Mordhau

List of Scuffed Weapons that need a Nerf

119 78
  • 2
  • 17 Jul
 Cence

1. Battle Axe (alt mode)
The windup is so short that you just get instantly hit and it's nigh impossible to tell an accel from a drag sometimes.

2. Poleaxe
I don't know what it is with poleaxe, but telling an accel from a drag is much more difficult than usual. Mayhaps it's because of too high turn cap and the weapon being so thin that it's hard to visually tell its position. A mediocre player can mask a drag as an accel easily with this weapon, and it's too easy in my opinion.

3. Waraxe
Too powerful for only 5 points, increase cost to 6 points.

4. Eveningstar
This weapon is just insane in its current state and I feel like the overall balance might benefit from ES being slightly nerfed somehow.

5. Bastard Sword
Scuffed stab animation makes this weapon insanely hard to read, please rework the stab animation to be able to visually tell the windup better.

6. Spear (alt mode)
Again scuffed stab animation is weird to fight against.

7. Zweihänder
Scuffed swing manipulation. Could probably benefit from a slight turn cap nerf as masking a drag as an accel is extremely easy and very powerful with this weapon.

8. Heavy Handaxe
This weapon is just too strong for only 3 points. Increase to 4.

9. Rapier
Stabs outspeed battleaxe stab->swing morphs, also stab animations are unreadable.

10. Estoc (alt mode)
Busted turn cap.

11. Cleaver
Way too high damage.

12. Heater & Kite
Broken hold-RMB-to-win especially in combination with Bastard Sword. Unreadable, unfun fight that always comes down to stamina instead of outplaying with feints, morphs and chambers.

Knight 693 1593
  • 17 Jul
 das

How do you feel about Messer

16 4
  • 17 Jul
 AbsurdO
  1. Executioner sword
    Insane one-two hit drags boring to fight against

2- Maul-
Stabs are bullshit and should do no damage and feinting should cost a lot more stamina than it does using a maul.

3-Halberd-
broken for same reason poleaxe is.

4-Estoc-
Bullshit stab drags

5- Long sword mordhau grip-
Deals far more damage than it should

133 104

Anyone else dislike the stamina drain on the quarterstaff?

Dad Sizzle

1 0
  • 18 Jul
 Royer

Don't forget about the arming sword

88 95
  • 18 Jul
 Xanith

gs stabs wind up far too fast imo

lotta people stab gambling their asses off with stab accels (looking up or down into a stab seems to make it hit faster?)
fought a guy in a duel server the other day, i would read his feints but then he'd immediately wind up a stab and it hit me so fast that i literally couldn't react in time to parry or punish

this is one of the few things in this game that have ever made me call bullshit

Duke 552 937
  • 18 Jul
 Goatie

All the weapons are absolutely fucked in their own ways. Eveningstar animations not lining up with its drags, Warhammer instas, alt battle axe instas, zwei zero frame stabs, poleaxe insta stabs, messer insta stabs, longsword overhead instas. This isn't taking into account the disgusting nigh unreadable drags and ripostes people have figured out.

274 320
  • 1
  • 18 Jul
 DrGert

@Xanith said:
gs stabs wind up far too fast imo

lotta people stab gambling their asses off with stab accels (looking up or down into a stab seems to make it hit faster?)
fought a guy in a duel server the other day, i would read his feints but then he'd immediately wind up a stab and it hit me so fast that i literally couldn't react in time to parry or punish

this is one of the few things in this game that have ever made me call bullshit

Do you mean to say that you’re calling bullshit on drags/accels or the GS windup speed?

I main a greatsword and poleaxe and I’ve never once thought that the GS needs a need nerf in any way. TBH it can feel pretty sluggish at times especially after switching to it from a poleaxe.

Messer and poleaxe are far better tools for manipulating swings and stabs over the GS.

119 78
  • 18 Jul
 Cence

Messer is alright in my opinion because it has very shitty stabs.

88 95
  • 1
  • 19 Jul
 Xanith

@DrGert said:

@Xanith said:
gs stabs wind up far too fast imo

lotta people stab gambling their asses off with stab accels (looking up or down into a stab seems to make it hit faster?)
fought a guy in a duel server the other day, i would read his feints but then he'd immediately wind up a stab and it hit me so fast that i literally couldn't react in time to parry or punish

this is one of the few things in this game that have ever made me call bullshit

Do you mean to say that you’re calling bullshit on drags/accels or the GS windup speed?

I main a greatsword and poleaxe and I’ve never once thought that the GS needs a need nerf in any way. TBH it can feel pretty sluggish at times especially after switching to it from a poleaxe.

Messer and poleaxe are far better tools for manipulating swings and stabs over the GS.

Windup speed, at least from my end, it feels like it hits me faster than standard overhead accels. I have an easier time reading rapier stab feints than I do parrying that shit, something feels off. I've also wound up stabs before them with a longsword and gotten flinched by them first but I mean idk, I haven't looked at the timings in depth.

274 320
  • 19 Jul
 DrGert

You may be right, I can’t recall any interactions like this from memory from GS users but I experience the same phenomena against evening stars.

Hands down I find evening star the hardest weapon to read in duels. And I can hard read just about any weapon at this point. Good evening star users are always my toughest opponents.

Knight 7766 14286
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@Cence said:
1. Battle Axe (alt mode)
The windup is so short that you just get instantly hit and it's nigh impossible to tell an accel from a drag sometimes.

This is true, but i'm not sure that it's deserving of a nerf.

2. Poleaxe
I don't know what it is with poleaxe, but telling an accel from a drag is much more difficult than usual. Mayhaps it's because of too high turn cap and the weapon being so thin that it's hard to visually tell its position. A mediocre player can mask a drag as an accel easily with this weapon, and it's too easy in my opinion.

Again, this is also true, but i'm not sure it's deserving of a nerf either. Poleaxe already has stiff competition.

3. Waraxe
Too powerful for only 5 points, increase cost to 6 points.

Reasonable, and would nerf 2/3/1 bloodlust war axe builds. Not needed, but reasonable.

4. Eveningstar
This weapon is just insane in its current state and I feel like the overall balance might benefit from ES being slightly nerfed somehow.

Nah, eveningstar is bonkers good, yes, but hitstop still keeps it in check in team modes.

5. Bastard Sword
Scuffed stab animation makes this weapon insanely hard to read, please rework the stab animation to be able to visually tell the windup better.

agreed

6. Spear (alt mode)
Again scuffed stab animation is weird to fight against.

agreed, though this is more to do with its windup speed and ridiculous turncap

7. Zweihänder
Scuffed swing manipulation. Could probably benefit from a slight turn cap nerf as masking a drag as an accel is extremely easy and very powerful with this weapon.

dunno how to feel about this one tbh, zweihander is really fucking good but its point cost justifies how good it is, I think tweaking the point system or changing things that go along with the zweihander would be better than nerfing the zweihander itself (more damage to legs or some shit so people need to sacrifice t3 chest idk)

8. Heavy Handaxe
This weapon is just too strong for only 3 points. Increase to 4.

Possibly, but it's still not good enough for me to care too much

119 78
  • 24 Jul
 Cence

Extended the list with more busted weapons.

370 148

I like the cleaver honestly but it's high damage yes. I still think it's a good sidearm only, tried to run cleaver main builds.
And it doesn't have any range, cleavers are only good close up, which limits those builds to occasional flanks and backstabs. Guess it has a high block cost like most the small weapons too.
If anything, its damage against t2 and t3 armor should be nerfed a bit.

119 78
  • 25 Jul
 Cence

@PC_Principal said:
I like the cleaver honestly but it's high damage yes. I still think it's a good sidearm only, tried to run cleaver main builds.
And it doesn't have any range, cleavers are only good close up, which limits those builds to occasional flanks and backstabs. Guess it has a high block cost like most the small weapons too.
If anything, its damage against t2 and t3 armor should be nerfed a bit.

Cleaver+Heater is extremely strong in the right hands. Probably the fault of the shield and not of Cleaver though.

370 148

Wanna hear something funny? I dropped most my shield builds yesterday. I think the shield is more of a handicap since held block obstructs your vision and you won't be able to see everything the opponent does. Also, held block got me bored over time and I'd like to master the timed block instead, this is also a reason why I drop my heater shield.
Cleaver and heater was a good combo but still outranged and left alone in a 1v5.

119 78
  • 25 Jul
 Cence

@PC_Principal said:
Wanna hear something funny? I dropped most my shields. I think the shield is more of a handicap since help block obstructs your vision and you won't be able to see everything the opponent does. Also, held block got me bored over time and I'd like to master the timed block instead, this is also a reason why I drop my heater shield.
Cleaver and heater was a good combo but still outranged and left alone in a 1v5.

That's not funny. Try fighting an actually good shield player in 1v1 and you will get rekt. Held block is boring af I agree.

370 148

That doesn't prove anything, I'll get rekt vs any (really) good player in 90% of cases. I'm still messing around on Frontline only, don't care much for 1v1 servers or deathmatch. My maul, mace, eveningstar, cleaver, spear and basically all efficient stabbing weapons in the game are good vs shield so I don't see the Issue there really. The fact we can kick shield users is enough. If someone has light armor and moves back to avoid kick well... feint into kick, morph into kick, hit him above or below the shield. I've had way less problems killing shield users compared to wildly swinging 2 hand guys that fake run from you and 180 swing at you with some weird accel.

Shield is only good if you can time the blocks and at that stage you don't need a shield. If you just hold the block, you can negate enemy accels and drags and sometimes feints, but that renders you more vulnerable to just getting kicked or even backstabbed because your enemy walked and dragged his weapon around you.

119 78
  • 25 Jul
 Cence

@PC_Principal said:
That doesn't prove anything, I'll get rekt vs any (really) good player in 90% of cases. I'm still messing around on Frontline only, don't care much for 1v1 servers or deathmatch. My maul, mace, eveningstar, cleaver, spear and basically all efficient stabbing weapons in the game are good vs shield so I don't see the Issue there really. The fact we can kick shield users is enough. If someone has light armor and moves back to avoid kick well... feint into kick, morph into kick, hit him above or below the shield. I've had way less problems killing shield users compared to wildly swinging 2 hand guys that fake run from you and 180 swing at you with some weird accel.

Shield is only good if you can time the blocks and at that stage you don't need a shield. If you just hold the block, you can negate enemy accels and drags and sometimes feints, but that renders you more vulnerable to just getting kicked or even backstabbed because your enemy walked and dragged his weapon around you.

You can't judge shields if you are only messing around in Frontline mate... They're scuffed af

370 148

Pretty sure I can judge anything in this game, especially shields, because I played them quite a lot. You on the other hand, sound like you rarely played shields and just wanna swing through everyone with some bigass weapon in frontline. Dueling with rapiers on 1v1 server, doesn't sound like a lot of fun or challenging to me, neither does swinging a 1 hit weapon. How to balance 1 shot weapons? shields. You can remove shields on your own duel server. Thanks for the conversation.

Now I understand what you mean when you said in the right hands:
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/19177/the-best-move-in-mordhau-no-clickbait/