Mordhau

If medieval games attract racists, then why do games like Rewatch, Dota, and LoL have in depth word filters and punishment systems?

214 178
  • 15 Jul
 Dialectic

If "post your kniggas" not being removed is evidence of triternion condoning racism, then the existence of word filters in AAA games is evidence that they have a larger problem of racism than small indie medieval games which don't have Auto filters.

Just trying to help some of you see the error in your position....

Edit: phone auto correct murdered "overwatch"

604 474
  • 15 Jul
 esturias

Err... Do you really need people to tell you about your massive logical fallacy there?
Or did I miss the point of this?

84 133
  • 15 Jul
 IllOmens

I wish people would just stop posting threads about this

I also wish people who are worried about this topic would realize that the people who are actually offended by a "lack of representation of minorities and women" in a game that less than 10k people play at this point in time is such a small group that they're not worth addressing and that the whole thing is literally just autistic screeching

129 179
  • 15 Jul
 CatR

My favourite medieval game: League Of Legends! I remember at the battle of Hastings where Alan the Red picked jungle and rushed for red buff (hence his name) and laid waste to the English top lane.

Knight 7577 13875
214 178
  • 15 Jul
 Dialectic

I love that I have to spell out the logical comparison.

If medieval game means racist, then why do non-medieval games need extensive filters and punishment systems?

214 178
  • 15 Jul
 Dialectic

@CatR said:
My favourite medieval game: League Of Legends! I remember at the battle of Hastings where Alan the Red picked jungle and rushed for red buff (hence his name) and laid waste to the English top lane.

That's the point, genius.

214 178
  • 15 Jul
 Dialectic

@esturias said:
Err... Do you really need people to tell you about your massive logical fallacy there?
Or did I miss the point of this?

Yes, please describe your position in detail. It's why I made the thread.

Do you think medieval games attract racists? If so, why do non medieval games need extensive filters and punishments for racists?

1339 1395

If smoking causes cancer, why do people that don't smoke get cancer too?
Checkmate, atheists!

214 178
  • 15 Jul
 Dialectic

@SWSeriousMike said:
If smoking causes cancer, why do people that don't smoke get cancer too?
Checkmate, atheists!

Do you think that's comparable given there are multiple types of cancers not related to smoking, while the point regarding racism is more specific?

1339 1395
383 577
  • 15 Jul
 smug

If you think the game doesn't attract these certain kinds of people you are either, not involved enough in the community to know, or disingenuous to the point where you can post on these forums and not see exactly what we're talking about.

604 474
  • 15 Jul
 esturias

@IllOmens said:
I wish people would just stop posting threads about this

Would be completely ok to discuss this - after all it's a major problem right now - but sadly most (all?) threads about this turn into a totall mess of delusion, politics and people smearing their immaturity and lack of education right in the face of other people.

Knight 100 370
  • 15 Jul
 McMercy

If x doesnt do y then they are z

Knight 399 868
  • 15 Jul
 Alphonse

nicknamed "Dialectic"

reiterates non sequiturs with slightly different wording each time and employs awful logic

It's like poetry.

90 108

I lost at least 15 brain cells reading this thread.

Sellsword 129 237
  • 16 Jul
 bardolphus

because some developers take a firm stance on being intolerant of racism and that kind of thing while others are far more impotent

granted, i doubt most of the companies who implement word sensors actually care about protecting people but at least it does something

Knight 7577 13875
  • 16 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

"protecting people" holy shit lmao

61 39
  • 16 Jul
 Ethan

In league of legends, saying the N word or something close will usually result in a ban of some kind, almost 100% of the time

2 2
  • 16 Jul
 Heckett

Without word filters AOS games would have never survived outside of Warcraft 3. You should have played Dota in its hayday in Warcraft. Racism abound.