Mordhau

Server issues

13 2

Ports opened, server shows up on the internet server list (for me).
but won't show for others or lets them connect through console.
wtf am i doing wrong?

531 283
  • 16 Jul
 Gambit

Are you sure their filter options are right? Set a ping of 500 and uncheck everything just to be sure. If it shows in the server browser I imagine it's working fine.

13 2

@Gambit said:
Are you sure their filter options are right? Set a ping of 500 and uncheck everything just to be sure. If it shows in the server browser I imagine it's working fine.

it was an issue with settings the 27015 port wrong, works perfectly now.
is there any way to set horde mode with damagefactor=2/3
and when the map changes to any ffa it will go back to normal 1?

531 283
  • 17 Jul
 Gambit

@TheForceGORILLA said:

@Gambit said:

There is enemy and team damage factor options in the BaseGame.ini but I'm not sure how they affect Horde. You can change the map rotation options and default server map option to only have horde maps.
I really hope you're trying to make horde harder cause I've heard its quite easy.

I have a signature

13 2

@Gambit said:

@TheForceGORILLA said:

@Gambit said:

There is enemy and team damage factor options in the BaseGame.ini but I'm not sure how they affect Horde. You can change the map rotation options and default server map option to only have horde maps.
I really hope you're trying to make horde harder cause I've heard its quite easy.

I have a signature

i have the map rotations set including ffa maps for duels, yes i want horde to be 2x if not even 3x more damage, but when we change to play on ffa the damage factor stays which makes us use the training sword to not die in 1 shot.
didn't find anywhere maybe commands that change to a different config when the map changes from horde to ffa and vice versa...

531 283
  • 17 Jul
 Gambit

@TheForceGORILLA said:

@Gambit said:

@TheForceGORILLA said:

@Gambit said:

I have a signature

i have the map rotations set including ffa maps for duels, yes i want horde to be 2x if not even 3x more damage, but when we change to play on ffa the damage factor stays which makes us use the training sword to not die in 1 shot.
didn't find anywhere maybe commands that change to a different config when the map changes from horde to ffa and vice versa...

That is not possible, you will need a separate server. Multiple game modes on a single server doesn't really work.

I have a signature

48 18
  • 17 Jul
 Luward

What setup instructions did you follow? I can't join my server using the same computer that is hosting it. I've tried with WIndows and Manjaro. Either way I just get "failed to update server information"

531 283
  • 17 Jul
 Gambit

@Luward said:
What setup instructions did you follow? I can't join my server using the same computer that is hosting it. I've tried with WIndows and Manjaro. Either way I just get "failed to update server information"

That's a known issue. Host it remotely.

I have a signature

48 18
  • 17 Jul
 Luward

@Gambit said:

same error

531 283
  • 17 Jul
 Gambit

@Luward said:

@Gambit said:

same error

Then it's a port forwarding problem.

48 18
  • 17 Jul
 Luward

@Gambit said:

Firewall disabled on Manjaro computer, triple checked firewal rules to make sure ports on Windows computer are open and same with router. Forwarding 7777 all, 27015 all, 15000 all, 4778 all, 7787 all, 7781 all and 2720 all. Same for Windows firewall except 27000-27020 all.

531 283
  • 17 Jul
 Gambit

@Luward said:

@Gambit said:

Firewall disabled on Manjaro computer, triple checked firewal rules to make sure ports on Windows computer are open and same with router. Forwarding 7777 all, 27015 all, 15000 all, 4778 all, 7787 all, 7781 all and 2720 all.

You said you get the same with a remote host. That doesn't sound like a remote host.

I have a signature

48 18
  • 17 Jul
 Luward

@Gambit said:
You said you get the same with a remote host. That doesn't sound like a remote host.

I fail to see the reasoning behind having ports open and telling me I only have 1 computer.

13 2

i run the server on the same pc that runs the game, if i didn't i would need to buy the fucking game again just for the stupid fucking server files.....
works perfectly honestly. no issues, no lags. other players get nice pings also

48 18
  • 17 Jul
 Luward

@TheForceGORILLA said:
i run the server on the same pc that runs the game, if i didn't i would need to buy the fucking game again just for the stupid fucking server files.....

So what setup instructions did you follow?

531 283
  • 17 Jul
 Gambit

@TheForceGORILLA said:

The server files are public and do not require an account.

@Luward said:

@Gambit said:

I fail to see the reasoning behind having ports open and telling me I only have 1 computer.

Connecting to a server on LAN has been recognised by the devs as having issues. You said you tried this on Manjaro and windows, neither of which are commonly used operating systems for remote hosts. If you are getting the issue you pointed out on a remote host, then you haven't port forwarded correctly. I'm trying to help you, your short responses are not helping me do that. This is a problem on your end not mine or Mordhau. So help us help you.

I have a signature

13 2

@Luward said:

@TheForceGORILLA said:

So what setup instructions did you follow?

check your ports forwarding, make sure 27015 is udp only, all others can be tcp or both, except the 27015, i had it on both and it didn't let anyone join but did show on server list, now changed to only udp people can find my server and join.

48 18
  • 18 Jul
 Luward

@Gambit said:

Connecting to a server on LAN has been recognised by the devs as having issues. You said you tried this on Manjaro and windows, neither of which are commonly used operating systems for remote hosts. If you are getting the issue you pointed out on a remote host, then you haven't port forwarded correctly. I'm trying to help you, your short responses are not helping me do that. This is a problem on your end not mine or Mordhau. So help us help you.

Oh you misunderstand what remote means.

531 283
  • 18 Jul
 Gambit

@Luward said:

@Gambit said:

Oh you misunderstand what remote means.

Nope

48 18
  • 18 Jul
 Luward

@TheForceGORILLA said:
check your ports forwarding, make sure 27015 is udp only, all others can be tcp or both, except the 27015, i had it on both and it didn't let anyone join but did show on server list, now changed to only udp people can find my server and join.

That didn't fix it. Still same error for local and remote clients.