Mordhau

Melee only frontline server - 48p - No ranged, horses, throwables, shields, catapults or ballistas

531 283
 Gambit

I generally don't like server advertisements in forum topics, but I see a lot of people complaining about the things in the title, so I thought they might appreciate knowing this exists.

I like the objective play of frontline but everyone gets frustrated when they just want to chop some heads off and can't even leave spawn without getting catapulted, killed by a horse or blocked by a team mate. I appreciate these things exist, but always good to have options.

Full list of things blocked on this server
https://pastebin.com/raw/1hfQqad9

One server is located in London and another in New York. You can connect in the console with the commands below

London server

open 134.209.27.52

or search

[EU] Gambit's FL - No range/horse/catapult/shield - NX.IE

or just search

NX.IE

New York server

open 165.227.85.7

or search

[NA] 48 slot FL - No horses/catapults/ranged - NAE4.NX.IE

Some noteworthy settings

• 0.2 team damage
  • 120 tick
  • Default map is grad
  • All frontline maps are in rotation

If you feel something should be added back just comment below. Only thing I'm currently considering is smoke bombs.

I have a signature

214 178
  • 16 Jul
 Dialectic

Cool idea. But it's EU: (

523 566
  • 16 Jul
 Deadmode

Buckler and Targe illegal?

Still gonna check it out as it sounds like a nice breath of fresh air, but I don't agree with those being blocked as they are just parry shields.

531 283
  • 16 Jul
 Gambit

@Deadmode said:
Buckler and Targe illegal?

Still gonna check it out as it sounds like a nice breath of fresh air, but I don't agree with those being blocked as they are just parry shields.

Cheers for the suggestion, I was thinking of removing them from the list already so I'll add it to the queue for the next restart.

UPDATE: these have been removed from the blocklist now

@Dialectic said:
Cool idea. But it's EU: (

If this one gets busy I might setup an NA one. No plans for other regions though.

I have a signature

523 566
  • 16 Jul
 Deadmode

Awesome!

20 27
  • 17 Jul
 Quxudais

@Gambit said:
I generally don't like server advertisements in forum topics, but I see a lot of people complaining about the things in the title, so I thought they might appreciate knowing this exists.

I like the objective play of frontline but everyone gets frustrated when they just want to chop some heads off and can't even leave spawn without getting catapulted, killed by a horse or blocked by a team mate. I appreciate these things exist, but always good to have options.

Full list of things blocked on this server
https://pastebin.com/raw/1hfQqad9

Server is located in London and you can connect in the console with the command below

open 134.209.27.52

or search

[EU] 48 slot FL - No horses/catapults/ranged - EU-8.NX.IE

or just search

eu-8

Some noteworthy settings

• 0.2 team damage
  • 120 tick
  • Default map is grad
  • All frontline maps are in rotation

If you feel something should be added back just comment below. Only thing I'm currently considering is smoke bombs.

I have a signature

I litterally posted about wishing for a couple official servers with a similar rule set (I don't care about throwing axes/shields). I will definitely check this out. I feel like the game would be an order of magnitude more enjoyable without those things in there.

531 283
  • 17 Jul
 Gambit

I've just added a server in New York as a lot of people on reddit requested it.

I have a signature

942 292
531 283
  • 17 Jul
 Gambit

I've just updated the EU server name to the one below. Very vain but very much not my idea. People wanted an easy way to search it.

Had an awesome 10v10 for a while earlier and there's a couple of us on right now so come join us.

I have a signature

90 78
  • 18 Jul
 SushiFish

Imagine having a peasant only server by disabling all weapons that aren't exclusive to peasants.

14 9

It's not vain, it's brand recognition. Much easier to understand "Gambit's Server" than "EU-8" or "NX.IE".
Love your server

3 2
  • 21 Jul
 Pauros

Can you make an AU server too?

531 283
 Gambit

Going on the EU server now if anyone is interested. After a few players join it will fill up. FYI I've removed the NA server and don't plan on adding any outside of the EU.

Search

or just

gambit

8 4
  • 9 Aug
 Wayne-O

I will join the server later on this evening Gambit, because of work & family i don't normally get on until 9pm, but i'll definitely come check it out. Hopefully catch you on there later.

98 42
  • 9 Aug
 NoYou

I’ll check it out. Hopefully lower amount of players means that I can play with higher frames.