Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mordhau Development Update - July

21 9
  • 1
  • 3 Aug '19
 qbmax

@KonyHawkProSlaver said:

@LuxCandidus said:

@qbmax said:
Does anyone know if ranked is going to be exclusively 1v1's because I remember their kickstarter goal saying that ranked will include 1v1's 2v2's and 3v3's.

1v1, 3v3, and 5v5 have all been confirmed.

Source on 3v3 and 5v5 for this coming update? I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

it was one of their kickstarter stretch goals for adding ranked

"We will add a ranked mode with 1v1, 3v3 and 5v5 modes where players can climb up the competitive ladderr" or something to that effect

1 0
  • 3 Aug '19
 VashCZ

Can I set deadzone for aiming of mouse slashes? I am trying to hit from up to down but I move my mouse a little and friendly got his head executed.

34 37

@qbmax said:

@KonyHawkProSlaver said:

@LuxCandidus said:

@qbmax said:
Does anyone know if ranked is going to be exclusively 1v1's because I remember their kickstarter goal saying that ranked will include 1v1's 2v2's and 3v3's.

1v1, 3v3, and 5v5 have all been confirmed.

Source on 3v3 and 5v5 for this coming update? I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

it was one of their kickstarter stretch goals for adding ranked

"We will add a ranked mode with 1v1, 3v3 and 5v5 modes where players can climb up the competitive ladderr" or something to that effect

They also have an SDK in the kickstarter goals, but that doesn't mean we'll see one in 2019.

And there's no 5v5:
mordhau_competitive_kickstarter.PNG

8 4

New maps are cool and all same with content.. but none of that means anything unless the core of the game works. I would love to see fixes to Optimization as well as the Network side of things. I have been saying since alpha this game has input lag issues as well and i still feel they have not been addressed i have talked to other players who say they feel like it does too.

I am happy they are taking another look at swing manipulation or what we are calling drags if i am on the same page, At the current state people are able to not only Accelerate their weapons faster than what frames are picking up but i am seeing people also Decelerate a weapon so much as to make the weapon appear to have a "stop motion" look to it, by this i mean the weapon looks like it literally is stopping during the swing animation after the wind up and before the end of the attack.

Another issue is that i have been noticing quite often people are landing parries on attacks coming from directly behind them. Its like a reverse overhead from Chivalry but its a reverse parry. i am not sure how and why it happens and if its even intentional on their part but i have seen it happen quite often and i am pretty sure i have saved recordings of it.

I would love for the current weapons in the game to be reexamined to see if they are fully polished. I know there are some changes happening to certain weapons in this update but other members in this community as well as my self have noticed multiple issues with different weapons, ranges of the weapon are not matching its 3D model and in certain cases it feels like there are times a weapons damage isn't consistent with the information given in it's advanced stats table within the armory.
Horses seem to extend a weapons range when mounted. I honestly feel the game is confusing the spear for the lance while on horseback unless they are the same range and i am wrong on that it feels like the spear tip reaches target way before the weapon model even comes near.

I am sure there is much more but just wanted to touch on a couple things.

New content is great but i personally don't find it enjoyable if the core of the game and the combat mechanics are not working properly.

Keep up the great work and please don't let this game die Devs.

10 4
  • 4 Aug '19
 Ikki

@TearsForSpears said:

@WildWest said:
Plz don't touch my beautiful javelins anything but that. But really seems like ranked will be a blast and all the other changes seem cool too. One question though what mode will ranked be played in or will it be similar to csgo where each major mode has its own ranking?

I like javelins but I think they need their damage reduced slightly or cost raised by 1 point.

Javelins damage is fine, just think how it feels a javeline in the chest or in the head xD

10 4
  • 4 Aug '19
 Ikki

I would fix the fist damage for armors level 2 and 3, some people seem One Punch Man xD If you punch a plate armor you destroy your own hand.

1697 1292
  • 4 Aug '19
 esturias

@Ikki said:
Javelins damage is fine, just think how it feels a javeline in the chest or in the head xD

Do we need to tell you why that argument is complete nonsense or will you learn it yourself when you think about it for longer than 3 seconds again?

Knight 7768 14327
  • 4 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Ikki said:

@TearsForSpears said:

@WildWest said:
Plz don't touch my beautiful javelins anything but that. But really seems like ranked will be a blast and all the other changes seem cool too. One question though what mode will ranked be played in or will it be similar to csgo where each major mode has its own ranking?

I like javelins but I think they need their damage reduced slightly or cost raised by 1 point.

Javelins damage is fine, just think how it feels a javeline in the chest or in the head xD

They can 1 shot tier 2 helmets. No other weapon in the game can do that except for maul.

2021 2108
  • 4 Aug '19
 SWSeriousMike

The ogre club can. :P

10 4
  • 5 Aug '19
 Ikki

@esturias said:

@Ikki said:
Javelins damage is fine, just think how it feels a javeline in the chest or in the head xD

Do we need to tell you why that argument is complete nonsense or will you learn it yourself when you think about it for longer than 3 seconds again?

Ok, let me throw you a javelin in the chest or in the head to prove my theory. Apparently we have Ironman here.

2021 2108
  • 5 Aug '19
 SWSeriousMike

That answers the question.

1697 1292
  • 5 Aug '19
 esturias

@SWSeriousMike said:
That answers the question.

Yupp.
But hey... what would be a gaming forum without explaining the magic realm of gamebalance and realism every now and... all the time?

1 1

No news about the flail :(

2021 2108
  • 6 Aug '19
 SWSeriousMike

Flail probably won't happen ever considering every weapon is rigid (exceptions are bows).

1697 1292
  • 1
  • 6 Aug '19
 esturias

Bows are "rigid", too. They have a fixed animation.
Flails and similar weapons would require dedicated physics, otherwise they'd look stupid.

64 36
  • 6 Aug '19
 Odd

if i get elite 5 i will put it on my resume

18 29
  • 1
  • 6 Aug '19
 vector

I wonder why rankend was not made at the release . This is such an obvious thing that keeps players in game. absolutly alll best multyplaer games in our time have ranked .

i would call it a huge and a stupid mistake of devs much worse than anything else

3 0
  • 6 Aug '19
 Szavwa

Glad to hear about fire. I hope it comes with some optimization of that effect because it's one of the biggest resource hogs in the game right now. Frames drop by 10-20 every time I look at a deployed firebomb with more than 5 players in the area. Also, cloth animation seems to tear my pc a new asshole. I have to keep this on "only self" to not get micro stutters every time a character near me moves. Thinking that's an UE4 problem. i7-7700k 4.2, 1080ti fe stock, 16gb ddr4 3000

Looking forward to the update!

2 1

FOOOOOK YAAAAAAHHHHH

10 4
  • 7 Aug '19
 Ikki

Yes, hope they fix this in the update, players must play the game fluently without any problem.