Mordhau

LOVE THIS GAME BUT can we please nerf cavalry?

132 48
  • 17 Jul
 Highlander

@Luward said:

@esturias said:

@Luward said:
Not in any of the games I've played.

You said you were a completely new player, so how many matches did you play then? Three?
How do you then explain the scores of 40/5 and similar that riders often get in the matches of all other players?

And you still didn't answer the question as to why a feature being OP or gamebreaking is desirable in terms of balance.

Try like 100. I don't do much with my free time besides power game. I answered it with realism, and balance is a cop out for lamers who hate innovation and strategy.

“ balance is a cop out “ lmao sounds like someone is clinging to delusions about horses, just admit you don’t wanna lose the ability to go 60 kills to 3 deaths in one game because you can onehit noobs leaving blue crossroads spawn and they have literally no way to defend themselves from a spear.

It is completely reasonable for damage to be multiplied back onto the horseman and be able to one hit them if they charge 30 mph into your halberd just as they can one hit you. Horses should fear polearms, period. Do you really fucking thing horses would charge at polearm users in medieval times and fucking destroy them everytime?

132 48
  • 17 Jul
 Highlander

@Luward said:
"God, I can't kill a tank with an AK-47. this is unbearably broken and cheap. Tanks are OP. Plz nerf" If you have a problem with cavalry, use the tools at your disposal and use better tactics. Cavalry is where it should be: OP against infantry.

If you think Calvary should be able to destroy polearm infantry ( specifically used in medieval times to fuck knights ) then ur crazy mate.

26 17
  • 17 Jul
 Nauht

Nerf inc anyway (according to Jaxx), so don't matter what you horseboys say. Whatever they do the devs recognise that horses at the moment are in need of a fix or something as how it is now is pure cheese and requires no skill.

274 320
  • 17 Jul
 DrGert

@ViscountSeymour said:
Ah, oh, ooh, and eee! I shall say what I have said before using the secret copy and paste techkneek. Ah... my good anti horse people... I personally see no need as to why we should shoot horses with nerf guns. They, as I had previously mentioned, come to an ubrupt halt upon touching any molecular compound, that is in a solid state. That is not the only problem that the state of Calgary faces. Accuracy is quite bad with them. You have to aim low, not too quickly nor too late, and oftentimes, one can hit their own steed, unless couching. Even whilst couching it can be hard to get anyone since you have to aim low, the horse moves in a haste so quick that tis hard to aim, one has to move with haste for it to register a hit, and rarely- if ever- do hits register whilst moving or turning. You can't turn your back on the bloody thing, and are vulnerable when it falls, or when getting off. It is easy to counter the poor horsemen just by stepping to the side. And don't get me started on the horseman's worst nightmare... toolboxes... I myself have indulged in this horserassment, and saw the fear, and despair in the eyes of both the horse and the rider. Oftentimes your own team will kill your steed ny mistake, due to your speed. If this is the price for oneshotting, it is a sad one. If anything those poor things can do with a tiny buff. They don't need it though. So I beg of you don't spew any diarrhetic snake poison from your keyboard, elsewhere you will officially be labelled son of shoes, and your balls will be set aflame... It was all unchanged... Except, The first sentence, which revealed whom I was addressing.

What the fuck is wrong with you.. you didn’t give one valid reason why they shouldn’t be nerfed. All you did was explain basic mechanics in literally the cringiest possible way.

63 43
  • 17 Jul
 Cadiz

I think it's fair criricism to complain about the flinching with cavalry. You could be right about to contact the horse or rider one moment but the wrong hit smacks the wrong hitbox and your fully dedicated and completely wound up slash with your zweihandler or your spear's momentum just goes bye bye, as if you'd never tried to attack. Maybe making it so that more weapons drag the riders off their horse and not just limiting it to the billhook? A slash with an axe or halberd should theoretically have the same effect.

11 39

Honestly, I don’t think cavalry needs to be nerfed per se, they should buff anti-cavalry weapons. For instance have arrows/bolts do more damage against horses, have spikes kill horses, add a “stance” for spears and pole arms that roots you in place but deals damage to cavalry, etc. that sort of thing would make certain weapons and load outs more viable. Especially archers.

957 303

@Luward said:

@esturias said:

@Luward said:
Not in any of the games I've played.

You said you were a completely new player, so how many matches did you play then? Three?
How do you then explain the scores of 40/5 and similar that riders often get in the matches of all other players?

And you still didn't answer the question as to why a feature being OP or gamebreaking is desirable in terms of balance.

Try like 100. I don't do much with my free time besides power game. I answered it with realism, and balance is a cop out for lamers who hate innovation and strategy.

how is a horse than can barely rub its head on you to stop a attack from you realistic watch a horse run through a crowd it eventualy stoped it doesnet just plow through as they do in game also plate armor would add more of a slowdown in real life if not trip the horse

957 303

@Highlander said:

@Luward said:
"God, I can't kill a tank with an AK-47. this is unbearably broken and cheap. Tanks are OP. Plz nerf" If you have a problem with cavalry, use the tools at your disposal and use better tactics. Cavalry is where it should be: OP against infantry.

If you think Calvary should be able to destroy polearm infantry ( specifically used in medieval times to fuck knights ) then ur crazy mate.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/military-history/polearms-the-anti-cavalry-weapon-of-choice-in-medieval-warfare/ adding to your statement

11 2
  • 17 Jul
 FatMike

Nerfing the horses will only force more spear-riders.
Just saying.

I understand alot of people don't like the couched weapons for horses - heck, I ride with a 1h axe myself, if you complain about me being OP there - you're the one who needs to finish the tutorial... :>

Knight 7718 14222
  • 17 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@FatMike said:
Just saying.

Not if you nerf them by making it so that only lance can couch.

64 34
  • 17 Jul
 Crumly

@Luward said:

@esturias said:
Since when is "OP against infantry" the place "where it should be"? How is OP in any way desirable?
You really seem to have no clue about gamebalance and that comparison is silly.
Besides that, horses aren't just OP, they are balancebreaking.

You put on some armor and get run over by a horse. Then tell me exactly why horses shouldn't be balance breaking against infantry. In the mean time, cavalry is going to continue laughing at the absurdity of people asking for horses to get nerfed instead of you trying to figure out a more effective method to deal with them. I am very aware of game balance. Horses and swordmen are not supposed to be balanced. If you are dumb enough to go after a mounted knight with a sword, without the skill to effectively use it against them, then you deserve to get pwn'd. Use a billhook, spear, spikes, stay off open ground, or spend 30 seconds looking at gear and figure out a way to have the advantage against cavalry. Instead of being a lamer, be a gamer.

billhook pretty short range

957 303

@ToLazy4Name said:

@FatMike said:
Just saying.

yeah lance should be the only couchable weapon

11 2
  • 17 Jul
 FatMike

@Antoniokontos said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@FatMike said:
Just saying.

I agree with you, but this does not take away my point.
It will simply force more spear riders, as they'll be able to stab while ramming full speed into a crowd.

Easy solution; Disallow long weapons of horses. (Anything longer than bastard sword)

957 303

@FatMike said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@FatMike said:
Just saying.

I agree with you, but this does not take away my point.
It will simply force more spear riders, as they'll be able to stab while ramming full speed into a crowd.

Easy solution; Disallow long weapons of horses. (Anything longer than bastard sword)

that defeats the point of a entire mechanic i think since the tutorial has lance only for horses Lance should be the only weapon couchable

877 652
  • 17 Jul
 esturias

@FatMike said:

That would be stupid. There are so many different knobs to turn back and forth on horses, no need to ban certain weapons.

32 20

Highlander, congratulations to you! you have convinced me that adding, and making the current anti cavalry weapons a bit better. Bear traps do also sometimes kill horses, and sometimes take away almost all health and stun them, but the game doesn't always register it, because... Though, I wouldn't say horses don't need a nerf as much they do a rework. On the other hand, I have someone who did read understand what, and why t'was written, despite your doctorate. Your argument is not even an argument, what you did there was just insult me personally rather than the point (not even in a witty, or a way in which humour is attempted). The "basic mechanics" that I offered were reasons why horses were balanced for being able to One shot... when they actually land a hit, are on a horse (hard to find on most maps), and are moving very fast. I also spoke counters to horses, which almost always works for me. To me horses are rarely much of a challenge, and I am not too great a player. Your argument is closer to just contradicting me (unlike highlander's). You just stated, that what I said was just invalid...

192 99

remove the hit stop/flinch from getting bumped by a horse, make a few more anti cav weapons or ways to bring them down,
bear traps do more damage, or maybe ranged stuff works better against them...
Something.

132 48
  • 17 Jul
 Highlander

@ToLazy4Name said:

@FatMike said:
Just saying.

Another good idea would be damage multipliers for both rider and guy hitting, the flinching stopped against anti horsemen and adding more buildable spikes and maybe a buildable fence for spawn on crossroads. Another neat change would be if armored horses have more health than regular saddle horses at the cost of being slower and harder to maneuver.

It’s important that horses aren’t nerfed too hard but some large changes are definitely needed to make horses fun to play against.

2 2
  • 31 Jul
 BeniK

Guys great news!!

"We’ve been listening to your feedback on game balance and frustrations with the game, and we’ve identified some areas that need a bit of work in this regard. Horses feel a bit too powerful and unfun to fight against and we’re looking into ways to make horses fairer to fight against, adding more risk to the horse riders while keeping them deadly and powerful."

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/19080/mordhau-development-update-july/

877 652
  • 31 Jul
 esturias

@BeniK said:
Guys great news!!

Sooo... you necroed a useless thread to link a similarly old thread everyone knows about already?