Mordhau

Mordhau.gg - Stats, Mercenary Loadouts, Twitch.tv Connected

61 39
  • 16 Jul
 Ethan

Greetings all,

My name is Ethan ( obviously ), and I am the founder of a new platform Mordhau.gg. After seeing the effects websites like u.gg and mobafire had on the League of Legends community, and being a huge fan of Mordhau, I decided that I wanted to develop a platform that can help newcomers and veteran players alike connect with others in the community,elevate their game, and get solid information regarding Mordhau Mercenary builds and overall gameplay.

That being said, allow me to introduce Mordhau.gg

MordhauGGBanner.gif

Mordhau.gg is a web application that allows you to do the following...

1. Login with your Twitch.tv account and Create Mordhau Mercenary Loadouts
  2. Link and Share your (or other player's) Mercenary Loadouts.
  3. View detailed Weapon Statistics without having them unlocked in the game, or just on the go ( including alt modes, gold cost, etc ).
  4. Search for specific Loadouts by searching Loadout Name, Weapons Used, "Class" ( Fighter, Archer, etc ), and even Twitch.tv usernames.
  5. Up/Downvote builds...Downvote the trolls, Upvote the builds that lead you to victory.
  6. Add short descriptions to your builds to let users know how the build should be played and used.

A few use cases...

1. Share builds with your friends without taking screenshots.
  2. Twitch and YouTube content creators can share links to their Loadouts, or use the Twitch.tv chat bot commands to allow users to find links in your Twitch Chat. No more pausing your game to show off your builds or linking to twitch clips.
  3. Link Mercenary Loadouts of players in your tournaments so your viewers know the weapons and armor being used by each player.
  4. Ask for feedback on a build from other players before testing your luck in upcoming ranked and Frontline, or see what other users are upvoting after the latest patch.
  5. Easily find a specific build for "Archers" or "Fighters", adding a defacto "class" system to make it easier to find specific builds, and filter out unwanted weapons.
  6. Easily search Loadouts for weapons directly, allowing you Rapier shield one-tricks to have the burden of looking through real builds removed.

Please understand that this is a BETA build of Mordhau.gg and I am one person and...

1. Mordhau.gg is NOT run by a clan and is not officially related to Mordhau.com, thus, both financial and technical support is limited.
  2. Because this is basically a solo project, There WILL BE BUGS THAT WILL TAKE TIME TO FIX.
  3. Web Servers cost money, but I will do my best to make Mordhau.gg ad free, cost free, and self funded, as long as I can.

Some of the known bugs including things such as weapon cost being off on some weapons, typos when inputting stats and names, and showing damage tables for shields and non-damaged items...These bugs will be fixed in the near future, but I must remind everyone that without community feedback and support, I will not be able to make the changes that are needed to provide a solid platform for a cool community.

I plan on adding a few features in the future such as...

1. Ability to edit and delete builds. In the Works currently ( HIGH PRIORITY).
  2. Ability to upload YouTube videos and Twitch Clips to your builds, Added formatting options for the description panel, and screenshot upload, allowing for a more engaging user experience ( MEDIUM PRIORITY ).
  3. User Forums ( MEDIUM PRIORITY; Awaiting user feedback ).
  4. Some Secret Stuff :)

If you are interested in helping with Mordhau.gg or just wish to leave me feedback on the platform, please feel free to PM me here and I'll get back to you ASAP. I hope to get some good feedback and show me where I can improve. Thanks for taking the time to read.

604 473
  • 16 Jul
 esturias

Nice effort there, looks good so far.

Random feedback:

• I don't like how those things today need all kinds of third party accounts. I don't have a twitch account an I'm not interested in one.
  • The design is wasting a bit too much space. E.g., on the weapons list, I only see two weapons on my screen at the same time when there could be 6-8 at least. With a few content updates, that would mean scrolling for ages. Same with the weapon stats, the damage window could be a bit smaller.
  • Would be useful to name the different weapon modes, like "short grip", "long grip", "throw" and stuff like that.
  • Same with special abilities of equipment. Just a short line. Bilhook - "Slashes demount riders". Wooden mallet - "Builds and repairs structures."
  • Builds: The comment line at the bottom should be at the top, so that you know right away what the build is about.
61 39
  • 16 Jul
 Ethan

@esturias said:
Nice effort there, looks good so far.

Random feedback:

• I don't like how those things today need all kinds of third party accounts. I don't have a twitch account an I'm not interested in one.
  • The design is wasting a bit too much space. E.g., on the weapons list, I only see two weapons on my screen at the same time when there could be 6-8 at least. With a few content updates, that would mean scrolling for ages. Same with the weapon stats, the damage window could be a bit smaller.
  • Would be useful to name the different weapon modes, like "short grip", "long grip", "throw" and stuff like that.
  • Same with special abilities of equipment. Just a short line. Bilhook - "Slashes demount riders". Wooden mallet - "Builds and repairs structures."
  • Builds: The comment line at the bottom should be at the top, so that you know right away what the build is about.

Thanks for the great feedback :)
I’ll add those things to my list

As for 3rd party login, I wanted to offer both twitch.tv and allow users to register with an email or username, however that brings up the issue of a em grabbing.

I wanted streamers to be able to protect their brand, which is why I’m offering twitch login only for now. Thanks for the feedback again

61 39
604 473
  • 16 Jul
 esturias

You're welcome. When somebody puts that much effort into something, it's always a pleasure to help. :)

@ moderator(s): What do you think about this? Worth pinning in the feedback subforum?

76 207

Wow this is actually really well made. Nice work.

210 197
  • 16 Jul
 recurf

If you have a github repo, send me a link? I dont mind adding to it

61 39
  • 17 Jul
 Ethan

@ParalyzedTortoise said:
Wow this is actually really well made. Nice work.

Thanks but I can’t take ALL the credit.I wanted this done right and quickly , so I paid a developer friend of mine to compile the web app based on my UI/UX front-end work, and given the stats I farmed. I’m simply not skilled enough in Node to get this done alone in the time needed ( but I’m getting there ).

What was really difficult about this site is the initial set-up and no API.

Other sites like u.gg and mobafire pull their data from the official Riot API. Mordhau does NOT have an API. This made it super difficult because I had to farm gold to unlock weapons.

61 39
  • 18 Jul
 Ethan

Bump

Need some users to test builds

Example of a user’s build :
https://mordhau.gg/builds/5d2e02aebdcbc70898d01e4c

61 39
  • 19 Jul
 Ethan

Bumping

61 39
  • 23 Jul
 Ethan

Bumping

Duke 5473 13074
  • 23 Jul
 Jax — Community Manager

This pretty neat

61 39
  • 24 Jul
 Ethan

@Jax said:
This pretty neat

Thanks pal :)

103 122

I noticed both the Bastard Sword and the Messer can only be found via the search bar, they're neither in the one-handed nor the two-handed category (should probably be in both, right?).

Also the page number doesn't update correctly. If you browse the two-handed weapons all the way to the end you're on page 3/3. If you then click on the one-handed tab the page will say 3/2.

61 39
  • 27 Jul
 Ethan

@Shitscrubber64 said:
I noticed both the Bastard Sword and the Messer can only be found via the search bar, they're neither in the one-handed nor the two-handed category (should probably be in both, right?).

Also the page number doesn't update correctly. If you browse the two-handed weapons all the way to the end you're on page 3/3. If you then click on the one-handed tab the page will say 3/2.

Thank you for finding these bugs and I will look at fixing these ASAP!

The swords “class” ( one handed, 2 handed, etc )
Is based on how the weapon is held without using other items ( like a shield ) and in its normal mode ( not its alt mode ). I know this can be confusing, so it might be something I may remove if it gets confusing for some users.