Mordhau

What's your weapon of choice and why?

243 139

Greatsword

great maneuverability (drags, morphs, chambers)
great damage
great reach
good/great speed
great stamina preservation even on misses.

its called a greatsword for a great reason; its great.

942 292

@Volodymyr said:
Feather Damacus Viking. 2 [Viking Helmet], 2 Alt Chest metal, 2 rider hosen. Chain mail face looking like a slav oh bloodlust and cleaver

only Peasants use bloodlust

Knight 156 966

Arming sword / Javelins / Javelins on my light loadout - 2 / 1 / 0, Dodge and Huntsman. I like the way the arming sword feels, it's damn fast, decent damages and more polyvalent than the axe for the same amount of points. Doesn't bright much in 1vsX but hey, as a light loadout you don't want to jump into the melee anyway. I just wish I had Harpoons instead of Javelins but it works the same way.

War Axe - 2 / 2 / 2, Dodge and Friendly (because I'm a good guy), that thing looks cool, massive damages and the mobility when you swing is devastating in 1vsX.

Halberd - 3 / 3 / 0, My cavarly loadout, because fucking Crossroad. That's it. (Yeah the spear has extra range but who cares.)

942 292

anyone else use a shield as a distraction, i use one but chamber most attacks so when people go for a kick to stun i just counter the kick with a stab

243 139

@TheInuitHunter said:
Halberd - 3 / 3 / 0, My cavarly loadout, because fucking Crossroad. That's it. (Yeah the spear has extra range but who cares.)

anyone who jousts you lol.

even if you time your stabs (with a halberd) from horseback right, spear users will eventually easily counter that with a stab of their own since its longer than the halberd AND that's without considering that the spear straight up does more stab damage than a halberd does even on foot (unless perhaps, the halberdier uses mordhau grip, but he can't on horseback, so that's irrelevant)

if its a halberd vs. spear joust, the halberd should be losing 7-8/10 times, all things considered. 10/10 if the spear user is absolutely flawless in his mouse pointing and/or stab timing.

if we remove the prospects of accuracy and timing (by considering these flawlessly executed for both sides) the spear will ALWAYS beat the halberd, on a horse.

46 72
  • 23 Jul
 Zeratul

Zweihander and 231 Armor. Its my standard setup, played it in chiv all the time, its the same here, i just love this weapon. In fact i love it so much, i fuck it. There are some other setups that i like, but there is only one true love.

942 292

@Zeratul said:
Zweihander and 231 Armor. Its my standard setup, played it in chiv all the time, its the same here, i just love this weapon. In fact i love it so much, i fuck it. There are some other setups that i like, but there is only one true love.

i love the Zwei myself even trained with it for a few years but i also like full armor so it kinda makes me sad i cant do both lol

942 292

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

@TheInuitHunter said:

anyone who jousts you lol.

even if you time your stabs (with a halberd) from horseback right, spear users will eventually easily counter that with a stab of their own since its longer than the halberd AND that's without considering that the spear straight up does more stab damage than a halberd does even on foot (unless perhaps, the halberdier uses mordhau grip, but he can't on horseback, so that's irrelevant)

if its a halberd vs. spear joust, the halberd should be losing 7-8/10 times, all things considered. 10/10 if the spear user is absolutely flawless in his mouse pointing and/or stab timing.

if we remove the prospects of accuracy and timing (by considering these flawlessly executed for both sides) the spear will ALWAYS beat the halberd, on a horse.

i once killed a spear on horse with a lute on a horse still the best wtf moment ive had

46 72
  • 23 Jul
 Zeratul

@Antoniokontos said:

@Zeratul said:

i love the Zwei myself even trained with it for a few years but i also like full armor so it kinda makes me sad i cant do both lol

So you do real fencing? Nice, i also started it recently its fantastic. And im amazed by how complex it is.

14 20

Longsword for its balance
Bastard Sword for a more aggressive playstyle
Messer for its satisfying underhands
Halberd for its great support in frontline

942 292

@Zeratul said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@Zeratul said:

So you do real fencing? Nice, i also started it recently its fantastic. And im amazed by how complex it is.

i love the feeling of pulling off a disarm irl makes the other duelist feel like a failure and the instructor just smiling and nodding, sadly i still need work on Basket hilt Swords and Greatswords im fine with rapier and Sabers and have a bit of training in Messers and of course the aforementioned Zweihänder wich is more fun to use but not as easy to move with as a longsword

Knight 253 682
  • 24 Jul
 Iodine

Lately I'm loving Battleaxe. It can be super slow or super fast and has awesome stam game

Knight 3132 7290
  • 24 Jul
 Punzybobo

i like greatsword because it is fair

942 292

@Punzybobo said:
i like greatsword because it is fair

im going to give it a go after work heard great things about it

Knight 7577 13875
  • 24 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

the greatsword is basically the new longsword after the longsword was nerfed

942 292

@ToLazy4Name said:

so thats why the longsword felt funky dident know it was nerfed

edit: 13k likes Lazy i was the 13,000

Knight 7577 13875
  • 24 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@Antoniokontos said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

so thats why the longsword felt funky dident know it was nerfed

It was a very slight nerf that most people won't even be able to tell the difference on, but yeah it was nerfed. It had its release time lowered from 525 ms to 500 ms.

39 97

I'm trying the spear for the moment... On duels or on Frontline servers.

Was getting chambered all the time, so I made the mercenary less heavy to improve the footwork(without Dodge perk). Having good results so far on both gamemodes.

Although I may say the fact that chambering stabs is the easiest of them all, spears mercs can't use their weapons main damage output, most of the time, for obvious reasons, forcing them, sooner or later, to equip a swing damage-based weapons when getting chambered constantly, since the spear swing damage is low.

In my case, improvements on footwork made the spear way more effective.

This is pushing players to play in a specific way, to be more effective somehow (on high skill play), since spear drags are risky and, If you try to drag the spear stab, only makes it worse.

43 27
  • 24 Jul
 Aodlop

You're not free to complain about things being hard when you play Spear.

101 47
  • 24 Jul
 CarnifeX

eXe with katzenberger skin, no morph no feinting, just timing..
i mostly flank and kill multiple targets in one go on frontline
actually i'm nearly always top5 in my team, so it seems its working for now ^^
for me the eXe is a true flanking weapon, luv it

only downside i wish we could have these tip/pointy end on the sword + katzenberger skin or something better:

Kiriha-Zukuri-Kissaki.jpg

because i dont like the round tip..