Mordhau

Hows everyone doing

Knight 7718 14222
  • 21 Oct
 ToLazy4Name

if you're gonna get political the least you could do is explain your snide comments tbh

hello lincs how are you today

1483 1572

@Humble Staff said:
Also, weapons are tools by definition. They are things porpusefully made and designed to facilitate a task: killing or causing harm. The word tool can be used to euphemize, but they are tools.

That definition puts emphasis on the use case at hand. When you only use it for sports it's not really a tool - but a toy.

@Lincs said:
no politicals my friendos :c don't want to get this nice wholesome thread removed

We are talking about linguistics and definitions. The warning is still fair though. Wouldn't be the first very generous interpretation of the rules.

Knight 7718 14222
  • 21 Oct
 ToLazy4Name

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Lincs said:
no politicals my friendos :c don't want to get this nice wholesome thread removed

We are talking about linguistics and definitions. The warning is still fair though. Wouldn't be the first very generous interpretation of the rules.

Think he was referring to the comments about death tolls and such

Knight 5138 6903

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Humble Staff said:
Also, weapons are tools by definition. They are things porpusefully made and designed to facilitate a task: killing or causing harm. The word tool can be used to euphemize, but they are tools.

That definition puts emphasis on the use case at hand. When you only use it for sports it's not really a tool - but a toy.

That's an interesting subject, toy or tool, but that's like saying that hockey sticks or baseball bats are toys, when they clearly aren't, there are toy versions of those and any sport implement you can imagine. Likewise, if you use a gun for sport hunting (without getting into the ethics and shit because politics), i don't see how the thing is a toy, it's a fucking gun.
The only thing i can think of that would turn a weapon into a toy, is if you grab one and use it to smash, cut or shoot things just for the pure hell and fun of it.

1483 1572

@Humble Staff said:
That's an interesting subject, toy or tool, but that's like saying that hockey sticks or baseball bats are toys, when they clearly aren't, there are toy versions of those and any sport implement you can imagine. Likewise, if you use a gun for sport hunting (without getting into the ethics and shit because politics), i don't see how the thing is a toy, it's a fucking gun.

Hockey sticks and baseball bats are (usually) used to play. That would make them toys. In most cases you wouldn't call them tools although they are handheld and used to facilitate a task (propelling or deflecting objects). Is it just the size that matters? Would a table tennis paddle be a toy? How about a cue stick? In mechanical engineering a part is often named after its use case, e.g. a simple metal rod could be a key or a spring.

The only thing i can think of that would turn a weapon into a toy, is if you grab one and use it to smash, cut or shoot things just for the pure hell and fun of it.

That's what exactly what many people do. In Lazy's case they might even be considered art or stock. He is clearly a collector.

Knight 7718 14222
  • 21 Oct
 ToLazy4Name

I'm not a collector lmao, every single one of the firearms i've posted here have been purchased to fulfill a certain self-defense niche with the exception of the P226 which I bought just to sell at a higher price. The Walther PPS? Pocket carry/IWB carry when it's hot outside and I don't feel like carrying something larger. CZ P10c? Home defense pistol/carry pistol when the weather permits me so carry something that large. Walther PPQ SC? Meant to fulfill the same purpose as the PPS, but exclusively for IWB carry and with a little extra firepower (ended up selling this one as I didn't like it as much as I thought I did). Glock 48? This is meant to supplant all of my carry guns for IWB carry if the 15 round magazines I mentioned are functional, as it will have an insane size/weight/capacity ratio, leaving the P10c exclusively a home defense weapon.

If I posted any more guns that I forgot about, I could comment on those as well, but I (thus far at least) don't buy firearms just to buy firearms, I buy them to use them.

Mercenary 1872 7024
  • 21 Oct
 ThunderDuck

So do you live in a really dangerous part of the US or something?

Knight 7718 14222

The only really dangerous parts of the US are large urban areas, and i'd die of culture shock in those areas long before Tyrone cracks me over the head for my wallet.

Edit: and even among large urban areas, it's a handful of them that account for most of the serious danger

1483 1572

@ToLazy4Name said:
I'm not a collector lmao, every single one of the firearms i've posted here have been purchased to fulfill a certain self-defense niche with the exception of the P226 which I bought just to sell at a higher price. The Walther PPS? Pocket carry/IWB carry when it's hot outside and I don't feel like carrying something larger. CZ P10c? Home defense pistol/carry pistol when the weather permits me so carry something that large. Walther PPQ SC? Meant to fulfill the same purpose as the PPS, but exclusively for IWB carry and with a little extra firepower (ended up selling this one as I didn't like it as much as I thought I did). Glock 48? This is meant to supplant all of my carry guns for IWB carry if the 15 round magazines I mentioned are functional, as it will have an insane size/weight/capacity ratio, leaving the P10c exclusively a home defense weapon.

If I posted any more guns that I forgot about, I could comment on those as well, but I (thus far at least) don't buy firearms just to buy firearms, I buy them to use them.

You buy guns like women buy shoes. So in my eyes you are a collector. You don't really need a gun that nicely compliments the colors of your favorite pair of jeans.

You don't have to be ashamed of that. Some people collect stamps, others collect coins. Some people collect manga pillows, others collect vintage gaming cartridges. You collect guns. Your money, your life, your choice.

1379 3930

@SWSeriousMike said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

You buy guns like women buy shoes. So in my eyes you are a collector. You don't really need a gun that nicely compliments the colors of your favorite pair of jeans.

You don't have to be ashamed of that. Some people collect stamps, others collect coins. Some people collect manga pillows, others collect vintage gaming cartridges. You collect guns. Your money, your life, your choice.

l-50358-keanu-reeves-thankful-for-internets-obsession-with-him-in-2019-wholesome-100.png

Knight 5138 6903

I collect body parts ¿Is that wrong?

Knight 2608 6912
  • 22 Oct
 Rattsknecht

@Humble Staff said:

are they legally acquired?

877 652
  • 22 Oct
 esturias

@Humble Staff said:

Given the weird shitposting meta on this forum, I have to assume that you just told us that you are homosexual?

Knight 7718 14222
  • 22 Oct
 ToLazy4Name

@SWSeriousMike said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

I literally just explained to you the practical reasons behind every gun purchase i've ever made but ok noguns whatever you say

1483 1572

Stage 1: Denial. ;)

Conscript 4561 6299
  • 23 Oct
 vanguard

Lazy, why don't u buy m1 garand or M14? Big bullet gud, no?

Mercenary 1137 2082

@ToLazy4Name said:
The only really dangerous parts of the US are large urban areas, and i'd die of culture shock in those areas long before Tyrone cracks me over the head for my wallet.

Edit: and even among large urban areas, it's a handful of them that account for most of the serious danger

Isn't Alaska the state with the highest violent crime rate though?

1379 3930

@vanguard said:

jsLU7Sy.jpg

Knight 2608 6912
  • 23 Oct
 Rattsknecht

can you buy a proper ak-74 in US?

Knight 7718 14222

@vanguard said:

Both weapons are outdated. If I was gonna buy a battle rifle, it'd be something else. That being said, I don't really have any interest in a battle rifle. 5.56 and 7.62x39 are better cartridges for the purposes i'd be using a rifle for.

@Rattsknecht said:
can you buy a proper ak-74 in US?

A real one? Not without jumping through alot of hoops. Fully automatic weapons were banned under the 1986 Hughes Amendment. You can get semi automatic copies of them pretty readily, however.