Mordhau

everybody hates Crossroads

132 48
  • 18 Jul
 Highlander

@chill_clinton said:
The cav mains are small as a voting bloc but they show up at the booths I guess

The map has serious potential. All they need to make it extremely fun is to make buildable fences between spawn and the fort for both sides. As well as another entrance for blu side because red can assault mid point much easier then blue who can easily get bottled in spawn. Firebombs are also a problem in the map but don’t know if there’s anything anyone can do about it. Also putting the ballistae somewhere that can actually shoot point blank horses spawn camping would be nice. They tried this but it’s too far to protect poor spawnies.

291 116

While Crossroads isn't optimized / balanced, it's up to you to just leave. I quit playing Crossroads and Mountain Peak because they seem too unbalanced. Suggestions for Crossroads were made here and they'll probably (attempt to) fix it in some way.
Most importantly, Red's spawn could be further back and blue's could be closer so they have rather equal distance.
Alternatively, Blue could use some obstacles on the way to build their walls around. A tree, a haycart, a small military tent or something else to hide from the horses.

601 471
  • 18 Jul
 esturias

Whenever Crossroads gets voted, I choose the blue team and just try to kill as many riders as possible. Never even once I set a foot inside of the walls.
That's almost fun (especially how the riders ride huge circles around me after a few kills, so that I have to switch to a differently looking character with same equip), I sometimes ruin the match for the statspadders on the horses and I don't need to see the nonsense going on inside the way too small fort.

Knight 116 243
  • 18 Jul
 Radfox

I don't really have problems with the map itself, besides maybe how team spawn locations are skewed towards Iron Company. The concept of a cavalry-centric map is cool but it definitely has issues.

The fact that it's not optimized well at all compared to any of the other maps is my main problem. I can get a smooth 60 FPS with max settings on basically every map in the game besides Crossroads, where it will dip down to 30, sometimes even 20 FPS quite frequently.

Regardless on how people feel about it, it definitely needed more time in the oven. It's not optimized well at all compared to their other maps and it does need some tweaking.

42 51
  • 18 Jul
 PartyClass

My main issue with it are the horse parkour mains. Otherwise I like the smaller size.

939 287

Bruh I want a Playground map LUTE PLAYERS ON THE SPINNING THING

274 320
  • 19 Jul
 DrGert

When the vote passes for crossroads

37A86DDF-6774-4518-8860-BEC844DAD06D.gif

124 101

Bro I had someone do double walls at the camp spawn in Taiga. That was so annoying. I feel your pain chill clinton

Edit: forgot to quote chill clinton

Dad Sizzle

110 62

Give them a crossroads server 24/7 C.R

63 43
  • 19 Jul
 Cadiz

I stick strictly to horseback archery whenever I'm in crossroads as a sign of protest.

291 116

@bobbydigital said:

There are already 2 community servers running only crossroads.

939 287

@PC_Principal said:

@bobbydigital said:

There are already 2 community servers running only crossroads.

nice

1052 1695

The problem with with the map isn't specifically the horses: It's the feeling of helplessness as you run across a field and get run down by cavalry/archers, have to sit around and wait for fire to clear just for more fire to come, just to get to a massive fiery, spammy clusterfuck on a narrow bridge or stair way IF it's not covered in engineer spam and if the other team is better you're simply getting farmed through all of this hell.

The map is alot of fun if you're smart enough to not care about winning/losing and focus on going for kills/trolls or if you're a melee God who shits on everyone in the catwalks or from horseback.

69 55

I like all the maps. I don't care if it's an 8x8 small piece of empty flat grassland - don't care what it is, I'll fight anywhere any place anytime - just give me somewhere to fight. Crossroads is fine.

132 48
  • 22 Jul
 Highlander

@esturias said:
Whenever Crossroads gets voted, I choose the blue team and just try to kill as many riders as possible. Never even once I set a foot inside of the walls.
That's almost fun (especially how the riders ride huge circles around me after a few kills, so that I have to switch to a differently looking character with same equip), I sometimes ruin the match for the statspadders on the horses and I don't need to see the nonsense going on inside the way too small fort.

Ah I see a fellow anti horse crusader, a welcome addition to any team. I always run blue and billhook + crossbow to kill all fucking horsemen. All horsemen must die!

132 48
  • 22 Jul
 Highlander

@Cadiz said:
I stick strictly to horseback archery whenever I'm in crossroads as a sign of protest.

a lone noble knight amidst a legion of spear using bloodlust cunts mowing down innocent spawnees, I applaud you good sir. I personally run the lute and horse and make sure to ride directly in front of spear horsemen so we both stop and get pulled off our horses and murdered, it’s for the greater good.

1052 1695

OR you can run spear/horse and curb stomp the enemy cavalry (and your own team's cavalry too) to spare the spawnees. : )

Win/Win for everyone except other horsemen red or blue.

1052 1695

And if you ally yourself to both teams billhook meme squads you are unstoppable.

939 287

tbh i like riding horses but not as a way of warfare