Mordhau

Spear is too good at extremely close range

5 14

Spear should be a medium to long range weapon, but currently it's as deadly at long range as it is at dagger range. It really needs either close range damage nerf or make the shaft collide with the environment to discourage using it in closed spaces and at close range. Also, you should be able to brace it, so you just hold it in front of you againts cavalry charge (and anyone else who just charge you head on).

Knight 1269 3804
  • 18 Jul
 Frise

@Finlandiaperkele said:
make the shaft collide with the environment

Already happens

Knight 7579 13875
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@Frise said:

@Finlandiaperkele said:

Already happens

hello frise

274 320
  • 19 Jul
 DrGert

A damage reduction for pole arms at face hugging range would be a reasonable change tbh. If they are in a certain disatance to where the pole would hit you instead of the head of the weapon, it only makes sense. A damage increase would have to be compensated in other areas though or the weapons would become useless.

5 14

@Frise said:

@Finlandiaperkele said:

Already happens

I mean situations where the spear is already halfway through the enemy. Spear shouldn't be usable at all so close.

104 47
  • 19 Jul
 CarnifeX

what must be also nerfed: is the stabbing attack generally, when the move is in his end-phase, if the opponent doesnt hit you, he is still able to direct the spear-tip into your body to force the hit, doesnt matter if the spear is beside you, above you etc.

this is complete garbage in my opinion, and the reason why i hate spear that much

archers as example are also not able to direct their arrows into the enemy, when the arrow already landed beside the enemy feets

when the animation reached the widest possible point, it shouldnt be possible to still hit the enemy then just by another (re-)aiming to the enemy, even when the enemy stands at the middle-point/half-length of the spear

(sry for my english, it isnt my native language)

274 320
  • 19 Jul
 DrGert

@CarnifeX said:
what must be also nerfed: is the stabbing attack generally, when the move is in his end-phase, if the opponent doesnt hit you, he is still able to direct the spear-tip into your body to force the hit, doesnt matter if the spear is beside you, above you etc.

this is complete garbage in my opinion, and the reason why i hate spear that much

archers as example are also not able to direct their arrows into the enemy, when the arrow already landed beside the enemy feets

when the animation reached the widest possible point, it shouldnt be possible to still hit the enemy then just by another (re-)aiming to the enemy, even when the enemy stands at the middle-point/half-length of the spear

I’ll admit that stab drag animations look funky but that’s about it. It’s an intended mechanic and won’t be nerfed. Just learn to read them it’s not that hard.

104 47
  • 30 Jul
 CarnifeX

@DrGert said:

@CarnifeX said:

I’ll admit that stab drag animations look funky but that’s about it. It’s an intended mechanic and won’t be nerfed. Just learn to read them it’s not that hard.

i think you didnt understand me.

18 29