipets of information and art, with the Kickstarter, with most of the alpha patches, with release and now with regular patches. And that's not even mentioning the many shit shows that arised from this deffect like when alpha was first only tested by a select group of Mordhau groupies and when found out the comunity exploded, or when the dev team allowed someone to upgrade their kickstarter backing tier behind the scenes. And that's not even talking about how they have handled moderation.

What i'm trying to get to here, is that now that you guys have a mostly shaped up game, released, with big profits from it, a massively larger player base compared to those early days and someone with the role of comunity manager, the comunity uproar is just understandable. You no longer have excuses to not improve uppon your comunication. Not everyone will and should be expected to be as patient as some of the veterans here, and the veterans that misstreat the people that are not happy with this are being short sighted. Triternion never improved on this and now that they finally have the resources to do it they still fail at it. I have seen some previously passionate and understanding veterans start to give in, me included, and honestly, i have given this game and this dev team a LOT of chances in the 3 and a bit more years i have spent here. Now i'm starting to feel it's their turn to start moving.

I'm not saying game is dead, i'm not saying it's easy as "lol just hire more people", i'm not saying this game is hopelessly doomed to fail if this keeps going. All i'm saying is that Triternion has been postponing this side of game developement throughout all of its existence and if they don't do anything about it this will keep going and will happen again and again like has already happened a hundred times over, and maybe, some day everyone but a few hardcore people will say "that's fucking it" and will turn away to other games with a similar promise. Or the SDK will completely replace the dev team lol.

294 117

Maybe it's the bad reputation that many early access games have. Anyway, I'm sure they're pretty worked up, they might want or need a break soon or already have. They basically finished a game, not polished but finished. Give them a break, like literally. In German we use the term "unthankful", as customers, we should be happy there's a working game for most of us at least.
We shouldn't call the game dead since that is probably the last thing the devs like to read, especially if your comment has no trace of constructive criticism or subject matter.

To all the people who want their money back they might think twice when they see this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjgZ8AXQXxk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6gosy2_ZNw

And this isn't the only example of developers that ripped off their staff and players.

26 19
  • 17 Aug
 TheDrunkCat

Instead of blaming developers and updates for losing the player base , maybe think of the real “problem”. People are leaving because they simply don’t like the game , they can’t play it they’re not good at it , they keep dying by old chivalry try hards so they give up.
I don’t even know how many times I saw ppl complain about game being “hard” and saying “waste of money”
Maybe create noob friendly servers where only -20 lvls player can get in ?

131 54
  • 17 Aug
 CarnifeX

@TheDrunkCat said:
Instead of blaming developers and updates for losing the player base , maybe think of the real “problem”. People are leaving because they simply don’t like the game , they can’t play it they’re not good at it , they keep dying by old chivalry try hards so they give up.
I don’t even know how many times I saw ppl complain about game being “hard” and saying “waste of money”

its a good idea, but your overall opinion about the situation is just zZz or better: bullshit

26 19
  • 17 Aug
 TheDrunkCat

@CarnifeX said:

@TheDrunkCat said:

its a good idea, but your overall opini
on about the situation is just zZz or better: bullshit

Bullshit because it’s the truth you don’t like ?
I’ve seen some people compare this game to rust (comparing development and devs) on this forum lmao Rust is a game where you have to try hard to actually play the game in a full way, players with over 5k hours are still learning new things every time in a while , it’s a completely different gameplay.
On other side , mordhau , if you’re not a chivalry try hard or medieval games fan , this game will bore you in 50-100 hrs.

26 19
  • 17 Aug
 TheDrunkCat

@CarnifeX said:

@TheDrunkCat said:

its a good idea, but your overall opinion about the situation is just zZz or better: bullshit

And instead of typing bullshit like your comment when you have no idea about these type of games since you probably discovered this game this year , you should go check negative reviews on steam , every two reviews are people complaining about getting pwned by try hards bcs there is no level based matching , and other comments are people saying the gameplay is repetitive

58 129
  • 17 Aug
 Quadsword

@PC_Principal said:
Maybe it's the bad reputation that many early access games have. Anyway, I'm sure they're pretty worked up, they might want or need a break soon or already have. They basically finished a game, not polished but finished. Give them a break, like literally. In German we use the term "unthankful", as customers, we should be happy there's a working game for most of us at least.
We shouldn't call the game dead since that is probably the last thing the devs like to read, especially if your comment has no trace of constructive criticism or subject matter.

To all the people who want their money back they might think twice when they see this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjgZ8AXQXxk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6gosy2_ZNw

And this isn't the only example of developers that ripped off their staff and players.

Take that 'be thankful' bullshit and stuff it. I've had to deal with fried potato servers for 4 months now without a single acknowledgement from the developers. It would literally take a day to switch server providers, they just won't do it.