Server issues

48 18
  • 18 Jul
 Luward

@Gambit said:

@Luward said:

Oh you misunderstand what remote means.

Nope

Microsoft disagrees with you. localhost is not referring to every device on your LAN it is only referring to your local host, aka the device you're directly interacting with. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+localhost&t=brave&ia=web But whatever. It's off-topic.

534 286
  • 18 Jul
 Gambit

@Luward said:

@Gambit said:

@Luward said:

Oh you misunderstand what remote means.

Nope

Microsoft disagrees with you. localhost is not referring to every device on your LAN it is only referring to your local host, aka the device you're directly interacting with. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+localhost&t=brave&ia=web But whatever. It's off-topic.

You either didn't get what I meant by remote host or are just a complete prick. Either way you don't seem to want help.

48 18
  • 18 Jul
 Luward

@Gambit said:
Connecting to a server on LAN has been recognised by the devs as having issues.

Using that information, I pulled out a 2nd router that I had used to segregate previous roommates for an unrelated security reason. After configuring port forwarding on the Netgear router with, AFAIR, otherwise default settings, roommate can connect to my server, but I cannot connect to his. I have pretty high security settings configured on my TP-Link, so either it is a security setting or TP-Link is not compatible with Mordhau hosting services. Hopefully that will help devs in isolating the issue with Mordhau over LAN. Possibly related: we also run an Ark server, which people can join over LAN, but not from remote networks, indicating there is something security related on my TP-Link.

13 2

well my issue is resolved, now a new problem, my friend can't join this server while others can, tried open with ip, and he can't find it on the server list..

48 18
  • 20 Jul
 Luward

can he join any others and can he join matchmaking?

13 2

@Luward said:
can he join any others and can he join matchmaking?

he can join other servers he has listed, and also matchmaking, i did notice his server list doesn't see servers i see, btw he lives like 5 mins away from me so it shouldn't be any different

edit: 2 friends with same issue, they can't join through ip or anything, while i do have people playing on my server normally

48 18
  • 25 Jul
 Luward

No Ideas no how to fix it. I had to dump my TP Link router because it is not routing all my network traffic from all my devices. Issue could be install or router or security settings blocking connections. If you have different filter settings for the server browser, that would explain why you are getting different servers listed.