Mordhau

Spin to win?

15 14
  • 16 Jul '19
 DonPelayo

Some jerkoffs on this duel server were poleaxe spinning. Couldn't read any of their moves. Is this working as intended?

534 286
  • 16 Jul '19
 Gambit

Just stab them when they start it, they don't actually get any benefit from spinning. Just trying to throw you off.

Knight 7768 14310
  • 16 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

Spinning doesn't actually do anything other than look weird. In fact, if they're literally doing a spin while swinging then they'll just hit you with a glancing blow which has hitstop and only does 10% damage.

274 322
  • 16 Jul '19
 DrGert

Definitely working as intended. It’s just a distraction. Play more aggressively against players who spin. I promise you, one strike to the back of the head they will stop right away.

TBH I don’t really see the point in spinning. It doesnt throw off more experienced duelers and secondly, even though it does work against less experienced players, by no means do you need THAT much distraction to beat a less experienced player.

It’s really just flashy sword play. Nothing more.

957 309
  • 17 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

@DrGert said:
Definitely working as intended. It’s just a distraction. Play more aggressively against players who spin. I promise you, one strike to the back of the head they will stop right away.

TBH I don’t really see the point in spinning. It doesnt throw off more experienced duelers and secondly, even though it does work against less experienced players, by no means do you need THAT much distraction to beat a less experienced player.

Chiv Ballerina Knights

Mercenary 2192 3909
  • 17 Jul '19
 EruTheTeapot

Its more risk than reward, hold thy Chiv flashbacks m'dude

Knight 2274 4094
  • 17 Jul '19
 Runagate

@Antoniokontos said:

@DrGert said:

Chiv Ballerina Knights

Except unlike chiv, there is absolutely nothing to gain from such play.

957 309
  • 17 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

@Runagate said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@DrGert said:

Chiv Ballerina Knights

Except unlike chiv, there is absolutely nothing to gain from such play.

i know i was just saying perhaps they where one coming to play

8 3

I do that. Learned it in chivalry (never used it there however)
Its a mix between hitting the very moment you wind up or the last hitbox swing. Throws off your opponent to a early/late parry.
Its basically an instant hit or long drag. Theres nothing more to it than gambling. But ive been more sucessful. Especially when it gets people vietnam flashbacks

1757 1413
  • 18 Jul '19
 Rergato

It's very fun to do, but it's not effective.

I don't usually spin during my windup or release, that gives you a glancing blow. I just spin without attacking and start my attack at the end of my 360 turn.

957 309
  • 18 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

@Rergato said:
It's very fun to do, but it's not effective.

I don't usually spin during my windup or release, that gives you a glancing blow. I just spin without attacking and start my attack at the end of my 360 turn.

surprisingly if you use the "Ballerina Knight" tactic to confused you'll hit most of your shots against the Uninitiated

15 14
  • 23 Jul '19
 DonPelayo

Yeah, it's pretty fucking stupid, but there's no way they can stop it from happening. I guess I'll just avoid the people who do it, because I'm sure as hell not doing it myself.

957 309
  • 23 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

@DonPelayo said:
Yeah, it's pretty fucking stupid, but there's no way they can stop it from happening. I guess I'll just avoid the people who do it, because I'm sure as hell not doing it myself.

funnily enough is parrying and riposting a ballerina Knight they get thrown off cause their "Immortal spin" got read and they cant defend much after tat

312 244
  • 23 Jul '19
 LoPan

@DonPelayo said:

If you avoid players that give you trouble all the time, you’ll never learn how to adapt and your skill level will forever remain stagnant.

The only way to improve is by constantly playing people who beat shit down your legs. If you can’t handle that. Move on to another game now before you just end up inevitably frustrating yourself.

Also, spinning is a terrible tactic and won’t work against anyone who’s played any moderate amount of time.

54 58
  • 23 Jul '19
 freygeist

@LoPan said:

Also, spinning is a terrible tactic and won’t work against anyone who’s played any moderate amount of time.

I wouldnt say that, in a 1vs1 for sure its silly, but in a 1vsX can be useful. But i would agree, it isnt really a tactic, more something that happens naturally when you try fight off many enemies, for example when you land a successful horizontal slash riposte, while being surrounded, you kind of instinctively start to spin.

312 244
  • 23 Jul '19
 LoPan

@freygeist said:

@LoPan said:

I wouldnt say that, in a 1vs1 for sure its silly, but in a 1vsX can be useful. But i would agree, it isnt really a tactic, more something that happens naturally when you try fight off many enemies, for example when you land a successful horizontal slash riposte, while being surrounded, you kind of instinctively start to spin.

Cept turn speed is capped once you start a swing. So people are only spinning around all crazy while not attacking. So if you are being throw off and parrying at someone doing 360’s the problem is w you not the person spinning.

32 22
  • 23 Jul '19
 Layla

@DonPelayo said:
Some jerkoffs on this duel server were poleaxe spinning. Couldn't read any of their moves. Is this working as intended?

Doing spastic ballerina dances is how the "skilled" players look, that is how it looks at the top peak, if you don't like it leave the game because that is what you will need to learn in order to be able to compete with this spastic ballerinas.

Knight 7768 14310
  • 23 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Layla said:

@DonPelayo said:

Doing spastic ballerina dances is how the "skilled" players look, that is how it looks at the top peak, if you don't like it leave the game because that is what you will need to learn in order to be able to compete with this spastic ballerinas.

No lol

957 309
  • 24 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

i love chiv ballerinas coming in to here and doing their little dances thinking Dead Angle stabs from behind are a thing in this game

Knight 7768 14310
  • 24 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Antoniokontos said:
i love chiv ballerinas coming in to here and doing their little dances thinking Dead Angle stabs from behind are a thing in this game

Dead angle stabs? what the hell are you talking about lmao this isn't Dark Souls