Mordhau

Ok I created a poll to determine how the community stands on this sjw nonsense. link in comments.

1548 1616

That's not how science works.

214 179
  • 15 Jul
 Dialectic

@SWSeriousMike said:

What do you mean?

48 17

@SWSeriousMike said:

It was just a quick poll to gauge just how split the community is.

964 696
  • 15 Jul
 esturias

@Dialectic said:
What do you mean?

The poll is just horribly dumb and entirely useless. I hope I don't have to explain why...

717 603

damn....the real answer is the lowest one, but there's a caveat: the trolls and flamers are also racist

48 17

@esturias said:

@Dialectic said:
What do you mean?

The poll is just horribly dumb and entirely useless. I hope I don't have to explain why...

Well no, not really. There are those that believe that racist rhetoric and toxicity can be found in almost every multiplayer game, and there are those that believe mordhau is a hotbed of white supremacy. I was curious to see what the results would be.

Knight 399 869
  • 15 Jul
 Alphonse

Offtopic is that way ↓

274 320
  • 15 Jul
 DrGert

Poll is nonsense. Youre asking the wrong questions. Asking what someone “thinks” doesn’t determine what something actually is. Honestly, you would get more accurate info if you just asked;

• Are you openly racist on mordhau forums, in-game and other platforms?

And

• Do you identify as a racist in day to day life?

You’re also polling a small subset of the community. Even if you released that poll on multiple platforms youd naturally get a high percentage of “yes, I am a filthy racist” responses because a lot of the degenerates flock to these platforms to preach their bullshit.

48 17

@DrGert said:
Poll is nonsense. Your asking the wrong questions. Asking what someone “thinks” doesn’t determine what something actually is. Honestly, you would get more accurate info if you just asked;

• Are you openly racist on mordhau forums, in-game and other platforms?

And

• Do you identify as a racist in day to day life?

You’re also polling a small subset of the community. Even if you released that poll on multiple platforms youd naturally get a high percentage of “yes, I am a filthy racist” responses because a lot of the degenerates flock to these platforms to preach their bullshit.

I don't care about people's sociological behavior. I'm asking if the game in it's current state presents it self as a racist form of entertainment as depicted by PC gamer and other "journalists".

529 280

No sure who are the sjw's here, the ones wanting females/blacks in the game, or the ones crying because females/blacks are in the game? The hypocrisy is amazing.

48 17

@Christian2222 said:
No sure who are the sjw's here, the ones wanting females/blacks in the game, or the ones crying because females/blacks are in the game? The hypocrisy is amazing.

I'm referring to the journalists lambasting the dev's over false information. Politicizing comments made by the devs to create clickbait articles.

1548 1616

So, you admit that it is a prejudiced poll with a loaded question and favoring one specific outcome? Why did you try to deny it before?

214 179
  • 16 Jul
 Dialectic

@SWSeriousMike said:
So, you admit that it is a prejudiced poll with a loaded question and favoring one specific outcome? Why did you try to deny it before?

"Is mordhau racist? Yes or no"

That's a loaded question to you? It's a simple opinion poll. He can post a simple opinion poll without having to contact a professional pollster for a full academic review.

1548 1616

Here is another unloaded poll for you:

Have you read the poll?

[ ] No.
[ ] Santa isn't real.
[ ] 42
[ ] Who let the dogs out?
[ ] Parts of it.
[ ] I've got to be honest. I'm only here to argue.

There is "sjw nonsense" in the thread title. There are answers that are redundant and an answer that is completely irrelevant. It isn't specified if the game or the community is the subject of the poll. And then there is this statement outright admitting that it isn't neutral:
"I'm referring to the journalists lambasting the dev's over false information. Politicizing comments made by the devs to create clickbait articles."

What is it this time? Are you dishonest or gullible?

964 696
  • 16 Jul
 esturias

@MachinePlayer said:
Well no, not really.

Yes, really.

There are those that believe that racist rhetoric and toxicity can be found in almost every multiplayer game, and there are those that believe mordhau is a hotbed of white supremacy. I was curious to see what the results would be.

Then why don't you ask exactly that? Yo are askig if "the game" is racist, which is a pretty dumb question already. And then you offer multiple voting options that totally distort the outcome. Is that really THAT hard to understand?

192 99

pie charts pretty much says it all.

NO.

and dam there's a delusional 20% out there...
lol

214 179
  • 16 Jul
 Dialectic

@SWSeriousMike said:
Here is another unloaded poll for you:

Have you read the poll?

[ ] No.
[ ] Santa isn't real.
[ ] 42
[ ] Who let the dogs out?
[ ] Parts of it.
[ ] I've got to be honest. I'm only here to argue.

There is "sjw nonsense" in the thread title. There are answers that are redundant and an answer that is completely irrelevant. It isn't specified if the game or the community is the subject of the poll. And then there is this statement outright admitting that it isn't neutral:
"I'm referring to the journalists lambasting the dev's over false information. Politicizing comments made by the devs to create clickbait articles."

What is it this time? Are you dishonest or gullible?

In your example you don't offer the basic answer "yes" to the yes/no question of your example poll, so I agree your example poll is loaded.

However, OP's poll offers a yes/no answer to the yes/no question, and the question doesn't attempt to assume anything. The additional answers are traditional internet joke answers for opinion polls.

The title of the thread reveals a bias in OP's position, which may be important in a professional national poll but has no bearing on an unprofessional forum opinion poll. Besides, everyone has personal bias.

214 179
  • 16 Jul
 Dialectic

I'll help Mike out. The opinion poll doesn't mean much scientifically on many levels, one of which is the presumption that a racist wouldnt answer in defense of themselves. So if there 10 people, 9 of them hate black people for various delusional reasons, and the poll is "is this place racist?" They may all say no, because they don't view themselves in an accurate way. This would skew results in favor of showing that the "place" is not racist when it very well may be.

So the better question might be "do you think blacks are inferior in all ways due to being black?". I'm not a pollster but this seems a more accurate question.

However, it's just an internet opinion poll.

1548 1616

So now you understand it is a loaded poll? Good to know. I was beginning to worry.