Mordhau

What happened to highlands?

98 42
  • 18 Jul
 NoYou

I was looking through older forum posts and noticed one made a while back by Marox in which he showcased the ballista and a map called the highlands. However, 3 years later after release and theres no trace of this map. Idk why they gave up on it but I think it’d be a good idea for the devs to add it to the game as we are currently lacking in map diversity and it seemed to be a pretty good simple map. We have castles, mountains, camps, pits but we’re still missing a simple map that takes place on grassland. From the looks of it it seems to be a pretty nice looking map that would work well with skirmish and maybe even the upcoming ranked mode.

Heres a link to the post:

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/193/introducing-the-ballista-a-brief-look-at-highlands/

Knight 211 505
  • 18 Jul
 Duckalot

Highlands is nothing more than a small map made for showcasing. It doesnt have any content really. We'll be getting other maps soon tho!

98 42
Knight 7577 13875
  • 18 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

the cowards got rid of it because they are CRASS

GIVE ME MY FUCKING MOOR 2.0 GOD DAMMIT

100 47
  • 18 Jul
 CarnifeX

@Duckalot said:
Highlands is nothing more than a small map made for showcasing. It doesnt have any content really. We'll be getting other maps soon tho!

soon.. hahaha, well sounds like hope

274 320
  • 2
  • 19 Jul
 DrGert

I genuinely feel bad for lazy..

A youthful more optimistic lazy was looking forward to a similar rehash of one of his favorite maps only to have his dreams crushed from a reckless statement made by Duck 3 years later.

@ToLazy4Name said:
yo that map looks alot like my favorite Chiv map: Moor

i'm hype

@Duckalot said:
Highlands is nothing more than a small map made for showcasing. It doesnt have any content really. We'll be getting other maps soon tho!

These dudes owe you some ice cream to make it feel better.

Duke 544 898
  • 19 Jul
 Goatie

Highlands was removed because they realised it was an open space and didn't have enough shit to get stuck on thus going against their design philosophy.

1339 1396

@Goatie said:
Highlands was removed because they realised it was an open space and didn't have enough shit to get stuck on thus going against their design philosophy.

The problem is: How do you imbalance a map that is just open space? It's easy to criticize but it's hard to come up with actually good ideas to make that map completely one-sided!

Duke 544 898
  • 19 Jul
 Goatie

I have complete faith they would find a way

Knight 7577 13875
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@DrGert said:
I genuinely feel bad for lazy..

A youthful more optimistic lazy was looking forward to a similar rehash of one of his favorite maps only to have his dreams crushed from a reckless statement made by Duck 3 years later.

@ToLazy4Name said:
yo that map looks alot like my favorite Chiv map: Moor

i'm hype

@Duckalot said:
Highlands is nothing more than a small map made for showcasing. It doesnt have any content really. We'll be getting other maps soon tho!

These dudes owe you some ice cream to make it feel better.

Careful looking through old posts bud, you'll stumble on mean words and they could give you PTSD

98 42
  • 19 Jul
 NoYou

@Goatie said:
Highlands was removed because they realised it was an open space and didn't have enough shit to get stuck on thus going against their design philosophy.
This is why I thought it had so much potential. What we need is simply an open space without any objects to interfere, giving everyone an equal chance of winning. It could be like the default map because of this.

98 42
  • 19 Jul
 NoYou

@Goatie said:
Highlands was removed because they realised it was an open space and didn't have enough shit to get stuck on thus going against their design philosophy.

This is why I thought it had so much potential. What we need is simply an open space without any objects to interfere, giving everyone an equal chance of winning. It could be like the default map because of this.

This is what I meant to say.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

Then edit your post you weirdo don't just make another one

98 42
  • 19 Jul
 NoYou

Sorry I’m new.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

I will forgive this transgression just this once

190 93

dam if only they communicated like that now...

Would be nice to see whats coming and steer the forum community to a positive light instead of the troll infested shit
show its become.

highlands does look like a cool map that would be pretty bug free, its a shame its not going to be released.

1287 3791

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:
dam if only they communicated like that now...

Would be nice to see whats coming and steer the forum community to a positive light instead of the troll infested shit
show its become.

highlands does look like a cool map that would be pretty bug free, its a shame its not going to be released.

communications make us fat and lazy we need to fight for our information

Conscript 150 273
  • 1
  • 19 Jul
 Kaiowa

@Duckalot said:
Highlands is nothing more than a small map made for showcasing. It doesnt have any content really. We'll be getting other maps soon tho!

Yeah it's only taking them 3 or 4 months to produce a single map after over a million copies sold, we'll likely have 2 new maps by christmas and mod support when Chivalry 2 comes out. Yay :D

Soon™

14 14
  • 19 Jul
 SneeSnoo

They should just add highlands back and make it a deathmatch map

125 101

Man now that I see it I really want it

Dad Sizzle