Mordhau

LOVE THIS GAME BUT can we please nerf cavalry?

Knight 7631 14008
  • 15 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@Luward said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Yes goy just magically figure out how to counter a 1 shot that even if parried will do chip damage, ragdoll you and disarm you and oh yeah it also has the longest range in the game so you can't hit the rider first lol just figure it out man lol

"How dare you tell me to adapt and overcome! I just want to complain and make everyone like the things I like!"

Yeah man I agree just adapt and overcome the unblockable 1 shot with longer range than any melee attack on foot yep

274 320
  • 15 Jul
 DrGert

@Luward said:
"God, I can't kill a tank with an AK-47. this is unbearably broken and cheap. Tanks are OP. Plz nerf" If you have a problem with cavalry, use the tools at your disposal and use better tactics. Cavalry is where it should be: OP against infantry.

Ok let’s talk about realism then if you want to make stupid analogies. AK-47’s can’t peirce through a tanks armor, fine.

So then by your logic the following should also appear in-game:

• Bear traps should break a horses leg and fling the rider off.
  • slashing or stabbing a horse with ANYTHING should make it buck and fling the rider off. (If players can be flinched how come horses can’t be flinched?)
  • If a horse gets burned in fire it should buck and fling the rider off.
  • Horses should not be able to jump off high cliffs without taking damage or breaking a leg.
  • Running full speed through a large group of soldiers should slow the horse or make it come to a stop.
  • Horses should no longer be able to run at full speed if hit with an arrow.

You see, I think if you’re arguing realism here that you and I could agree on these changes. How can you possibly say that horses are balanced without these things?

129 141

Good news!

Check Jax's last Twitch stream just before the 30 minute mark.

New apache will feature a horse nerf of some type - no deets yet but they're definitely working on it.

hugh.jpg

159 97

Counterplay should be the answer, archers are good vs horses in my experience, I can take down horse very easily, even with 20 points of dmg from a recurve bow, takes a few shots obviously but it's not difficult.

You also have toolbox, which can just pop up a barrier in front of the horse causing it to rear up, come to a halt and then it's easy pickings for the melees.

Predict routes they take and firebomb them, not a great counter but has worked quite a few times for me.

I don't see horses as a huge problem, it's more to do with the idiots with swords, who take the risk, lose then cry about it.

129 141

I agree, bows are good vs cavalry. Engineer, sure. But infantry (bulk of the lobby) are hopelessly outmatched so hopefully that is addressed in some way.

529 278

Maybe if most of the people that make posts to nerf cavalry actually propose something reasonable. Not just "make cavalry completely suck plz"

Knight 7631 14008
  • 15 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

yeah bro just make a class devoted entirely to killing horses haha it's easy

Duke 545 903
  • 16 Jul
 Goatie

Oh look this guy has an RPG in Mordhau. Adapt and overcome!!. Horses are not the same as tanks in other games. They are much faster and aren't being shot and grenaded by a billion dudes. Honestly what a shit comparison. Let's all forget the objective and having fun in big melee fights to go chase some tosser in a plume who will kill you 9/10 anyway if he's a good rider. Horses are a plague upon this game and make Frontline way more terrible then it is.

954 302

Make horse a playable option one person be horse the other the rider

954 302

@Goatie said:
Oh look this guy has an RPG in Mordhau. Adapt and overcome!!. Horses are not the same as tanks in other games. They are much faster and aren't being shot and grenaded by a billion dudes. Honestly what a shit comparison. Let's all forget the objective and having fun in big melee fights to go chase some tosser in a plume who will kill you 9/10 anyway if he's a good rider. Horses are a plague upon this game and make Frontline way more terrible then it is.

tbh if horses barely bumping you dident cause you to loose your attack instantly i think it would be ballenced (that and horses beingable to climb up walls being removed)

954 302

@DrGert said:

@Luward said:
"God, I can't kill a tank with an AK-47. this is unbearably broken and cheap. Tanks are OP. Plz nerf" If you have a problem with cavalry, use the tools at your disposal and use better tactics. Cavalry is where it should be: OP against infantry.

Ok let’s talk about realism then if you want to make stupid analogies. AK-47’s can’t peirce through a tanks armor, fine.

• slashing or stabbing a horse with ANYTHING should make it buck and fling the rider off. (If players can be flinched how come horses can’t be flinched?)
  • Horses should not be able to jump off high cliffs without taking damage or breaking a leg.
  • Running full speed through a large group of soldiers should slow the horse or make it come to a stop.

You see, I think if you’re arguing realism here that you and I could agree on these changes. How can you possibly say that horses are balanced without these things?

yeah like crossroads with people riding hoses up the tower and riding off perfectly fine is just stupid

697 530
  • 16 Jul
 esturias

@Christian2222 said:
Maybe if most of the people that make posts to nerf cavalry actually propose something reasonable. Not just "make cavalry completely suck plz"

You have proper suggestions all over the place. My major suggestions were:

1. Horses are only usable on flat ground. No more climbing up stairs and riding on thin wooden beams. Climbing up stone stairs like on Grad is still ok.
  2. Horses get slow loading stamina and riders need to "sprint" in oder to onehit enemies. Speeding up takes a few meters.
  3. They can only ride sharp corners when riding slowly. No turning on the point within a second in full gallop.
  4. High damaging hits to the horse make it panic, so that it will slightly and randomly change the direction for a second.
  5. The magic forcefield around horses gets removed, so that you only get pushed back when you get actually hit by the horse.

Tadaa!

9 11
  • 16 Jul
 PUR3IℂE

Arrows and bolts could deal bonus damage against momentum towards them

Conscript 185 472
  • 16 Jul
 Shovonem

Honestly I pretty much just stopped playing Frontline after trying a few days mostly due to horses along a few other bullshit mechanic. One of the worst mechanic of horse is the flinch + 1 shot combo. Sometimes the horse bump flinches the player and then the momentum based weapon attack 1 shot the you during flinch animation and there is nothing can you since you can't parry the attack due to horse bump flinch. It happens more often when you try to attack the horse since horse hitbox is fucking ridiculous.

The main fix would be:

1. Make the horse bump flinch different so it is possible to parry during the flinch. (But not possible to attack the horse)

2. Remove the small damage dealt by couched weapon when parried. It disarms and ragdolls. What more does it need.

3. Add considerable slowdown when horse bump into people. If horse bump into like 5-6 people in a very short amount of time horse momentum will stop completely. It will force cavalry to flank more instead of just running into a group of people like it's nothing. A counter to cavalry would also be to stack team mates nearby and force flinch to slow the horse down and kill.

4. Fix horse hitbox.

5. Fix sound so it's easier to track how far away/ where cavalry is coming from. Right now it feels very arbitrary.

6. Perhaps add momentum based damage on the cavalry as well so it's high risk high reward. Unless it makes them too weak.

7. Make bear trap deal more damage against horse.

Right now horse is a low risk high reward and yet one of the easiest mechanic in the game with barely any depth. Making it impossible to ride horse in too many places would make them very unfun (fixing certain ridiculous places is fine). Let them ride but add proper counter that is in control of the player instead of map design. That is better.

48 18
  • 16 Jul
 Luward

@DrGert said:

@Luward said:

This is true.

These are not true except for flinching. That should be a thing.

This is true

This is not true, and it already is in game. In fact, you get slowed if you hit 1 person and stopped if there are more than 2, even though realistically all the horses as presented in this game should easily be able to trample groups of 3 or less.

This is not true

Warhorses don't buck and kick off the riders, they are also largely unfazed by arrows that don't hit joints and vital organs. Why would you bring anything besides a warhorse to a battlefield? At worst, the horse would rear up when presented with fire, but continue when pushed by it's rider, if the rider was not unseated by the rearing. That should be something included in the game, but may not yet be mechanically feasible.

@ToLazy4Name said:
Yeah man I agree just adapt and overcome the unblockable 1 shot with longer range than any melee attack on foot yep

I already gave you 6 ways to so for free. If you're still salty over cavalry, then spend about 2 minutes looking at the gear and about 10 minutes experimenting with things until you figure it out yourself.

954 302

@Luward said:

@DrGert said:

@Luward said:

This is true.

These are not true except for flinching. That should be a thing.

This is true

This is not true, and it already is in game. In fact, you get slowed if you hit 1 person and stopped if there are more than 2, even though realistically all the horses as presented in this game should easily be able to trample groups of 3 or less.

This is not true

Warhorses don't buck and kick off the riders, they are also largely unfazed by arrows. Why would you bring anything besides a warhorse to battlefield? At worst, the horse would rear up when presented with fire, but continue when pushed by it's rider, if the rider was not unseated by the rearing. That should be something included in the game, but may not yet be mechanically feasible.

@ToLazy4Name said:

I already gave you 6 ways to so for free. If you're still salty over cavalry, then spend about 2 minutes looking at the gear and about 10 minutes experimenting with things until you figure it out yourself.

but sir im but a peasent i dont cower behind my wealth i fight on the ground

Knight 7631 14008
  • 16 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@Luward said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

hey man thanks for the tips now I own cavalry 1v1 epic style constantly it's easy thank you so much man

48 18
  • 16 Jul
 Luward

@ToLazy4Name said:
hey man thanks for the tips now I own cavalry 1v1 epic style constantly it's easy thank you so much man

Oh now I get it; your idea of balanced is "As long as I'm always the one winning."

954 302

"As long as I'm always the one winning."

Cavalry 2019

Knight 7631 14008
  • 16 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@Luward said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Oh now I get it; your idea of balanced is "As long as I'm always the one winning."

yeah and now i'm winning thanks to your epic advice thank you so much man